BMW confirms the M5 with AWD

VWSpeed

BMW has acknowledged that a four-wheel-drive version of its new M5 is being lined up.

BMW’s new rival to the Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG, revealed at the recent Shanghai show, uses a 552bhp twin-turbocharged V8 motor and features a typically conservative body kit with sinister-looking 20in wheels.

BMW is keen to hold back exact details about the car, but officials have confirmed that there are moves to eventually produce a four-wheel-drive version of the M5.

However, insiders have denied that the company is considering producing a long-wheelbase version of the car specifically for the Chinese market.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/256784/

“The long-wheelbase platform is reserved for standard versions of the 5-series sold in the Chinese market,” said one source. “There are no existing plans for an M5 on this structure.”

First they introduce the X5/6 M...
Then they kill the high-revving N/A Motors found in the M3/5/6...
Now they offer AWD on an M5...?

WTF is going on?? :scratch:

All cars will be the same soon. They will all have AWD, all have the same options, all be crossovers, all be turbo, all be paddle shift.

First they introduce the X5/6 M...
Then they kill the high-revving N/A Motors found in the M3/5/6...
Now they offer AWD on an M5...?

WTF is going on?? :scratch:

It's too bad...

They're marketing their products to a broader clientele vs keeping the ///M brand true to the enthusiast :(

I remember a few years back BMW saying that they will never make a M badged SUV because no SUV can represent what M stands for and its racing heritage.

Now an awd M5? I mean, an awd, good handling and fast BMW sounds great but I have issues with a M badge being on it as its just going farther and farther from what M was.

I did however take a look at the 1M the other day and that looks like a very very fun little car to drive :)

Unclear if it is an option or standard. N.A. cars should get a proper 6-speed gearbox. For those worried about fuel consumption:

the new M5 is said to possess an impressive 25 per cent reduction in fuel consumption.

These gains can be attributed, in part, to the adoption of a Getrag-engineered seven-speed, dual-clutch gearbox and a range of other measures from BMW’s Efficient Dynamics portfolio, including automatic stop-start, brake energy recuperation and on-demand ancillary functions for the water pump.

vous savez pas lire ou quoi . il disent qu il pensent peut-etre faire une version awd en plus de la rwd

si c est une option c est correct... Les wanabes auront l esprit tranquille en se disant que le char est AWD... :p

Pis les amateurs de conduite vont la prendre RWD. :D

Back