PROJECT VR6 install Supercharger M90 thunderbird With Video

stroker6pack

PROJECT VR6 Supercharged M90 Eaton NEW LOOK Intercooled

I know lots of guys install turbos on there VR6, but I like to be a little different, and I'm also on a budget$$$

I have found pictures of 3 different set ups for my project, I have not yet decided which one it will be??

Here is a picture of my engine bay now.

passat025.jpg

Here are the 3 M90 supercharger set ups I found.
cid_000701cb45a2102882e06901a8c0YOURA96575A738.jpg

PICT0003.jpg

This one is my favorate for now, but without the intercooler.

7-27-06engineshot1-1.jpg

I started porting & polishing gasket match a spare head I had, seats & valves redone with 30 degree back cut.

partsforsale003.jpg

partsforsale006.jpg

partsforsale005.jpg

partsforsale002.jpg

partsforsale004.jpg

partsforsale001.jpg

The final finish when polished
partsforsale007.jpg

Here are pictures of my supercharger
superchargerproject002.jpg

superchargerproject003.jpg

More to come.....

Last edited:
Here is the Supercharger taken apart, cleaned , porting and polish.

superchargerproject004.jpg

superchargerproject005.jpg

superchargerproject008.jpg

superchargerproject010.jpg

superchargerproject012.jpg

superchargerproject014.jpg

You can see the difference on the rotors when polished with Mothers

superchargerproject021.jpg

superchargerproject022.jpg

superchargerproject027.jpg

superchargerproject031.jpg

This is the before and after of the outlet port

superchargerproject009.jpg

superchargerproject028.jpg

superchargerproject030.jpg

Last edited:
shit god dam, nice work man going to be sick , n unique ( .Y . )
u bought the injectors, maf off me by the way.

Look sick man! And you're on the right track keep it up, its not about the money nor the hp... in the end its built not bought :D

*oh and rep just cause ive never seen the inside of a sc b4

shit god dam, nice work man going to be sick , n unique ( .Y . )
u bought the injectors, maf off me by the way.

Hey 2.0ljet, sure I remember you, thanks again for the parts, there will be more pics to come and more porting.
Very time consuming but worth it.

Do you do bodywork??

Last edited:
Here are pictures of the Ford inlet and VR6 intake cut up and welded together for the throttle body.

DSCF0862.jpg

DSCF0863.jpg

DSCF0886.jpg

DSCF0883.jpg

DSCF0887.jpg

tbodymount1.jpg

Last edited:
This is what it looks like after the supercharger inlet has been ported and polished.....

BEFORE
superchargerproject015.jpg

AFTER
superchargerproject025.jpg

superchargerproject024.jpg

superchargerproject023.jpg

Supercharger all cleaned, painted and almost ready to be put on!!!

superchargerproject032.jpg

superchargerproject033.jpg

Last edited:
How much does the blower weigh??? and you much HP does it use to run???

I'm not sure how much the blower wiegh, I'll try to weight it one day and let you know, but there is also a metal bracket a have that goes on the exhaust manifolds for the blower to sit on.
HP to run it???? Maybe as much as any other supercharger because it's belt driven, not sure sorry.

Here is a picture what the supercharger bracket looks like.

DSCF1193.jpg

I'm not sure how much the blower wiegh, I'll try to weight it one day and let you know, but there is also a metal bracket a have that goes on the exhaust manifolds for the blower to sit on.
HP to run it???? Maybe as much as any other supercharger because it's belt driven, not sure sorry.

All chargers are belt driven. Its all relative to the size of the pulley and how much air the unit can move. I've never seen a roots on a VR6 so I have nothing to compare it to.

Great idea!
Once I'm on here from a regular computer I'll find you some pics, maybe some links as well, on what I did with my old m90. Yours looks nice, but there's some easy ways to make it flow more, and be more reliable. Do me a favor and pm me so I don't forget to find you that info. Meantime hold off on making it look nice inside, since you may be chopping out some parts, and changing others.
Do yourself a service as well, go on clubgp.com and search around for m90 gen1 and gen2 mods/service.
Some mustang clubs may have good info as well, I think the cobras came with m112s, which are similar, just bigger.

Last edited:
How much does the blower weigh??? and you much HP does it use to run???

Although I don't have mine anymore to say forsure, but I seem to recall it not being too heavy, would estimate 30 lbs. Power to run it, good call, not many ppl estimate for that! When using these on the GM 3.8s, i think it was about 40hp at maybe 5k engine speed, on smaller 3.4 - 3.2 pulleys as well.
Additionally, you'll need to refub this huffer before popping it in, estimate for
New bearings all around, possibly new seals, but most importantly a new snout coupler.

Last edited:
M90 supercharger

Great idea!
Once I'm on here from a regular computer I'll find you some pics, maybe some links as well, on what I did with my old m90. Yours looks nice, but there's some easy ways to make it flow more, and be more reliable. Do me a favor and pm me so I don't forget to find you that info. Meantime hold off on making it look nice inside, since you may be chopping out some parts, and changing others.
Do yourself a service as well, go on clubgp.com and search around for m90 gen1 and gen2 mods/service.
Some mustang clubs may have good info as well, I think the cobras came with m112s, which are similar, just bigger.

I did a lot of research before starting, It is very hard to find other info or pics on Supercharger porting. I did what I think was good and on what info & pics I found on the net.
The next best thing to do on mine is to replace the rotor pack with a Gen-3 GM which have a epoxy coating on them. But I will wait to try the set up first and make sure all is good, then we'll see...

I removed me head on the VR and noticed the chain guides worn out, in my opinion the chains don't get loose, it's only the guides that are bad or break, so down came the tranny to replace the chains & guides.

superchargerproject039.jpg

superchargerproject040.jpg

projectsupercharger008-1.jpg

projectsupercharger007-1.jpg

projectsupercharger006-1.jpg

projectsupercharger005-1.jpg

Back