News: Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe Revealed

2NDGENTEG

Legacy Member
2012c63amgcoupe4a.jpg

Following hot on the heels of the C-Class Coupe, Mercedes' AMG division has revealed a high-performance version of the car. The C63 AMG Coupe gets the same 6.2-liter V8 borrowed from the sedan, making 451-hp and a serious 443 lb-ft of torque. Combined with a 7-speed Speedshift MCT transmission, this newest Benz can hit 60 mph in just 4.4 seconds.

But if you've got an AMG-type personality, then the AMG Performance package is the way to go with a modified engine that delivers 481-hp. Other upgrades include even more capable AMG brakes (painted red), a carbon fiber trunk lid spoiler, and an AMG steering wheel coated in Alcantara. AMG Performance Package equipped models shave a tenth of a second off to 60 mph, and raise the top speed from 155-mph to 174.

All models get a wider track with a more aggressive aero package, an upgraded suspension package, more direct steering, plus big 18-inch alloy wheels coated in 235/40/18 tires up front and 255/35/18 tires in the rear.

Keeping those tires gripped to the road should be a challenge, and making smokey burnouts all the more easy to achieve is a three-stage Electronic Stability Program that can be shut completely off.
Get more: Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe at AutoGuide.com

2012c63amgcoupe26.jpg

2012c63amgcoupe17.jpg

http://www.turbo.fr/actualite-automobile/405692-nouveaute-mercedes-c63-amg-coupe/
Après le Mercedes Classe C Coupé à l'occasion du Salon de Genève, Mercedes en dévoile la déclinaison sportive baptisée C63 AMG.
Si la berline dont le restylage fut présenté au Salon de Detroit en début d'année, a déjà eu le droit à sa déclinaison AMG sur les bords du Léman, on attendait de voir à quoi ressemblerait ce coupé inédit une fois passée entre les mains du préparateur maison AMG.

Dotée d'un V8 6.2 de 457 ch, ce nouveau C63 AMG imprésionne par son couple qui avec 600 Nm dépasse allègrement les 400 Nm d'une BMW M3 ou les 430 Nm de l'Audi RS5. Voilà la concurrence allemande premium prévenue.

i'll take the pre-facelifted sedan, thank you very much.
the coupe looks very feminine

Looks very nice..
Although i still prefer the sedan. Also this coupe is a bit too "round" for me. I like the square aggressive look of the current sedan.

wtf, no 5.5 Twin Turbo... that's a fail.

I prefer the sedan to, the C serie shouldn't be Coupe. they're still trying to bring back the CLC...

sedan thank you and im taking the older model looked way more agressive with those big fog lights on the bottom

The sedan is nicer but i prefer the new front end and interior...that's for sure.

wtf, no 5.5 Twin Turbo... that's a fail.

I prefer the sedan to, the C serie shouldn't be Coupe. they're still trying to bring back the CLC...

they needed the coupe to compete with the M3.

Is 480hp not enough??? do they need turbos...really?????

2012-mercedes-benz-c63-amg-sedan-front-angle-view.jpg

Back