Shift 2 unleashed PS3 !

Mathiew

Legacy Member
J'ai la bête depuis ce matin et ouff après un peu d adaptation ye fou raide pile au milieu entre vrai simu et arcade mais plusieurs options de jeu donc idéal pour tous ! Ceux qui l on sur PS3. Mon gametag est zunix !

Super damages probably the best to date in a racing game are close to forza3 if not better I think we have 120 cars or More the feel is incredibly awsome with the G25 !

Shift 2 doesnt care about how you feel. Spun out on the last corner? Not cornering quite right? Smashed into the car in front? You lose, friend. If you cant keep up and adapt with the race then it will chew you up, spit you out, and laugh as you curl into the foetal position clutching a copy of Mario Kart, while sobbing quietly.

This is a long way from the old Need for Speed games. The original arcade style is long gone, the neon lights and spoilers of Underground are put to one side - Shift 2 is a continuation of the not-super-serious racing sim (more GRID than iRacing). Authenticity is key, with a keen eye on track discipline and a combination of the art and science of driving cars very fast around a track.
shift2-unleashed-review-5-614x250.jpg

shift2-unleashed-review-2-614x250.jpg

The career mode is where you spend most of your time. It starts by shoving you into a Nissan GTR and asking you to do your best around a small track. Based on your performance here, Shift 2 takes a stab at picking a handling model: assisted braking on or off? Traction control? Stability control? Damage modelling? Its a set of options that lets you tailor your experience and, with a bit of tweaking, youll get the game set up to suit your requirements.

For example, we want races to be authentic without being frustrating. We dont want to come first without completely nailing a circuit, and we certainly dont want to get a massive lead or be stuck at the back all the time. It took about half an hour of races with intermittent tweaking to get our settings right and since then Shift 2 has been a constant, enjoyable challenge.

XP is rewarded after each race based on your performance, and, inevitably, XP means levels. Each level-up works towards getting you into more races, but also unlocks extra stuff for your cars. After your initial spin in the GTR youre given a choice of D Class Modern races; Leon Cupras, Focus STs, Golf GTIs, etc; fairly standard road cars with a bit of kick. Thats just for starters, however.
shift2-unleashed-review-3-614x250.jpg

In fact, its not very long at all until youre getting the really interesting cars we bagged a Lotus Exige early on, then a Lamborghini Gallardo and then a McLaren MP4. Its here, with the meatier cars, that Shift 2 really hits its stride - the engines blast through your speakers, the tracks and cars look amazing and youre banking around corners with reckless abandon. The cars all handle as if they have real weight and momentum to them, so when you get going you cant help but lean yourself into the arms of your chair as you tackle tight corners, or hold your breath as your back end swings a little bit too wide.

Keeping your cool in those long, breathless, by-a-nose races can be a real struggle sometimes, but it breeds a level of desperation thats ultimately worthwhile and more-ish.

And you will struggle, because each race in Shift 2 is a vicious battle. When youve got the difficulty set up properly youll have to push for every single corner just to stay even with the competition. Youll have to hit the brakes and ease into the corners, youll need to keep a level accelerator through the apex and youll be required to push hard on the exit. If you dont do all of these things youll either be too slow, or youll skid out, throwing your chances out of the window like last week's leftovers onto the compost heap.
If youre too slow at any point then you can rely on the AI to let you know, usually by blazing past you in a whizz of colour or rubbing your bumper passive-aggressively.

Its an important facet of Shift 2s challenge and its not something that should go understated; your opponent is relentless. It wants to win. It wants to shame you by covering you in dust and making you limp across the finishing line seconds after its won the race. It will do anything it can to achieve this goal it will undercut, it will block, it will turn in and knock out your back end and then stream past in a movement that somehow suggests inherent smugness.

Shift 2: Unleashed can transcend the idea of races, if you let it. The game can become a fight where your only goal is to tell that omnipresent, always-pushing robotic intelligence that you will not be crushed. You might choose to restart a race that doesnt go your way, but you will not surrender.

shift2-unleashed-review-4-614x250.jpg

Everything about Shift 2 screams that it's a racing game where you have to race hard and the AI is a massive contributor in that. Youre fending it off, while also looking for an opportunity to get around it without messing up the next corner.

You can help yourself out, of course, but never to the point where winning is easy. The cash you generate throughout your career can be spent on new cars, and there are extensive options for upgrading each car you buy. We dont know what a Feramic Puck Disk Assembly is, or a 'Race differential standard two-way adjustable' for that matter; but we do know that we can bolt them onto our car and it goes faster. You can also buy new body kits and more standard equipment such as better tyres, revamped interiors for a better racing view, firmer suspension and so on.

