Lobster...

achicoute, if you're that concerned with lobsters' suffering when being boiled, here's some info.

Aside from the "crustaceans don't feel pain" theory, and the fact that it takes about 15 seconds for a lobster to lose brain activity in a boiling pot, you can do this:

place the lobster in it's head (perpindicular to the table) "massage" its head in an up and down motion for about a minute... the lobster will fall asleep. When it does, stab it in the head with a chef knife. instant death.

then throw it in your pot.

ok now I know you're just trolling.

you had me going for a bit.. gj.

WOW maybe you should start your own lobster cie called ARNOLD'S LOBSTER, LOBSTER ON SROIDS, 10 lbs +!!! real smart , what's your level of education? Calling others stupid...

achicoute, if you're that concerned with lobsters' suffering when being boiled, here's some info.

Aside from the "crustaceans don't feel pain" theory, and the fact that it takes about 15 seconds for a lobster to lose brain activity in a boiling pot, you can do this:

place the lobster in it's head (perpindicular to the table) "massage" its head in an up and down motion for about a minute... the lobster will fall asleep. When it does, stab it in the head with a chef knife. instant death.

then throw it in your pot.

YEs i`m all in for that solution, never said the contrary

massage its "head" in an up and down motion for about a minute... the lobster will fall asleep.

In a stroking fashion? Should I use melted butter for a more painless relief? It's that also how the make lobster bisque??

Do you use the stick method if it's a female?

Fishes arent supposed to feel pain. Take a needle and see what happens when you just TRY to push the pin inside the fish...as soon as you apply pressure the fish starts to freak out.... Same thing with worms who arent supposed to feel anything. I tried many times after people told me they dont feel anything... well...if they dont... THEY ARE GREAT ACTORS!

George_Clooney_laughing.jpg

Insects don't have solid muscles, like vertibrate animals, that contract and pull on tendons that pull on bones to make them move. Instead their muscles are fluid encased in their exoskeleton. They move by means of hydrolics, where fluid is moved from chamber to chamber causing limbs to straighten out at high presssure and fold at low pressure. This fluid is what you see smeared across your windsheild when bugs hit.

Read more: What kind of muscles do insects have? | Answerbag http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/33302#ixzz1GyHtGcLc

Did you drop out of high school before biology class?

a worm doesn't have the nervous system to feel pain..

they squirm because that's their body's reaction to the stimuli.. it's not because they are suffering.

"Yes, all animals can feel pain to a degree, even primitive ones like jellyfish. Perception of pain is an important survival tool - it's vital an animal knows when it's being harmed, so that it can do something about it - and as such it evolved early in the history of life. Invertebrates like worms do not experience pain exactly the same way we vertebrates do, due to the differences in their nervous systems, but they definitely feel it. Good for you for standing up for a defenceless animal.
Source(s):
I used to be a zookeeper and have studied animals all my life."

win.

why you put a god into this? no more answers?

I think its a basic fact that you have to feel pain to some extent or else you wouldnt care about life AT ALL and never defend yourself.

Back