Got a scammer to admit it...

Guygeo

Funny...

'm looking for an 84-89 911, so I responded to an ad in auto trader. Countless red flags, but figured it was worth an email:

Scammer:

Hello and sorry for the delay,
I am very glad that you interested in buying my car(1987 Porshe 911 Turbo).I am selling this vehicle because my platoon has been sent back to Afghanistan and I don't want it get old in my backyard. The price is low because I need to sell it before March 10th. It has no damage, no scratches or dents, no hidden defects. It is in immaculate condition, meticulously maintained and hasn't been involved in any accident..I do have the title, clear, under my name. It is still available for sale if interested, price as stated in the ad $11,000. The car is in Bismarck, ND, in case it gets sold I will take care of shipping. Let me know, if you are interested, email back.Please check out the link in the subject,PayPal has a service which I believe is perfect for us.

Here is the information:

Engine: 6 Cyl
Trans: Manual
Fuel: Gasoline
Color: Black
Interior: Beige
Miles: 29,847

Check out this link for more pictures:

ImageShack(TM) slideshow

Sincerely,
Lt. Carl Quarnst

--------

Me:

When can I come and see the car in person?

----------

Him:

Because it is a large transaction we will complete the deal only using an authorized third party like PayPal, using their PayPal Vehicle Purchase Protection(again please visit the link in the subject). The payment will be handled by PayPal and you will benefit of 7 days inspection time period and the option to accept or reject the car on my expense. The payment is going to be send to one of PayPal agent, funds will be placed on hold until you receive and inspect the car. In case you don't like the vehicle(is not our situation) you will ship it back at my cost and receive a full refund from PayPal employee. Payment will be released to me only with your approval...If you are still interested just send me your full name, shipping address and phone number. I will forward your info and they will notify you about our deal.

Sincerely,
Lt. Carl Quarnst

-------

Me:

I can't use Paypal - I've been banned from them, my entire IP address, as well as the one at work. Long story, and I'm not at liberty to speak about it, under threat of death from the FBI. So I need to pay in cash, in person. How's tomorrow afternoon? I'm in a bit of a rush, because I'm getting married on the weekend, and need some hot wheels for the pictures!

------

Him, the admission:

)=))) man , ok...You don't deserve to be scammed(the add was fake). Good luck with you marriage.

-------

Me:

It was obvious from your first email. What part of Nigeria are you in?

--------

Him:

I am in Europe. You have problems with the law?

--------

Me:

No, I rather am the law - RCMP, internet fraud division. It's quite likely your phone will ring in the next 10 minutes.

-------

Back