News: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Debuts for North America

Broody, aside from the quality of the plastics, the 2011 Corolla is far beyond the previous generations. Much more room, quieter, more comfortable, great fit and finish (even if the plastics are too hard), great stereo, amazing fuel economy and a pretty low price, all things considered: for 15k CDN, you get a roomy sedan with traction control, stability control, ABS and 6 airbags.

The top line Corolla has a 2.4 liter engine, 4 wheel discs, leather, sunroof, awesome stereo, 17" wheels. :dunno:

well theres a toyota sign .. LOL

Toyota especially, has really cut in quality on the last corollas...
And the actual one is basically a 2002 corolla with a newish design.

Even with the 2.5 and leather, you still have the rear (solid?) beam and cheap quality palstics, poor fit and finish. Theses kinds of things can only lead us to think that the car will wear out faster and be less relaible (they have never been but well..).

Do you realise you've juste said that to one of a hell of a fanboy?Now he'll write us a complete paragraph to prove us VW is on top of the world. :/

I dunno for the 2011, but they don't have much more room (just slightly more), and aren't more comfy either (and they passed from fully independent suspension to torsion beam I think).

And I drove a 96 or so corolla (A/T) once and it was a bit noisy, but not that bad, and it was probably the tranny or the muffler, because I actually found a tercel (M/T) of the same year quieter, and also quieter than let say a 2010 Honda Fit. And fit and finish is fine on the new corolla, but not better than before, and plastics not only are hard but looks and feel cheap, compared to the ones in the older models (especially the pre 1998 ones). But yes, corolla are still a good value for money (cheaper than before to buy, and still fuel efficient and cheap to maintain). Only, I'd take a civic over it, since it's cheaper than before too, and even if the plastics are harder than before, fit and finish is better than ever.

My buddy as a 99-00 Corolla in mint shape and the 2011 is quieter, roomier, more comfortable, quicker, smoother, has better fuel economy, less emissions, safer and looks better.

IRS was never available on the Corolla. (not in the last 20 years anyways)

well theres a toyota sign .. LOL

I don't even know what that means.... :dunno:

Only, I'd take a civic over it, since it's cheaper than before too, and even if the plastics are harder than before, fit and finish is better than ever.

Wow, for once I've got to agree with you. My fiancé's father just bought a 2011 Corolla and it's really not impressing me. The quality of fit and finish is correct. The motor wasnt that impressive and I found my Fit to be more peppy. And the brake pedal...wtf, it was so weird. Room in the back is ok I guess, not much more than my SE-R which I already found to be small.

Anyway, between the 2, I'd also take a Civic. Last time I test drove a 2010 I was impressed with the quality of interior finish. Plastics werent as good as early gen's and it was sober but more pleasant than the Corolla. Motor was ok.

MK6 Golf/Jetta ==> Audi-like finish
MK7 Jetta ===>Civic-like finish

what the fuck happened in the process? cost cutting.
now that, I don't respect.

p.s. I love the MK5/MK6

The MK6 Jetta is the shitty one, the MK5 Jetta was the last nice one.

The weird thing is that the MK6 Golf, on the other hand looks damn good and the interior looks great as well. Fit and finish has always been something that VW took care of. I don't understand why they did that with the Jetta...

mk6_3.jpg

MK6 Golf/Jetta ==> Audi-like finish
MK7 Jetta ===>Civic-like finish

what the fuck happened in the process? cost cutting.
now that, I don't respect.

p.s. I love the MK5/MK6

it's more like

Audi>>>>MK6 Golf>MK5 Jetta/Rabbit>>Civic>>Hyundai Accent=MK6Jetta

that's the order, the more ">" the bigger the difference

just go to the dealer and get on a 2011 Golf and then in a 2011 Jetta, especially the base trendline. From a far they look similar. The closer you get, let alone when you actually touch and feel them the more you can see what a huge difference there actually is.

The weird thing is that the MK6 Golf, on the other hand looks damn good and the interior looks great as well. Fit and finish has always been something that VW took care of. I don't understand why they did that with the Jetta...

Because the Golf is for people who shop for a quality car, the Jetta is now for people who shop for the lowest price.

VW desperately wants to be #1 and they'll ruin their cars to do so.

My buddy as a 99-00 Corolla in mint shape and the 2011 is quieter, roomier, more comfortable, quicker, smoother, has better fuel economy, less emissions, safer and looks better.

IRS was never available on the Corolla. (not in the last 20 years anyways)

I don't even know what that means.... :dunno:

tu es dans les patates. les corolla 1993-2002 étaient tous IRS. le 1ZZ-FE ( 1.8L) n'est pas non plus une des meilleurs création de toyota, les premières génération ont tendance à pomper l'huile, les nouvelles génération, bien ça fait 3 tête de moteur sauter sur des modèle 2010-2011 qu'ils pognent au garage toyota où je fait un stage. des citrons ça se peut, mais 3 !!!

Back