Bad Tune? AND Subbie rim Thread

EVOX09

Im sure not many people know much about evo x, but im gonna post this up here because im interested to see what the feedback is. I am going tomorrow morning to a local tuner to fix the problem anyways.

I just finished installing the following parts: Catted Turboback exhaust, upper intercooler piping, short ram intake, a boost pill with less restriction, AEM Synapse 100% recirculatory bpv, UEGO wideband gauge and a tune.

when the exhaust install was finished i went out to do some pulls and this is what happend:

(1st) 3rd gear pull from 3000 rpms: spiked 27.2 psi tapered down to 22 psi by redline, AFR @ WOT between 10.7 and 11.2 and 0.4 counts of knock. so it was looking good even though my boost was a little high.

(2nd) 3rd gear pull from 3000 rpms: spiked 28.5 psi @ 4500 rpms, AFR @ WOT beetween 10.7 and 11.2 again, this time with 0.7 counts of knock, however, the car immediately went into limp mode and threw a CEL for overboosting @ 4500 rpms

i pulled over and checked all my hoses, everything seems to be ok. i noticed my vacume tubes coming out of the bpv were a little soft and there is around 18psi of vacume according to the information i found, so im thinking this might be the problem as the vacume hoses might pinch under WOT. (i am no expert in this so i understand if this could be very wrong)

My other assumption is that if i remove the boost pill, replace it with teh stock one, and install my ebcs piggyback (perrin ebcs). The ecu might have better control over the boost. My reasoning is the tuner told me i could use the boost pill or the ecbs, however the ecbs would be his preference.

temperature outside for the pulls was 3 degrees celcius.

anyways thats all i can think of... I have no knock that i should worry about and my AFR is very safe, even a little rich:dunno:

Last edited:
Have u been near Jacklyn lately, if u have he prob sabotoged ur tune so he'd still be faster

still? lol, i dont remember him winning any races, i didnt win any either. ;P

even untuned he would have alot of trouble now:bigup:

dont forget the planes!

plane2b.jpg

This plane?

im having my tune re-worked tomorrow, the new tune should be peak just over 26 psi 4000-4500 rpms and taper down to 22 psi by 8000 rpms :)

ill do some runs in the afternoon

Back