Revolution in Egypt - Military imposes Martial Law & Curfew

des tirs de feu entendu, 1 mort et une dizaine de blessés dit aLjazeera la maintenant ...les protestant appellent larmee pour de laide et sans reponse ...

5 dead, government police are shooting on protesters and army is doing nothing to stop it.

this is why USA has the 2nd amendment.

je penses que cela va leur couter des dizaines de milliers de morts pour vraiment finir avec ce systeme

mais quesqu elle a encor elle ?

http://www.philly.com/philly/wires/...clintoncriticaltimeforamericanleadership.html

WASHINGTON - Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton stressed the need for stronger U.S. diplomacy in global hot spots, saying Wednesday the recent developments in Egypt and the Middle East demonstrate the critical need for America's global leadership.

Speaking to an audience of nearly every American ambassador, Clinton referred to the unrest gripping the Arab world in emphasizing the importance of U.S. "civilian power." She said U.S. diplomacy needed to be more nimble, innovative and accountable than ever before.

"What's going on today , recent events in Egypt and certainly in that broader region , remind us all how crucial it is to have top-notch leadership on the ground and how quickly the ground can shift under our feet," Clinton told the gathering of diplomats at the State Department.

Clinton said officials would have to accept that positions and resources would need to be shifted to where they are needed most, from the fragile states of Afghanistan and Iraq to Pakistan, where she said the volume of false claims about the United States makes responding difficult.

Referring to the release of confidential U.S. diplomatic cables by the WikiLeaks website, Clinton said ambassadors needed to adapt to a "fast-changing world" that includes theft, protests and technological developments that have the capacity to change the lives of millions of people.

"We are all in unchartered territory," Clinton said.

She urged ambassadors to embrace the potential of Facebook, Twitter and other forums to better project the American message to people around the world.

"Social media . is going to change things and if we are not on top of it and driving the message and responding to it as effectively as we can, we are going to be left behind," Clinton said.

I didnt think this was a big deal at first but I have the hairs on my neck rising as I watch this happen live......Simply crazy.

First Tunisia, now egypt, heard Syria and Jordan also have been having their own problems.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/interna...-300-reported-dead-in-egypt-protests-1.340583

300 reported dead in Egypt protests

The U.N. human rights chief said on Tuesday she had unconfirmed reports that up to 300 people may have been killed and over 3,000 injured in the unrest that has engulfed Egypt for the past week.

The U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights, Navi Pillay, was appalled by reported death toll and injury count, saying, “I urge the Egyptian authorities to ensure police and other security forces scrupulously avoid excessive use of force.”

Pillay urged investigations into the role of security forces during the violence and their sudden disappearance from the streets of Cairo, leaving what she described as a “security vacuum.”

Tout va finir par s'arranger....

darwin-5-sm.gif

;)

LOL, agreed.

I just find it retarded that people are so dumb in "protest". If you're going to protest come prepared. I mean you don't have to use them, but it's better to have and not need than to need and not have.

1) Molotovs. Do not leave home without them. They could have all the gear they want, they're never impervious to fire. It creates a sense of fear especially if one of theirs goes down by one.

2) Nails or nail boards for vehicles immobilization. Stand in front (for assured results) or don't even need to, place them where they will be run over and wham they now have a useless metal cage. If the vehicle can still be used stationary set it on fire.

3) Personal armor. You might look stupid but anything that will give you protection, wear it. Motorcycle helmet, jock strap, heavy gloves. Anything to help soften the blow of a melee weapon, bean bag/rubber bullets and general bodily harm.

Last thing is strategy. Stand together or fall alone even if you are a group of 10 if you collectively work together you're going to be that much more effective. Most of the time it's just a mob with a general collective goal but no real teamwork.

I'm sure you've been in many protests/riots

Back