How much does it cost to build a F1 car?

VWSpeed

Not sure how real the numbers are.

Formula1_InfoGraphic.jpg

je ne savais pas que les formules 1 roulais avec du regular unleaded fuel just like our road cars et que les disques étais juste de 10 pouce de diametre

28 654$ for a steering wheel is pretty cheap

I was on a plane a few years back with the Jaguar F1 team from London to Montreal and was sitting next to the tech in charge of the steering wheel.
He said it was "more then" $25k British pounds or close to $50k usd at the exchange rate then (and had two of them on the plane with him).

http://montrealracing.com/forums/sh...et...(f1-fans-read)/page2&highlight=jaguar+f1
ahh Good memories....
I said $50kcad here but think i must have just added the cad by mistake..pretty sure he said $50usd.

je ne savais pas que les formules 1 roulais avec du regular unleaded fuel just like our road cars et que les disques étais juste de 10 pouce de diametre

Il voulait pas dire du "regulier", opposer au "supreme"... juste que c'est du gaz a base de petrole sans plomb, pas du jet fuel comme ca a deja ete le cas.

I have a lot of trouble believing most if not all of these figures.... The prices probably include R&D expenses.

I find teh Ferrari Series pretty crazy aswell... these guys all have monday to friday jobs and no major sponsors
the cost of one of the F430 race ready is around 3 million and the average team brings 4 tons of extra parts or almost 3 cars in spare parts
nots bad if you ask me

F1 cars use regular unleaded such as you'de get for a road car

I'm sure it's not the same as we use.

I find teh Ferrari Series pretty crazy aswell... these guys all have monday to friday jobs and no major sponsors
the cost of one of the F430 race ready is around 3 million and the average team brings 4 tons of extra parts or almost 3 cars in spare parts
nots bad if you ask me

Are you serious? You can buy a F430 challenge for less than $150k

http://www.autohebdo.net/a/Ferrari/F430/MONTRÉAL/Québec/5_10291439_CT2004414113131706/

And you can buy a 458 challenge BRAND NEW for $277k from Ferrari US.

I guess it could cost 3 millions if you are running 4 cars, paying for the drivers, fuel, tires, etc.

Last edited:
Back