Looking for a car that is...

S0-Geneve-2010-Lexus-CT-200h-officielle-157313.jpg

this /thread! except it's more than 5k price -_-'

I went to the dealer and I wasn't impressed by the CT. I'd take a golf tdi for 5k cheaper, or a roomier and more fuel efficient prius mk3.

I normally do 8l/100km or less with my wagon on the highway. Throw in some city driving and its more high 8's to 9.

you don't need to look for a super-econobox to get good mileage. Also helps when you don't drive it like you stole it lol

I normally do 8l/100km or less with my wagon on the highway. Throw in some city driving and its more high 8's to 9.

you don't need to look for a super-econobox to get good mileage. Also helps when you don't drive it like you stole it lol

Firefly pied dans la panne > Ferrari conduite en bas de 3000rpm

Si j'achète un gros moteur, c'est pour m'en servir, à quoi bon sinon? Je trouve ça dommage que les berlines midsize pour matante qui ont jamais dépassé 4000rpm viennent avec des puissances toujours plus élevées. Un moteur turbo (plus de low end) de 130-140hp ferait la job en masse.

A guy at work had a 1.6l el for delivery and he got around 11-12l/100km, so it's not that great. My d16y7 already gets me around 10l/100 (almost only city driving). With my geo I was at 8l/100 in the same conditions.

That may seem bad but it really depends how you drive and where.

If you only do city and drive foot to the floor constantly, it's normal. If that for normal driving 50/50 city/hwy then it sucks.

My avg on the last 1200kms is 10.6, about 60-65% city, driving slightly faster/more aggressiive than normal and with considerable idle time. And I think we can agree that an Impreza is definitely not a fuel efficient car. I would probably get 8.5-9 in a 1.6 EL/SI.

That may seem bad but it really depends how you drive and where.

If you only do city and drive foot to the floor constantly, it's normal. If that for normal driving 50/50 city/hwy then it sucks.

My avg on the last 1200kms is 10.6, about 60-65% city, driving slightly faster/more aggressiive than normal and with considerable idle time. And I think we can agree that an Impreza is definitely not a fuel efficient car. I would probably get 8.5-9 in a 1.6 EL/SI.

Hey Lexus, been a while!

I do 40/60 cty/hwy lately. About 30K ish a year. I know I could go for a regular 4 banger but after 25K in my shitbox, my average is under 6.5L/100 km so if I switch to anything in the 9-10L/100km I'm gonna feel it.
Also, I'd like something that will last me 3-4 years (hopefully) and with the ever rising price of gas, I'd rather get something really cheap on gas right now so that in a couple years it might still be somewhat sustainable.

Logically, 2 extra liter per 100/km I think is like what, 900$ bucks a year extra? Not horrible but meh. Just at the rhythm it's going I'd rather be on the safe side. I found an Insight or two in the 6K range.. been trying to find a TDi for ages as it'd be a near perfect match for what I want, so yeah. I guess i"m just trying to find something for the future that would be efficient and comfortable. A nice highway ride would be cool. No need for fast.
I saw a couple 2010 Insights for like 22K but at my age, I don't think it's too wise to dish out so much money on a car and insurance. Same goes for anything "new".

Insight were probably 6k a month or 2 ago, but now 2-3kmore since the gas is high. People are that stupid, they wait till the gas is really high to look for an economical car and the value goes up, then when the gas gets lower they sell it for a brand new ford v6.

Hey Lexus, been a while!

I do 40/60 cty/hwy lately. About 30K ish a year. I know I could go for a regular 4 banger but after 25K in my shitbox, my average is under 6.5L/100 km so if I switch to anything in the 9-10L/100km I'm gonna feel it.
Also, I'd like something that will last me 3-4 years (hopefully) and with the ever rising price of gas, I'd rather get something really cheap on gas right now so that in a couple years it might still be somewhat sustainable.

Logically, 2 extra liter per 100/km I think is like what, 900$ bucks a year extra? Not horrible but meh. Just at the rhythm it's going I'd rather be on the safe side. I found an Insight or two in the 6K range.. been trying to find a TDi for ages as it'd be a near perfect match for what I want, so yeah. I guess i"m just trying to find something for the future that would be efficient and comfortable. A nice highway ride would be cool. No need for fast.
I saw a couple 2010 Insights for like 22K but at my age, I don't think it's too wise to dish out so much money on a car and insurance. Same goes for anything "new".

Been a while yeah :D Hope you're doing well!

I think for what you need a TDI will be the best fit. I'm sure you can find an MK4 in your price range although now with the price of gas being so high sellers have probably increased their price on them.

A Corolla (or Echo if you can live with one) would be my second choice.

Back