Feature Article: The state of our roads is disgusting

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
Avec son climat météorologique exceptionnelle et unique, les Montréalais sont habitués aux conditions routières terrible presque toute l'année. Parfois, les conditions routières sont si pauvres que nous devons prendre un moment pour demander très clairement: "WTF". Nos impôts - où vont-ils? Combien d'étés de suite avez-vous besoin de réparer les ponts Champlain et Mercier? Comment peut-on laisser les infrastructures se détériorent tellement que des viaducs commencent à tomber? Pourquoi ce n'est pas le but principal de tous les politiciens provinciaux de régler ça?

J'ai pris cette photo du pont Mercier depuis l'été et je voulais le poster. Si vous le montre à un étranger il serait sans doute peur de rouler sur ce pont. Si la surface est si pauvre, la structure est-t'il mieux? N'hésitez pas à partager des autres photos de la détérioration des infrastructures de notre belle province.

==============================

With its freak weather and unique climate, Montrealers are accustomed to awful road conditions nearly all year round. Sometimes though, road conditions are so poor we need to take a moment to ask quite plainly: "WTF". Our tax dollars - where do they go? How many summers in a row do you need to repair the Champlain and Mercier bridges? How can the infrastructure deteriorate so much that overpasses begin to fall down? Why is this not the main goal of every provincial politician?

I took this photo of the Mercier bridge since the summer and wanted to post it. If you showed it to a foreigner they'd probably be scared to drive on this bridge. If the surface is so poor, can the structure be any better? Feel free to share any other pics of Quebec's crumbling infrastructure.

1210mercier.jpg

c'est pas juste a montréal, c'est partout au québec. même certaine route principale, ya des trou qui pourrait plier des pièces de suspension, des trou de facilement 3-4 pouce de creux. par contre, les sorties d'autoroutes qui sont encore comme neuves sont toute repavées cette année, WTF.

I hate living here. Sure Montreal is a great city and I love it... but just look at that picture. Bullshit.

I need to move the fuck outta here and start living the life. Everytime I go to Florida in the winter and I come back to MTL I asked myself: Why the hell do I live in this shithole????

I went to the US yesterday.

On my way there, very early in the morning (around 3-4AM), it was snowing and in Quebec, I saw about 3 snow plows at work on the highway. When I got on the US side, there were literally dozens.

On the way back, it had stopped snowing and the roads were back to normal. I could notice the nice, smooth pavement. Even within an hour of the US/QC border, they were in great condition.

Immediatly after crossing the border, I felt as if I was rolling on a railway track. Cracks, potholes and patches everywhere on the highway.

Now all of those people who blame the conditions of our roads on the fucking weather will need to explain why the US roads, 1km before, were PERFECT. Don't tell me it's 25 degrees warmer just 1 fucking km away. :squintfin

I heard in the news today that the Mercier bridge may get closed starting today because they realized the railling on the Montreal side was falling appart and would not prevent cars from going down... funny part is that the "native" side as been repaired.

Who has juridisction of the bridge?

c'est la Société des pont Jacques Cartier et Champlain qui a la juridiction des travaux ..

J'ai été travailler sur mercier cet été ( je suis technicien en controle qualité des matériaux )

Les coulée de béton sont faite toute croche ... Des jobs de trottoire dans le municipal sont plus conforme que les indiens qui travaille sur le pont

Les patch de béton ... faut pas capoter avec sa sont la juste pcq yavait pas asser de béton en dessous pour faire une patch en asphalte hahha c'est un trou en dessous et yont pas le choix de réparer sa avec du béton a prise rapide au latex ( genre sa prend en 15 min c'est débile )

anyway on va repaver toute la 540 avec les bretelle a la hauteur de vaudreuil l'année prochaine pour les interessé

forget the bridges the streets are completely f**ked and the worst part is they keep raising taxes and EVIDENTLY are raising government employee's salaries at the same time. The roads the bridges the sidewalks, healthcare... everything is screwed up and we keep dishing out money to pay these retards.. already that we are taxed half of our salary its still not enough, the city has to give contracts to the wrong people so they can build shitty ass streets so they can break down and get a new contract to fix it again because obviously if you BUILD a street the proper way instead of contineously patching it up it wont f**king break!

and by the way ^^ rocky i quote "je suis technicien en controle qualité des matériaux "... en controle de qualite des materieux ????? La qualitee? yen a po dla qualite dans votre metier parce que TOUT casse osti, sa leur prends 3 mois pour repaver une osti de route vien pas nous parler de qualitee..

forget the bridges the streets are completely fucked and the worst part is they keep raising taxes and EVIDENTLY are raising government employee's salaries at the same time. The roads the bridges the sidewalks, healthcare... everything is screwed up and we keep dishing out money to pay these retards.. already that we are taxed half of our salary its still not enough, the city has to give contracts to the mob so they can build shitty ass streets so they can break down and get a new contract to fix it again because obviously if you BUILD a street the proper way instead of contineously patching it up it wont fucking break!

It's a vicious circle that most people fail to realize. Which is why we're taken advantage of....

Maitre_absolut is one of these people.

Tell me about it, come take a ride in my cooper s with runflats and tell me how your back feels after

I accelerate and cross my fingers each time I drive under any overpass. When I get stuck under one because of traffic, I start worrying for my life.

9601.jpg

I heard in the news today that the Mercier bridge may get closed starting today because they realized the railling on the Montreal side was falling appart and would not prevent cars from going down... funny part is that the "native" side as been repaired.

Tu as mal compris car ce sont les poids lourds qui seront interdits sur le pont H Mercier.

Its not that bad on the south shore. MTL is the worst imo and according to my friend who works on the new turcot exchanger at Dessault. The 20, 30, 116 and 132 aren't that bad.

Back