PR: Baribeau Moves to Hold the Line

Bannonjr

Shop Representative
282140_242730275746741_158204427532660_932137_7721091_n.jpg

St.Lazare July 20th 2011

In a collective decision involving all parties of the Canada Synthetics / Gold in the Net Drift team, it is agreed that for the remainder of the 2011 season, all marketing and competitive efforts will be shifted from the DMCC series and pointed towards the Hold The Line series in the North Eastern United States.

After reviewing the season thus far and completing mid season reports, it is certain that marketing, competition and the costs related to such will be better served outside of the DMCC environment.

The CS/GITN drift team will compete in the remaining HTL events and will not attend the DMCC Round 4 event in Montmangy, Québec.

We would like to thank all of our fans that have been following and supporting us and we welcome them to keep following us on our “Gold in the Net : Drift Team” facebook page and also our new website www.matsbaribeau.com.

For more information concerning this decision you may contact the following:
Mats Baribeau – Gold in the Net – Ontario
Bannon Woods – www.WoodsRacing.ca

http://woodsracing.ca/2011/07/20/baribeau-moves-to-hold-the-line/

Good luck in the States Matts!

We postponed our US program to next season, but we will be there next year.

Did you participate in Hold The Line round 2 ?

I can't find the results.

Yes we were down there. We qualified 6th and lost in top 8 to Dan Savage. Still waiting on final standings to get updated but we should be in 3-4th place overall after two events.

Good luck in the States Matts!

We postponed our US program to next season, but we will be there next year.

Thanks Carl! We will see eachother in the US next year ;)

:(

No more JZX :balling:

What the hell happened :scratch:

The JZX will still be out drifting, just not in DMCC.

PM me for details if youre interested. I have no problem explaining our decisions.

Mats,

We are loosing a good driver that is fun to watch.

I just hope that you keep having fun doing what you do wherever ou do it!

Best of luck!

Ok let me try to understand something here... Isn't the competition better in dmcc?!? Or it really has to do with sponsors? We need an explanation! I mean I still wish u all the best of luck just finding this strange :/

US drifting > CDN drifting

Lol drifting is drifting... if u would say htl>dmcc Ok but then again I wanna know why is that?

Dmcc, I personally think there's more challenge, The payouts destroys the ones from HTL, visibility not even comparable, all they got is fd licensing... So what !!!! if u finish in the top 3 in dmcc u can easily ask FD for a license and they will give it to u, last time I checked Cyr didn't win dmcc championship and got his...so I'm still waiting for someone to explain me why????

Lol drifting is drifting... if u would say htl>dmcc Ok but then again I wanna know why is that?

Dmcc, I personally think there's more challenge, The payouts destroys the ones from HTL, visibility not even comparable, all they got is fd licensing... So what !!!! if u finish in the top 3 in dmcc u can easily ask FD for a license and they will give it to u, last time I checked Cyr didn't win dmcc championship and got his...so I'm still waiting for someone to explain me why????

Cause Pat Cyr was doing Formula D pro am events and won, that's how he got his license... Did you ever went to a drift event other then DMCC ?

Last edited:
Cause Pat Cyr was doing Formula D pro am events and won, that's how he got his license... Did you ever went to a drift event other then DMCC ?

Yes your right!!!! Sorry i totaly forgot about it. And yes I've been to others series but never to htl...so can u answer my questions? I'm curious!

Right, well, can we keep this on track in here and not turn it into a french english thing please.

Mats,

We are loosing a good driver that is fun to watch.

I just hope that you keep having fun doing what you do wherever ou do it!

Best of luck!

Thank you Alex!

haaaa domage de perdre un autre bon pilote!!!!!

Good luck buddy!!!!

Merci!

Ok let me try to understand something here... Isn't the competition better in dmcc?!? Or it really has to do with sponsors? We need an explanation! I mean I still wish u all the best of luck just finding this strange :/

I dont think one is better than the other as far drivers/competition goes as they are both similar. There are many things that we looked at before making our decision. A couple reasons are return on investment for sponsors and my sponsors feel they have more return if we run in the US. The other thing is trying to achieve our goal of one day running in FD. HTL has 5 FD licenses to give away and we are currently in the top 5 after 2 rounds. Another thing is alot of the drivers also compete in XDC which gives us some experience running against them incase we do that series next season. There are also other reasons as well but those are the ones I want to leave you with for now.

Hold The Line
The Northeast's Official Formula Drift Licensing Series

bingo!

Hmmm but isn't Htl no spectators allowed? How is that any good for your sponsors, I guess with media only! Anyway it's sad to see you go, good luck again!

Ps: Jules make your life worth something... You're a waste!

Back