The Porsche Museum

Marc123

Everyone has passion. Be it for guns, music, sports or cars, all of us know unbridled love for something. For some, this driving force takes them all over the world to experience various forms of what makes them tick.

For example, if hockey is your thing, touring the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto will be an excellent way to get closer to this feverish sport. While hockey is clearly a sweet spot of most Canadians, there are few other passions on this planet better served than cars.

In North America alone, we have countless buildings dedicated to this industry including the amazing Petersen Museum in Los Angeles and the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn. Europe also has some incredible collections in which we can include Volkswagen's Autostadt and perhaps the most famous of all the Porsche Museum, located in the Porscheplatz in Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen.

porsche-museum-i1.jpg

Photo: Mathieu St-Pierre/Auto123.com

I recently made my way to Porsche's Mecca and it quite literally blew my mind. Opened on January 31st 2009, the Museum has already received over 1 million visitors. Ponder that number for a moment. Initially, Porsche expected to get 200,000 people through the turnstiles per year. In two and a half years, they've at least doubled that amount. That's crazy, yet totally understandable.

Porsche-Musuem-2011_001.jpg

Gallery (43 photos)

Ça ne me prendra que 4 heures et demi pour y aller :)

Je devrais faire ce voyage d'ici fin septembre J'ai trop hâte !

J'y suis allé l'été passé !
Tout simplement malade.
Le musé mercedes qui est pas loin est aussi un must *tu*
Une chose à dire, porsche ftw.
Quelques années et je vais avoir la mienne :)

I remember visiting the old Porsche museum in Zuffenhausen in 2007. There were only about 35 cars or so, but they were all memorable. The same day, I visited the Mercedes museum in neighbouring Stuttgart, and it was also a must see.

Even if I'm a big Porsche fan, the Mercedes Museum is better than this one. And I would suggest BMW and Audi since they aren't that far and in BMW you can visit the plant.

Back