Article: Ford Raptor Frames Bent, Disgruntled Owner Turns to Internet

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.raptorforumz.com/showthread.php?t=14208

Some Ford Raptor owners have been complaining about bent frames after a day's use offroad. Ford seems unwilling to address the problem, possibly setting the stage for an epic internet battle.

0711raptor.jpg

p1020636o.jpg

anglebefore.jpg

There is a plate with a number on his truck on the first pic. From the look of it, it looks like he was racing his pick-up and jumping hits.
And then there is this:
I then invited him to come inside with me, visit www.ford.com and watch how they drive the Raptor in their advertising and "Design" videos promoting the Raptor. They are professional drivers, I'm an average guy... I do not, and simply CAN NOT drive like they do in those videos...

Take this as an exemple @0:18 You can clearly see in these kind of adds (in any pick-up add for that matter) that they abuse them. Adds are always pushing cars and trucks to their extreme limits, that doesnt mean that the car can handle it IRL, it's a given.
I mean it sucks for the owners. They wanted to play with them but pushed them a little harder than they could handle and now they are left with a bent pick-up. Ford probably has its share of responsibility in that but so does the owners.

Last edited:
Dans le vidéo ou y'avais un Chevy qui jumpais une dune, plein de monde du forum disais qu'un Ford raptor l'aurais fait sans problème bla bla bla

Les Ford Raptor 4 porte sont écourant ! mais criss 73 000$ pour un truck, qui est pas solide du frame sa fait chier, mais c sure que ya des limites la.

Et dire que si leurs soi-disantes études d'éléments finis sur la rigidité de leur chassis aurait été faites avec les bonnes valeurs, ils auraient surement vu que rajouter 100 -150$ de plaques de renforcissement auraient règler ce problème...

Étonnant ce que une erreur d'ingénierie peut causer à une réputation...

Et dire que si leurs soi-disantes études d'éléments finis sur la rigidité de leur chassis aurait été faites avec les bonnes valeurs, ils auraient surement vu que rajouter 100 -150$ de plaques de renforcissement auraient règler ce problème...

Étonnant ce que une erreur d'ingénierie peut causer à une réputation...

This truck is a marvel of value engineering, obsolescence engineering and ridiculous marketing at it's best... 75 000$ off-road "spec" pick-up unable to take one 1 day of off-roading. Been a while since I heard about Ford failing so hard, they were on anice streak with the Ecoboost F-150, Mustang, Focus...

Back