img3236f.jpg

img3237t.jpg

img3239ya.jpg

img3240rt.jpg

img3247j.jpg

More pics

img3261a.jpg

And some bad news.

For the past 2 weeks, I've notice a pretty loud knocking noise and what, I believe is a floater valve. I changed the oil and to my horror I found a significant amount of metal flakes.

The next step is to make a choice of what swap I'm going to have done and where.

Ej255
Ej205
Ej207
Ej257

The limiting factors are budget and reliability and the goal is 250awp.

looks great man, i can't wait for the swap to be done, hopefully all goes well, make sure you take lots of pics of the progress i like where this subbie is going ;)

Hey, great project you got there. Pretty nice looking car!

If I were you, i'd go with the JDM ver.5-6 engine. I think it's the EJ207. It's powerful enough, it's a 2.0l, pretty cheap and a lot more reliable than the goddam 2.5l.
Whatever happens, don't go with a usdm 2.5 :p
If you have projects in mind for power updgrades, i'd suggest the JDM ver. 7 and +. You can tune it directly via ECUtek or whatever. No need for full standalone ECU if you eventually want more power!

Good luck

Hey, great project you got there. Pretty nice looking car!

If I were you, i'd go with the JDM ver.5-6 engine. I think it's the EJ207. It's powerful enough, it's a 2.0l, pretty cheap and a lot more reliable than the goddam 2.5l.
Whatever happens, don't go with a usdm 2.5 :p
If you have projects in mind for power updgrades, i'd suggest the JDM ver. 7 and +. You can tune it directly via ECUtek or whatever. No need for full standalone ECU if you eventually want more power!

Good luck

Accurate information.

Looks clean! I can see that the intake has been changed, on the bottom left you see the MAF sensor hooked up to aluminium piping. Did you find any that are bone stock?! 7k$ is a lot of money jesus i never thought they were this expensive!

How many miles on it?
Version 4-5-6 or 7 +?
Would you do the swap yourself?
Does it come with the entire drive train (2 diffs, axles) or only is it only engine,ecu,tranny,wiring,etc?

I heard that SwapShop in Blainville do complete professional swaps (even with STi 4 pots Brembos *not the rear ones though as it needs a rear subframe swap I believe) for a little less then 10 grand if you're interested.

I just realized i'm asking a lot of questions lmao. I was looking a lot into a project like that when I was looking for my car, finally I bought an Evo hahaha

^Was that you at the Petro right before the Marie-Ville Exchanger.

That deal fell through. It was with the Drivetrain. They want 8K shipped....

I sent an email to Swapshop, they never answered, although I wanted to leave a 2k deposit.

I have a 6k budget.

^Was that you at the Petro right before the Marie-Ville Exchanger.

That deal fell through. It was with the Drivetrain. They want 8K shipped....

I sent an email to Swapshop, they never answered, although I wanted to leave a 2k deposit.

I have a 6k budget.

Nope, wasn't me. I don't remember seeing your car and I'm from the north shore of MTL. I know there's another white Evo 9 in the MTL area (that I know of) but his is an MR... mine is not loll

And for SwapShop you're better off calling them. Ask to speak with André, he's the owner. He knows his shit prettaaay well.

Back