Someone finally woke up

so many dumbasses in this thread. I can't believe it. One day if our country goes to war I hope those soldiers that you don't respect don't protect you. It's one thing to not support the war and I respect that but to not support and respect the soldiers is plain stupid.

If we have a war in our country it is because we have our troops in another country.

It would be the same thing just reverse, the other countries propoganda will make them hate us and wanna kill us and do so and then when we fight back they will call us terrorists

ive said this from day one of this "WAR" if another countries troops were in canada lets say, you really think we wouldnt defend our country. look at egypt, something that really matters and wheres the army to back the right people, its all for personal gain

so many dumbasses in this thread. I can't believe it. One day if our country goes to war I hope those soldiers that you don't respect don't protect you. It's one thing to not support the war and I respect that but to not support and respect the soldiers is plain stupid.

Protect me from what the bogeyman that was created by the people in power?

I don't respect the soldiers because they perpetuate the war I hugely disagree with. You even said it, your brother does it for the money. Why not go to Alaska on a crab boat, that's some serious money....same-ish chance of getting killed.

It's weak to say I cannot afford to have another job so I signed up to the military and am following orders even if I do not agree with them. All important jobs have an oath. Engineers, doctors and at least american soldiers have oaths to uphold what is right. By waging war in Iraq they are breaking that very oath they swore to. Why should I have respect for that?

well most americans are stupid hick rednecks that are braindead followers to the crooked government that leads them to eventually into their own demise

well most americans are stupid hick rednecks that are braindead followers to the crooked government that leads them to eventually into their own demise

That's another issue all in itself.

Now in the 21st century it's become the Sheeple's republic of USA.

It's sad to see that many who are left to wander in stupidity left behind purposly because they're easy to flock.. Actually I'm going down to the states in a week, I'm going to make an MR edition of Talking to Americans :bigup:

That's another issue all in itself.

Now in the 21st century it's become the Sheeple's republic of USA.

It's sad to see that many who are left to wander in stupidity left behind purposly because they're easy to flock.. Actually I'm going down to the states in a week, I'm going to make an MR edition of Talking to Americans :bigup:

Do it , like the rick mercer report that shit is awesome.

"The owners of this country know the truth: Its called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."

feels good when you know that some people are aware of what happening in this world ...

respect for soldier when they stay in their country and fight if there is war in it ...not in invading other countries and all the sh*t that comes with it ...

feels good when you know that some people are aware of what happening in this world ...

respect for soldier when they stay in their country and fight if there is war in it ...not in invading other countries and all the sh*t that comes with it ...

exactly

Some pretty ignorant comments in this thread and that is very disappointing. First of all confusion between Americans and the Canadians and where we are fighting. Canada is in Afghanistan, America is in both Afghanistan and Iraq. Don't mix the two up because it makes you look stupid.

Second of all you are allowed to disagree with anything and hate anyone you want because you live in Canada. Not everyone has this luxury. If you were born in Syria for example and starting talking shit about President Bashar al-Assad, you would be thrown in jail and beaten.

People join the army because they believe their country to be on the right side of the fight morally. This is independent from the strategic widsom of the war. For example, it was a strategic and political error for the USA to invade Iraq because they didn't have WMD. Even if the purpose was just to depose of a dictator more death was caused then would otherwise have occurred likely which makes it a bad decision. For the soldiers themselves, however, their orders remain on the right side of the moral spectrum: "Go there, stop people from killing each other and set up a democracy then leave". For an individual soldier, those orders are lawful and moral. Don't mix up the two please and don't hate people who have confidence in their government and are willing to endure huge personal sacrifice for their country for the benefit of less fortunate people. Canada's mission in Afghanistan is trying to prevent a repressive regime from taking hold again. Another noble mission for the soldiers but one could also question the strategic wisdom of us being there which is fine.

Just in the general population, there are bad people in the army and they do bad things (like Abu Ghraib). These people are sought out and punished.

I understand what you mean but i also understand that the USA is also one of the most corrupted governments right now and think they own the world. Their populace is so brainwashed to follow wtv they command and its not right. You always hear how 1 soldier died today, what about the other 4 entire innocent families that died, no one ever talks about them

As a member of the Canadian Forces, I am quite disgusted by this thread. Some of you need to take a little spin through Afghanistan to see what's really going on.

Why are we there? because of a terrorist attack that was staged by the american government? I have no beef with the canadian forces, we are actually there to maintain peace as always which i have the highest respect for. its the americans im really talking about

the difference is that wwII would have affected us immensly, hence why its called the WOLRD WAR

Back