You can even tweak the likes of steering wheel responsiveness and tyre pressures which, frankly, put us way out of our depth in terms of mechanics. But its there if you want it.

There if you want it is something that Shift 2 gets perfectly. Very Easy and Very Hard settings are there if you want them. Drift and Muscle car races are there if you want them (you uncivilised brute). Suspension settings are there if you want them. None of it is mandatory. Its a racing game that you can tailor to be your racing game and it can evolve as you get better at it.

There are some fancy mulitplayer features too, although we sadly havent been able to try these out yet thanks to empty servers. Between normal races you can set lap times, recommend tracks to your online friends and be notified through email when your time is beaten. EA is hoping it can spawn communities where this sort of in-competition can take hold. As is always the case with online features, however, only time will tell if it will work or not.

Shift 2 is an unapologetic, highly polished racing sim in a genre thats gone more than a little soft over the last few years. If you make a mistake youll be punished and overtaking isnt something that just happens - you have to work for it. You cant really recover from screwing up a corner, your engine will blow up if you push your car too hard around the Nurburgring and the AI wants to win as much as you do. These arent faults, however, but strengths Shift 2 is a great game and its great because it does all of the above. Shift 2: Unleashed is a racing game that pushes you to be a better racer, as well as a game for which it's worth learning to be a better racer.

Wow I didn't know this game was coming out today, I gotta go buy this as soon as damn video card gets here :p

Game looks incredible, first shift was soooo amazing! I can't wait for this one :D

je lé downloadé la semaine passée et je suis rendu pas mal loin dans la campaign et serieux, au debut j'avais pas mal de difficulté avec les controles... mais j'ai ete jouer avec la sensibilité et c'est pas mal mieux

ce que j'aime beaucoup c'est que tu peux prendre n'importe quel char pour pas mal toutes les courses et tu vas avoir des oponent scaled avec ton "car level"
par exemple, j'ai faite l'endurance avec ma GTR32 boosté un peu et j'avais juste des oponents de ma force... genre des Supra, 350Z, Mustang, etc

c'est pas genre Forza ou GT5 ou tu vas prendre une Ferrari pour faire la premiere série de course RWD pis torcher tout le monde a grand coup de V12

j'ai détesté le vue dans le casque... le pilote tourne la tete au moment ou tu arrives dans une curve pis ca fuck toute... mais tu peux changer de vue pour une vue "static" en dedans... t'es un peu plus proche du volant mais c'est pas mal mieux

pis les sons... OMG
ma GTR sonne en fou a 260kmh t'entend les turbo spooler en fou
tu peux meme entendre les petites roches frapper la carosserie

et oui, TU PEUX SWAPPER DES MOTEURS!!!

i was sooo disappointed with Shift 1, the physics were a joke, waist of my 60+$. I'll download this one, see if i like it...

ya tu encore des coins de garde fou qui depasse aux endroits proprices a un crash? ou des stand a tires dur comme du beton?

cé souvent les memes pistes, mais oui des pistes comme Tokyo la bande est proche en maudit
les pneus, ben j'imagine que cé normal de scrapper son char en rentrant a 150kmh dans un mur de tires, mais non y sont pas durs... cé pas GT5... les chars sont fragiles... un simple accrochage de rien et c'est vraiment dramatique

ca m'est arrivé 3-4 fois de pogner des debris dans course et de scrapper mon auto... ou carrément avoir un autre coureur qui se crash et reste la pendant comme 1-2laps
ouais tu perds ta course, ca fait chier mais bon y'est assez difficile Shift 2 les autres coureurs ses scale avec ton auto... donc tu peux avoir une auto overpowered

pis les courses sont courtes... une endurance cé 20 laps... mais pas 20 laps de Nurburgring.... 20 laps genre Suzuka

ce qui me fatigue le plus c'est que les premieres secondes de la course c'est un vrai destruction derby... les oponents hesitent pas a te smasher solidement... comme y'a pas de qualifications, tu pars toujours genre 5-6e

i was sooo disappointed with Shift 1, the physics were a joke, waist of my 60+$. I'll download this one, see if i like it...

Did you play it on PC or PS3? I've got it for both and you need to do an absolute TON of tweaking to be able to play properly on PC. PS3 seemed plug and play to me, It was very easy to get used to considering I play with a controller.

Back