The Official plans and project 2011 Thread!

db235612, juste une observation comme ça.

Tu mets beaucoup sur la voiture, c'est cool et tu auras certainement des performances incroyables, mais ce qui aurait à mon avis fait un peu plus de sens, c'est que: "changer mes harnais et acheter un HANS" aurait du être dans tes premières étapes. On dit toujours, investis sur le pilote avant l'auto.... mais anyway, au moins c'est sur ta liste!!

C'est pas un commentaire négatif en passant.

Question then, is the HANS device only effective once you move to 3/4/5 point harness and no longer see forward movement of your body? If you are still using the original belt & airbags combo, I assume that the HANS is not really a factor, no?

Hans device is held in place by the seat belts on each shoulder.
The Hans needs a 5-6 point seat belts.

... et une roll protection (arceau, cage)

The subframe reinforcement is done on the ///M3. I spoke to Sebastien about a roll bar or a full roll cage but I want to use the car (and it's back seats) for the summer. My daughters love "the race car" and once I put even just a roll bar I will no longer allow them to sit in the back.

For now I have deleted the race seats, 5-point harness, and roll bar from my build list for this summer.

The car won't be ready for May 1 unfortunately, but looks like it should come together for around June 1...but I'll drive it no matter what state it's in come the first day of ASE. :)

Good news is that I seem to have paid a really great price for it and so far of everyone who's had it up on a lift they say the car is in perfect shape. Looking forward to this season!!!

db235612, juste une observation comme ça.

Tu mets beaucoup sur la voiture, c'est cool et tu auras certainement des performances incroyables, mais ce qui aurait à mon avis fait un peu plus de sens, c'est que: "changer mes harnais et acheter un HANS" aurait du être dans tes premières étapes. On dit toujours, investis sur le pilote avant l'auto.... mais anyway, au moins c'est sur ta liste!!

C'est pas un commentaire négatif en passant.

oui bien, je roulais deja un harnais 5 point, mais la je veut rouler un hans donc je vais changer mon harnais 5 point 3" pour un qui est fait pour aller avec le hans.! je crois quil est 3" mais qui tombe 2 1/2 sur les epaule pour le hans

pour ce qui est de larceau, jai deja une cage 6 point dans lauto qui vas devenir une 10 point bientot ;)

Just got the 16v back from the cage builder...

DSCN0949Large.jpg

DSCN0948Large.jpg

DSCN0951Large.jpg

DSCN0952Large.jpg

DSCN0950Large.jpg

Starting to paint it...

Paintingrollcage.jpg

Installing the window net...

Windownet.jpg

The subframe reinforcement is done on the ///M3. I spoke to Sebastien about a roll bar or a full roll cage but I want to use the car (and it's back seats) for the summer. My daughters love "the race car" and once I put even just a roll bar I will no longer allow them to sit in the back.

For now I have deleted the race seats, 5-point harness, and roll bar from my build list for this summer.

The car won't be ready for May 1 unfortunately, but looks like it should come together for around June 1...but I'll drive it no matter what state it's in come the first day of ASE. :)

Good news is that I seem to have paid a really great price for it and so far of everyone who's had it up on a lift they say the car is in perfect shape. Looking forward to this season!!!

It looks like the budget for V3s has been prepared...lol

oui bien, je roulais deja un harnais 5 point, mais la je veut rouler un hans donc je vais changer mon harnais 5 point 3" pour un qui est fait pour aller avec le hans.! je crois quil est 3" mais qui tombe 2 1/2 sur les epaule pour le hans

pour ce qui est de larceau, jai deja une cage 6 point dans lauto qui vas devenir une 10 point bientot ;)

3" ou 2" , les deux sont fait pour les HANS.
Si tu acheter un 2", tu peut seulement mets tes belts quand tu porte un Hans. Le 2" ne devrait jamais etre utiliser sans HANS- donc c'est pour ca il appeller HANS ONLY belts.

Appeller Perry Performance pour les conseils des experts.

3" ou 2" , les deux sont fait pour les HANS.
Si tu acheter un 2", tu peut seulement mets tes belts quand tu porte un Hans. Le 2" ne devrait jamais etre utiliser sans HANS- donc c'est pour ca il appeller HANS ONLY belts.

Appeller Perry Performance pour les conseils des experts.

c'est sure que quand je serais rendu la je vais tappeler carl !! toujours agreable de jaser avec toi ! ;)

cooling system compleated , wirering compleated, intercooler pipes and cooling hose and pump done, charging system done,

left to do.

Tuning, not going to be fun but I will do it right.
rerouting some wires and hose and some pipe making some holders for them to make then clean and neat and not touch anything and get damaged.
turbo down pipe and 2 spots for o2 sensors.
fix a few codes tps and coolant sensor. the other codes are egr and purge canister since its a race only car im not going to fix them.
and a really really nice cleaning and a photo opts in Montreal Napi Drag way.
Im real happy with my build it was build for under 5000$ and will run in the 12sec to 13sec on the first days out. it won't be a fast car compared to the other guys running there
but I will be the fastest car for the price, and the fasted FWD Ford Tempo. don't expect too look under the hood and see 2000$ of chrome since I don't do chrome I build a race car to go fast not
too look good sure I would love to have a under hood car that looks like its out of Chip Foose work shop but it won't make my car go faster and to me its a waste of cash. and since I don't have any
spare cash, well this is what I have and this is what I will Run and I love it. I do I really do!

I would Like To thank Jason F for all he has done for me and may GOD Help him.

don't expect to look under the hood and see 2000$ of chrome since I don't do chrome. I build a race car to go fast not to look good sure I would love to have a under hood car that looks like its out of Chip Foose work shop but it won't make my car go faster and to me its a waste of cash. And since I don't have any
spare cash, well this is what I have and this is what I will Run and I love it. I do I really do!

Frank, you have the right mindset. I loved reading that! You are definately a true Goat!

well here look at this yes I made a video , little things here and there to do but Im almost done.

here look at the vid had fun on the first drive. little things left to do but in 20 hours of work it should be 100% done, still waiting on wideband.

LOL, fantastic Frank!!!! You get in the car and hi haw just like the dukes of Hazard!!! Well done buddy. Let us know how it's gonna look after the last 20 hours of work. Are you going to need dy no tune of the computer?

Back