HTT Pléthore on CBC Dragon's Den...

there have to be like 35 coats of different color paint on that thing. tell me they have more than one plethore because that's a lot of work to do every month in the booth..

the million bucks they got should cover their monthly new color costs.

Another funny thing was when the 2 clown were talking backstage and one said : we could give'em 30 %....... That's how to devaluate a company by 2.5 million in a few words.....

Do you guys think the Plethore will pass the crash test requirement and emissions?

Because at this point, it is not a kit car, and will need to be registered in Canada...

So they need to built at least 5 of them now - 3 for the guys, 2 to smash to hell...

I wonder if they thought about that in their business model?

Do you guys think the Plethore will pass the crash test requirement and emissions?

Because at this point, it is not a kit car, and will need to be registered in Canada...

So they need to built at least 5 of them now - 3 for the guys, 2 to smash to hell...

I wonder if they thought about that in their business model?

It's gonna be a very rough road, that's for sure.
Even the QC company that makes the Nemo didn't want to give their cars to test because they knew they weren't ready, and they had already sold like 30 of them lol.

They should have just taken a Factory Five approach to the whole thing and things probably would have been smoother.

anyone know where i can watch the show? and what is "due diligence"?

Due diligence means that the investors will analyze the company's assets and have their guys evaluate weather or not the things that the owners claimed are in fact true. (are they really debt free? do they really have 6-7 cars already sold? does it really do 0-60 under 3 seconds? etc)

If they lied or omitted to mention some important flaw or issue they have run into, the deal will be off.

Honestly, good on them for getting 2 dragons on board but I think that the deal will crumble once Robert and Brett have their guys look at the numbers and find out that the company might not be all they said they were...

The deal will be off when they take off the fancy engine cover and see this:

htt-plethore-lc-750-8_1280x0w.jpg

L'histoire du 8 pouces, c'est pas 8 pouces mais 8 CM... Mais ca fait pas sérieux disont. Et les seules tests en "Soufflerie" (si on peut appeller ca ainsi) ont été fait avec un modèle 3d de l'auto avec un Logiciel, CREAFORM3D si je me trompe pas (pas certain du nom). Le Logiciel a été concluent et l'auto a un bon Coefficient au vent. Mais on s'entend que ca reste un logiciel...

Bien content pour eux pour les investisseurs. Ils ont aussi déjà eu 1.5 millions du Gouvernement en subvention, alors on peut dire que dans chaque Plethore il y a une partie de nous :bigup:
J'ai pas vu l'émission mais selon ce que j'ai pu comprendre, je trouve ca cheap que Luc Chartrand ne se soit pas présenté, parce que le LC dans Plethore LC-750 c'est pour Luc Chartrand

One thing is for sure, HTT standing for high tech toys is the cheezy-est car manufacturer name ever...thought that the dragons where going to bring that up!

I hope it works out for them.
It's a wicked looking car.
it's been 5+ years I've been hearing about this car
it was on mr.com a long time ago ...

the engine looks a bit farmer style.
they should drop in crate engines for these types of vehicles, then tune the car to whatever spec they want.

positive vibe from me to them

I hope it works out for them.
It's a wicked looking car.
it's been 5+ years I've been hearing about this car
it was on mr.com a long time ago ...

the engine looks a bit farmer style.
they should drop in crate engines for these types of vehicles, then tune the car to whatever spec they want.

positive vibe from me to them

En fait c'est déjà le 6,1L standard dans la corvette ZR1 qui tune jusqu'à 1300hp selon leur dires, manque seulement un peu de finition...

What I don't like about this car is that the best supercar brands have dedicated TEAMS of engineers, designers and test pilots working relentlessly to tune the suspension, chassis, drivetrain and aerodynamics of the car.

This just looks like a couple of car enthousiast's little hobby...I just can't take it seriously.

And honestly, what's 1.5 million going to do to design a supercar? I don't know exactly how much it costs to design a lambo or ferrari, but I'm sure that 1.5M is not even half of the R&D spent on the front suspension alone.

What I don't like about this car is that the best supercar brands have dedicated TEAMS of engineers, designers and test pilots working relentlessly to tune the suspension, chassis, drivetrain and aerodynamics of the car.

This just looks like a couple of car enthousiast's little hobby...I just can't take it seriously.

And honestly, what's 1.5 million going to do to design a supercar? I don't know exactly how much it costs to design a lambo or ferrari, but I'm sure that 1.5M is not even half of the R&D spent on the front suspension alone.

Ain't that the truth ^^ -

Taken from Lexus SC400 Wikipedia -

"The SC 400 débuted on June 1, 1991 in the United States as a 1992 model. The SC 400's 4.0 L V8 1UZ-FE, the same engine as used in the LS 400, was reported to have cost over US$400,000,000 in research and development.[3] The SC 400 was honored as the Motor Trend Import Car of the Year for 1992. It also made Car and Driver magazine's Ten Best list for 1992 through 1998."

I don't know if that's a typo on the $$$$ but holy fuck is that a lot of money.

I'll say this - The Body looks incredible, The design has WOW factor, I saw the car on Dragon's Den and I had the same reaction as the dragon's "Ohh shit that's a sexy car!"

But if it's true that it has no specific engine then it's still in extremely early stage development. Unless that's changed since the show filmed - They said the fucker does quicker than 2.8sec 0-60mph? I don't believe it.

Back