car damaged while parked in private backyard

reisama

Hi,

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but i am in need of some advice on what to do.

I have a car that is at the bottom of my repair list, that i work on only once a month or so. Not in a hurry, since i want to finish my other projects first. About a month ago I repaired all the rust on the roof and repainted it. I didn't like the color, so decided to repaint later on when i find a good color. I didn't work on the car since then.
Today i decided to prep the roof for another paint job just to find 1 huge dents in the roof as if a 2x4 fell on top of it. The dent has 2 edge marks in it. There was also a smaller dent not far from the first one. Both right at the edge of the roof.

My neighbor who's house is about 1m away from where the car is parked is doing major renovations on his house and my guess is that some of his construction material fell on my car.

When I found the damage to the car, I went to talk to him, but a worker told me that he is only there when i am work.

What I would like to know is if there is anything i can do about this and actually what should be done in this kind of situations. Since i am at work when the re-constructions are being done, I didn't see what happened, and what ever it was that fell on my car was skillfully removed before I even noticed. And since I only work on the car once a month, I do not have the exact date of when it happened either.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Just in case anyone is wondering, the car is on parked plates.
1.jpg

2.jpg

Don't mind the plastic wrap, my dad convinced me to try it out instead of paper ...

Last edited:
Take a dump on his car when HE's at work :D don't forget to spread it in place that are hard to wash! Since he didn't tell you anything about it, not even apologized, that makes him an asshole.

you have a couple of choice
if your lucky he will pay for it
if your a bit lucky he will pay and use is insurance (that happened to a friend of mine, but the down side it shows up like an insurance claim in your files...no good)
or send him an official letters...saying you will sew him (if you want) and that he has 10 days to respond...there is some exemple of these on the web
or maybe if your lucky could ask the saaq if this enter into a it and run...they pay some small amount when your are not insured...but i think car have to be on the road

NickysLuckies : I don't know which is his car so would be hard to shit on it, i rather take my used broken car parts and break all of his windows with them :) But i'm not good at thouse things and would be found out right away.

srt_mod: Thanks for the advice, I didn't know that it would apear under my file if he claimed it with his insurance.

I know I will be lucky if he accepts responsabilty for the damage, but if he doesn't, will i still be able to file a police report? I know in hit and run situations you have to have a police report to claim from you insurance, but can i still do it if i don't know when it happened?

Thanks again for the advice.

moi, mon ancien proprio (genre veston coincer)(sans préjuger!) enfin, il décide de construire un balcon ainsi qu'un escalier en bois traiter avant l'arriver de se nouveaux locataire au 2eme étage
pour ce faire, il décide d'engager un bon bricolo qui fait le travail, enfin il commence. pour économiser il décide de terminer les travaux lui-même.
le jour même de l'arriver des locataires, une fois leur emménagement terminer, l'homme asser corpulent fin quarantaine sort avec une tite frete sur son grand balcon flambant neuf, 5 min après, ma blonde qui est a la maison et qui entend un vacarme de tout les diable et des cris d'un bonhomme.
elle sort en courant et demande ce qui se passe a l'epouse de l'homme, ma blonde pars a rire en apprenant que son ouvrage butcher a foutu le camp en bas.
le bonhomme lui demande: c'est a toi la subaru rouge, ben tabar... le matin même j'ai mis mon char la car c'etais mon parking attitrer et la j'avais un balcon de8 pied par 12 pied en bois traiter plus les marche encastrer dans mon char !!!

on a appeler:
-la police
-inspecteur de la municipalité (permis)
-pris le nom des témoins (voisins)
-pris des photos
ensuite lettre enregistrer pour 6700 env de dommages, intérêts, dédommagements et ensuite petite créances
cela fait maintenant plus de 2 ans et cela devrais se régler d'ici 6 ou 8 mois, et il y aura intérêt sur ces 2 années
je lui avais demander avant mes procédures, 2500 cash hors cour, il a refuser !!!
il n'avais pas de permis et son employer non-plus,ils ont viser la structure dans le clabord de vinyle, pas de béton ou bloc en-dessous, rien !!! full hors normes
la fille aux p'tites créance m'as assurer ma victoire

c'est lui le pire!
et le comble, j'ai enlever mon char et sa structure a traîner la avec des vis qui sortent de 3 ou 4 pouce qui sortent, j'ai 2 enfants et mon autre voisine 3 et le voisinage pullule d'enfant
ultra négligent !!!

alors, reisama, je crois que tu sais maintenant ce que tu peut faire précisément dans ta situation.

Back