For those who havent watched Evangelion or dont watch anime, sickest series inside.

darkestfenix

Just wanted to open eyes to this insane series. by far the best animations and action sequences ever drawn.

Just to show two scenes of Eva 2.0.

If you want to know the story, I recommend you watch 1.0 and then watch 2.0.

Bring the first video to 50 seconds and enjoy and the second can be played from the beginning but gets really sick after 2:00.

No subtitles for the first vid but subs are there for the second.

Last edited:
Can't see vid because of work firewall, but indeed one of the best animes out there.

If anyone thinks they're too old for cartoons, or anime is for geeks, they should definitely watch this one to get a second opinion.

I was away with the army and got plenty of people watching anime, including Evangelion, Kenshin, Those who Hunt Elves, Slayers and GTO

Unfortunately I dont stream, I just download torrents. So I wouldnt be able to answer your question.

To clarify as well:

There's the original 1995 series Neon Genesis Evangelion consisting of 26 episodes and 1 movie (The End of Evangelion).

What I've posted above is from the Rebuild of Evangelion which is a remake of the original series with new animation and modifications done to the story. Its written and directed by the original writer of the series.

Its 4 movies and only 2 have been released till now.

1) Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone
2) Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance

The videos I've posted are from 2.0

Nothing in the world compares to
I mean common Hip hop raping ninjas in the early days of japan?

Anyone have anything similar?
I remember also watching another one with a dude named Grave who was AMAZING. Some sort of dude that fought the yakuza undead!

Unfortunately I dont stream, I just download torrents. So I wouldnt be able to answer your question.

To clarify as well:

There's the original 1995 series Neon Genesis Evangelion consisting of 26 episodes and 1 movie (The End of Evangelion).

What I've posted above is from the Rebuild of Evangelion which is a remake of the original series with new animation and modifications done to the story. Its written and directed by the original writer of the series.

Its 4 movies and only 2 have been released till now.

1) Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone
2) Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance

The videos I've posted are from 2.0

Link to an english dub?
I think this is one not sure wacha think?

http://torrents.to/search/isohunt/evangelio

The original 1995 series with the movie in english dub:

http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/12014006/evangelion?tab=summary

Gonna take a while to download because everyone downloads the japanese with english sub (150 seed, 200 leech: which is here if ever you want it: http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/28236291/evangelion?tab=summary )

If you want to watch the remakes:

1) in english or japanese audio

http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/143217557/evangelion?tab=summary

The second was JUST released in english a few days ago so its gonna a few days/weeks for someone to upload a dubbed version.

Use VLC to play the videos.

back in 1995 my cousin was all over this, while I got stuck up with Mobile Suit Gundam, and Gundam Wing, Evangelion never really sparked my interest, but now it seems like a series way less childish, i guess, than the Gundam Franchise or at least the Gundam Wing, Endless Waltz series, how does this compare to Gundam?

dont know why still didnt watch evangeliion... :D about samourai champloo, i watched couple of episodes and stopped, maybe cause im watching other animes at the moment..

my older bro (40) also laughed at us (me and my other bro) cause we watch «cartoons», till i showed him Hajime no ippo (he trains box ^^ ) now he is stuck with it

back in 1995 my cousin was all over this, while I got stuck up with Mobile Suit Gundam, and Gundam Wing, Evangelion never really sparked my interest, but now it seems like a series way less childish, i guess, than the Gundam Franchise or at least the Gundam Wing, Endless Waltz series, how does this compare to Gundam?

I followed the gundam franchise as well (wing, endless waltz, seed) , but this series is far more mature in themes than gundam and less political. Definitely not for your average teen to fully enjoy passed the action scenes. Its more than jumping into a suit and driving a machine. These are living creatures with mechanical add-ons. They have souls of their own in other words although the mechanical aspect tries to supress it as much as it can. (its a more deep than that but thats the quick summary)

Characters have psychological issues, a lot of religious symbolism, apocalyptic themes, mature ideas. Its a series that really makes you think. I'm not gonna lie, sometimes its very confusing if you wanna think passed what you see. Had to do a lot of online reading to fill the gaps of information thats hidden away from us or subtly given in the series. Although if your smart you make most of the connections and understand the series, some info is totally not present and that you have to interpret/guess yourself.

dont know why still didnt watch evangeliion... :D about samourai champloo, i watched couple of episodes and stopped, maybe cause im watching other animes at the moment..

my older bro (40) also laughed at us (me and my other bro) cause we watch «cartoons», till i showed him Hajime no ippo (he trains box ^^ ) now he is stuck with it

Theres sooooooooooooooooooooo many types/stories/themes of anime available that ANYONE can find something they can easily get addicted to and REALLY enjoy.

its a shame a lot of people are missing out on some of the best stuff available because of they think its "cartoons" and theres nothing adults can enjoy.

I've seen the 26 episode of the first OAV twice and still, I was very, very disappointed. I mean, how can you end this series like they did. The story behind him and his father, Adam, End of world ect... was so intense, and then they shut the anime and people like me were stuck with this bittersweet ending. I know they got further into the story with the 2 movies but... Man I regret watching the first 26 episodes. I'll stick to manga, for now I've never been disappointed with them.

it depends. Most is covered. Subtly however but thought must be given. The story is fucked up but it really is an end. (even if its bittersweet)

Did you know that both Adam and Lilith had lances but Lilith's was lost when she ACCIDENTLY crash landed on earth? (Which is the First Impact)
Did you know that Adam and Lilith are not supposed to be on the same planet at the same time?

very fucked up what you can find out with stuff they havent released here in N/A. A lot of info was given out in the Evangelion 2 PS2 game which covers all the mysteries that the writer/director didnt cover in the series, but he did in the game.

http://wiki.evageeks.org/Classified_Information_(Translation)

I'm not gonna lie when I say I have no idea what the manga covers because I dont follow it, since the manga is based on the animated series and not the other way around like most series.

Last edited:
Back