Possible Cold Fusion out of Italy

250Rocket

They have supposedly invented a unit that produces about 10kw of power per hour. I post more as the story unfolds. Could be a publicity stunt just as likely it could be real.... we'll see. I'll keep this thread up to date.

Their names are Focardi and Rossi if you want to research it yourselves.

If this prove to be true, this invention/discovery will be of a major importance in the history of mankind.

Almost limitless and free energy would change everything, including the balance of power in the world.

If this prove to be true, this invention/discovery will be of a major importance in the history of mankind.

Almost limitless and free energy would change everything, including the balance of power in the world.

It would mean the beginning of world war 3, Whoever doesn't have it will want it, whoever wants it will fight for it. Whoever has it will probably want to keep it, unless they profit to by biblical proportion(probably trillions)

u guys FUCKING JELLY??

italy-world-cup-2006-home-jersey.jpg

Where is the update?? :/

Waiting for it myself. See the problem is they are currently worried because they're in the process of patenting it but they have released they've achieved it to a few colleagues for peer review.

Biggest mistake is patenting it. Should have made it open sourced for the good of humanity.

Here's a picture of the device. Honestly my first thought was looks like the meat spinners at shish taouk places covered in aluminum foil.

cold-fusion-Focardi-Rossi-apparatus1-594x445.jpg

Waiting for it myself. See the problem is they are currently worried because they're in the process of patenting it but they have released they've achieved it to a few colleagues for peer review.

Biggest mistake is patenting it. Should have made it open sourced for the good of humanity.

Here's a picture of the device. Honestly my first thought was looks like the meat spinners at shish taouk places covered in aluminum foil.

cold-fusion-Focardi-Rossi-apparatus1-594x445.jpg

WTF?!? Seems like an underground wharehouse in siberia... I always tought that nuclear experiments where done in a controlled environment! And also with some kind of shield to protect from the radiations?!

WTF?!? Seems like an underground wharehouse in siberia... I always tought that nuclear experiments where done in a controlled environment! And also with some kind of shield to protect from the radiations?!

:dunno: They claim the process to be very safe. Temperatures are around 100C and it's not like it's giving of radioactive particles.

I'm hoping to see this put to use. I'm scared this is 1) a fraud or 2) going to be locked up in a vault to collect dust after it gets patented and bought.

I'm scouring the net but very little is mentioned. I mean they're first public conference was 4 days ago, before that pretty much nobody knew. Might take until the end of the month for the story to gain traction.

:dunno: They claim the process to be very safe. Temperatures are around 100C and it's not like it's giving of radioactive particles.

I'm hoping to see this put to use. I'm scared this is 1) a fraud or 2) going to be locked up in a vault to collect dust after it gets patented and bought.

I'm scouring the net but very little is mentioned. I mean they're first public conference was 4 days ago, before that pretty much nobody knew. Might take until the end of the month for the story to gain traction.

It'll never see the light of day im afraid. As you said, the only way it would is the plans where given out freely.

I can already imagine the lobbying from both oil producing countries, companies and basically the oil industry.

If it's true though, and as "easy" as they make it seem on the video, it would only take a few days before an easy to follow how-to is produced on the web.

Maybe an instructable?

K, i have a friend who lives in italy, and he knows about this, apparently these two peeps have been saying the same thing since the 80's :\.

for those of you who speak italian: http://www.ecoblog.it/post/11875/fusione-a-freddo-i-video-dellesperimento-di-bologna

:( hopefully it's not just crying wolf. The fundamental problem I can see if it does work is it's not the end all, just the beginning. ATM it only produces thermal, not electrical power but even at that, think about giving a big :squintfin to Hydro (or oil companies) for even the coldest winter month. Cold fusion house heating.

Someone help me understand.

Energy cannot be created. It is only transformed.

If great amounts of energy would be created out of little matter, I wonder what kind of impact would occur in the planet's overal energy?

We already struggle with different kinds of emissions.

Someone help me understand.

Energy cannot be created. It is only transformed.

If great amounts of energy would be created out of little matter, I wonder what kind of impact would occur in the planet's overal energy?

Thats what a nuclear reactor does, except that it needs a huge infrastructure to maintain its pheasability :p.

Thats what a nuclear reactor does, except that it needs a huge infrastructure to maintain its pheasability :p.

Pretty much. All matter is dense energy. E=mc^2 is not some stupid equation. If you had a pinhead and were able to transform all mass into energy in a fraction of a second it'd make a nuke look like a firecracker. That's why they theorize anti matter is so dangerous.

Same can be said with gasoline. Put a bit of energy in and you get a huge reaction out. Cold fusion is not energy from nothing, it's advanced chemistry.

Back