Discrete math...

achicoute

Banned
I did cal 1 cal 2 and differential equations, i did Stats too, vectorial and matrices....I got As in all of them...

Now Discrete Math is another game...
who survived it and how did you manage to understand everything? any tips?

I did cal 1 cal 2 and differential equations, i did Stats too, vectorial and matrices....I got As in all of them...

Now Discrete Math is another game...
who survived it and how did you manage to understand everything? any tips?

discrete math? Please elaborate, I might have taken it but under a slightly different name.

Are you talking about subsets, Venn Diagrams and things like "If P then Q"

My friend did it first year electrical engineering... everyone failed the midterm lol.

Then yes i must have taken it. Came out with a "B". Teachers homework swear to God, "drink lots", that teacher was amazing.

Then yes i must have taken it. Came out with a "B". Teachers homework swear to God, "drink lots", that teacher was amazing.

no...its algorithm design and analysis, modular arithmetics, RSA encryption/decryption, number theories....TONS of theorems , logic presentation... big o some crazy shit

c'est pas si pire... faut pas exagérer a dire que tout le monde coule... franchement
moi je l'ai fait, j'ai eu A- et 3 de mes amis ont eu A+ ....
sa dépend aussi du prof que tu as... j'ai trouvé ce cours la plus facile que équations différentielles... (pas calcul dif)

My friend did it first year electrical engineering... everyone failed the midterm lol.

I am not surprised...we just got our last homework back, 5 questions in a team of 6!!! we got 45 out of 50...the average was27 out of 50...

c'est pas si pire... faut pas exagérer a dire que tout le monde coule... franchement
moi je l'ai fait, j'ai eu A- et 3 de mes amis ont eu A+ ....
sa dépend aussi du prof que tu as... j'ai trouvé ce cours la plus facile que équations différentielles... (pas calcul dif)

ou as-tu pris le cours? et équations différentielles, je suis jamais allé aux cours et j'ai eu A à l'ÉTS, jai toute des A dans tous mes cours de sciences, mais la math discrete, ca me fait suer..

ou as-tu pris le cours? et équations différentielles, je suis jamais allé aux cours et j'ai eu A à l'ÉTS, jai toute des A dans tous mes cours de sciences, mais la math discrete, ca me fait suer..

Tu étudies en quoi? j'ai fini toutes mes math à l'ETS et je suis content de pas avoir eu ce cours lol!

Is it COEN 231? If it is I took that

that`s just an intro...

Concordia? What department?

Yeah that's the one I took but like 3 years ago going on 4.

They could have changed the course over the span of 6 semesters :dunno:

All I remember is it was heavy logic very little calculator work.

Teacher use to ask shit like if you have 400 random people in the next room what can you ABSOLUTELY conclude.

Answer, which I was the one who got it (highlight): Atleast two of them share the same birthday.

Concordia? What department?

Yeah that's the one I took but like 3 years ago going on 4.

They could have changed the course over the span of 6 semesters :dunno:

All I remember is it was heavy logic very little calculator work.

Teacher use to ask shit like if you have 400 random people in the next room what can you ABSOLUTELY conclude.

Answer, which I was the one who got it (highlight): Atleast two of them share the same birthday.

yeah except that`s an intro...

im in engineering and most of the guys in my class have A in Discrete math courses because theyre fricking geniuses and they did "sciences pure" at cegep and shits. I have a DEC in electrical engineering système ordiné and let me tell u math discrete is a PITA for me at university. But then again, here in sherbrooke, we dont have teachers we learn everything by ourselves for 2 weeks and get raped by a sommative of 4 hrs every friday afternoon bi-weekly.. If I had standard courses like u guys i would probly have better marks

A l'ets moi aussi... MAT415 que j'ai fait... Avec stephane lafrance... Moi c'est le contraire, mat265 jai etudier en masse et jai fini avec B+, discrte jai presque rien fait (jai pas acheter le livre) et je comprenais et j'ai eu A-...

Chacun ses forces on dirait

It's the kind of thing that you need to rearrange your brain to understand. Keep working at it, it will eventually click you'll just get it. I had something like 30% on the first midterm, just locked myself in a room with the book for a week and it started making sense. And the book was awful so.. maybe there are better books now.

Back