Dog owners: which brand of food?

I feed my dogs Acana which is the Ontario version of Orijen. Great products!

Spoke to an animal nutritionist today that said Orijen can do that. Has too much protein for the dog to digest and is not recommended for small bulldogs as they arent active like bigger dogs and have sensitive stomacs (I guess for husky its a good choice)

Acana has great pretty good reputation, seems like the food of choice in the bulldog community

I just switched to Orijen (for puppy) for our dog actually.
She 3 months old and 50-50 ShihTzu/Chihuahua....

Would it be better to switch to Acana Small Breed Puppy asap or won't be that bad ?
I have bough the "middle bag" so i got plenty of food for a while.

I just switched to Orijen (for puppy) for our dog actually.
She 3 months old and 50-50 ShihTzu/Chihuahua....

Would it be better to switch to Acana Small Breed Puppy asap or won't be that bad ?
I have bough the "middle bag" so i got plenty of food for a while.

Two good brand. Puppy formula is especially recommended for very active puppies or anything still growing strong. Just don't feed it too long after those two criteria have passed or you may over feed it, make it fat.

Two good brand. Puppy formula is especially recommended for very active puppies or anything still growing strong. Just don't feed it too long after those two criteria have passed or you may over feed it, make it fat.

De l'énergie y'en à en masse, y'a pas arrêté du week-end et hier il à jouer un bon 2h dehors à courir non stop dans la cour chez ma mère... rendu à la maison ça pas été long qu'il dormais.

De l'énergie y'en à en masse, y'a pas arrêté du week-end et hier il à jouer un bon 2h dehors à courir non stop dans la cour chez ma mère... rendu à la maison ça pas été long qu'il dormais.

Tout va bien alors!

Dog food bought at Vets are absolute garbage. The vets are only out to make a quick buck. It is expensive and full of shit. Do a search for Hill's brand dog food...expensive and tons of bad reviews. The only real way i found this out is because my dog had allergies to certain ingredients. I googled what my dog's problem could be and the type of food he was eating and what I read really scared me. I went to the vet with this info and he was suggesting all kinds of crap he was selling (try this, try that) and nothing was working.

So i went off on my own to do some research, went to Global Foods, spoke to some of the sales team in there and came out with Acana Pacifica. Problems went away...he was allergic to grains. Since then i've tried different Acana flavours and have now moved on to some other brand i heard was good just to give the dog a little break from the same old. He loves it...moral of the story...buy food where you actually understand what is written in the ingredients "by product" = bad...oh ya, and most vets are only out to make a buck and that includes bullshit vaccines.

http://www.gourmet4pattes.com/FR/produits.html

Mon bouvier bernois EXTRA difficile on lui donne sa depuis un bout. Au début je croyais pas pantoute mais a la longue sa a fait une différence. Dents plus blanches,meilleure haleine et plus d'énergie.

Sa coûte un bras par exemple mais tu te fais livrer sa au 2-3 mois tout dépendant des besoins. Le gros hick c'est que sa prends pas mal de place dans un congelateur et qui faut que tu pense a lui sortir la veille pour le repas..!

I just bought a puppy a month ago and it is currently 3 months old. The best dog foods that I bought for her are eukanuba and call of the wild. They're a little pricey but I don't want to feed my dog garbage. I usually mix it with some meat that I make. But yea look at the ingredients, if it is not real meat and if the ingredients don't start with meat or some kind of by product, don't buy it.

Fromms. For many years. I highly recommend it. Vets always seem to want to sell the shit they have in stock. It is almost always garbage.

Any of you have sensitive puppy belly?
When we got our husky/mix 3 years ago it took us a while to figure out which food would not give her runny poo..

Ended up Eukanuba is the only thing that works for her. So the cats get eukanuba also.

Pretty happy with it. active animals, nice fur, no vet bills so far :p

Science Diet for old farts.

Recommended by vet for our dog since she had stomach issues.

For the young one we give her pedigree, we tried other more expensive brands which didnt sit well with her.

Science Diet for old farts.

Recommended by vet for our dog since she had stomach issues.

For the young one we give her pedigree, we tried other more expensive brands which didnt sit well with her.

post #68 is backed up by almost every member in this thread

although switching an old dog's food maybe tricky

good food costs less because the animal eats less (less fillings).
they also shit way less, which is good for a dog that has to go outside!

it's not much more expensive when you consider the quantity used.

I use(d) Natural Balance and/or Blue Buffalo.

Dog food bought at Vets are absolute garbage. The vets are only out to make a quick buck. It is expensive and full of shit. Do a search for Hill's brand dog food...expensive and tons of bad reviews. The only real way i found this out is because my dog had allergies to certain ingredients. I googled what my dog's problem could be and the type of food he was eating and what I read really scared me. I went to the vet with this info and he was suggesting all kinds of crap he was selling (try this, try that) and nothing was working.

So i went off on my own to do some research, went to Global Foods, spoke to some of the sales team in there and came out with Acana Pacifica. Problems went away...he was allergic to grains. Since then i've tried different Acana flavours and have now moved on to some other brand i heard was good just to give the dog a little break from the same old. He loves it...moral of the story...buy food where you actually understand what is written in the ingredients "by product" = bad...oh ya, and most vets are only out to make a buck and that includes bullshit vaccines.

That is very interesting....I feed my GSD with Hill's DD Formula (Duck and sweet patatoes) because he have allergy issues and because he seems to like it and digest it well.....could you send me the things you've found??

Thank you!

science diet reviews are all over the net, just google search real quick

even my vet suggest againsts (she even stocks on her shelf) but my puppy was eatting science diet from the breeder so i had to continue slowly (one week)

Back