R12 Refrigerant Fill Up

LaurentD

Hello all,

I found no recent thread on the subject, so here it is: I am in need to refill my AC System on my 88 Toyota Supra and would very much like to avoid the R134 conversion. It is in my understanding that R12 can be legally handled, if you have the proper EPA certificate. Therefore, do you guys know of anyone, any shop, that could fill up my system with R12, within 2-3hours from Montreal?

If that happens to be impossible, do any of you have experienced replacement products such as Freeze-12, and how do they work after 3-4 years?

Thanks a lot!

System most probably doesn't have any leaks. It was running strong until I had to pull out the engine and disconnect the AC Compressor (System discharge was handled by the stealership). Where the AC lines were undone, I have put in new gaskets and torqued it together to the proper value.

Why would you avoid the R134A conversion? It is easy and cheap, nothing complicated as an engine swap. They'll replace your two connectors with brand new ones, compatible with the machines used to fill-up your system. Plus, it's been proven that your A/C will work even more efficiently. No loss, only gains.

A conversion is simply a low and high side fitting change. Unless the system has been unsealed for a long period then the dryer will need replacing. A conversion isn't more then 2 parts, don't let anyone tell you different.

Back