M5 Crash (old story )

"I still can't explain to myself what I should have been doing differently" How about starting not to drive 180 km/h with your wife and kid in the car, dipshit moron.. theres speeding and then theres speeding. i say hes an idiot

180km/h is about the crusing speed of the middle lane of a 3 lane highway in germany. There is nothing moron about it. The only moron thing is how people think about speed is the devil and ultimate causes of all accident in quebec.

And I think you're a hypocrite and here's why. You are arbitrarily supporting the decision that it's "ok" to have a certain number of deaths on the road.

Otherwise, here's what you would be advocating:

1. Assume there are studies that show that there are ZERO ( 0 ) fatalities when you travel at 40 or 45km/h
2. We want to have ZERO deaths, we therefore impose speed limits of 40 or 45km/h

We don't do that, therefore someone somewhere is willing to sacrifice convenience ( getting places fast) for deaths. Some politicians ( or maybe all of us ) is "comfortable" with having 10 people die per month as an offset to having somewhat reasonable speed limits.

The problem with this argument is in the word "comfortable". Who decides what number of deaths is ok to have ? If we really want ZERO deaths, then lower all speeds to 40km/h or even lower and the problem is solved.

Speed limits are just a cash cow and a make-shift band-aid against inadequate driver testing and poor vehicle inspection rules.

Now, before you jump on my case and claim that the accident would have been less severe were the guy going 60km/h, let me agree with you. It's true. But that's hindsight reasoning. Truth is that he just had bad luck, and that can happen to anyone, traveling at any speed. You can just as easily go off a cliff at 40km/h and kill yourself.

dude what the hell are you ranting ABOUT (about)?

Any way you slice it, anyone who travels 180km/h with a 7 MONTH OLD child in the car is a fucking moron.

edit: and no, this post isn't hypocritical. I would going just as fast if i were rocking an m5 on the autobahn. Just not if my kid was in the car.

dude what the hell are you ranting ABOUT (about)?

Any way you slice it, anyone who travels 180km/h with a 7 MONTH OLD child in the car is a fucking moron.

edit: and no, this post isn't hypocritical. I would going just as fast if i were rocking an m5 on the autobahn. Just not if my kid was in the car.

yeah you better let your kid at home till 18 years old, he might be hit by a car walking to school ...

Whoever criticizes has never driven on an Autobahn. With a car like that, 180kmh is cruising speed...

Exactly...

At 180 on an Autobahn with a M5...He was probably listening to classic music over that...

Ive always been scared of having that kind of accident...I mean how many times did you tell yourself :

"Wow what kind of idiot crash his car on a str8 highway..."...

It's probably because that kind of accident happens more than often...70% dies outch lol.

Go 180km if you want in your car, just not with your god damned kid in it. An infant is so much more fragile and any responsible parent.. scratch that.. any loving parent, wouldn't have gone so fast with the kid in the car.

It's his kid, his car, his wife. The end.

180 on the autoban is slow.

i m not sure, but how much is the minimum limit on autoban ?

German autobahns have no general speed limit (though about 47% of the total length is subject to local and/or conditional limits), but the advisory speed limit (Richtgeschwindigkeit) is 130 kilometres per hour (81 mph).

i don't see the big deal, he had a kid in the car. so what. to be honest, a baby seat is probably a hell of a lot safer than a normal seat

....off topic, but damn i wish we had more badass wagons here. CTS-V isn't enough

And I think you're a hypocrite and here's why. You are arbitrarily supporting the decision that it's "ok" to have a certain number of deaths on the road.

Otherwise, here's what you would be advocating:

1. Assume there are studies that show that there are ZERO ( 0 ) fatalities when you travel at 40 or 45km/h
2. We want to have ZERO deaths, we therefore impose speed limits of 40 or 45km/h

We don't do that, therefore someone somewhere is willing to sacrifice convenience ( getting places fast) for deaths. Some politicians ( or maybe all of us ) is "comfortable" with having 10 people die per month as an offset to having somewhat reasonable speed limits.

The problem with this argument is in the word "comfortable". Who decides what number of deaths is ok to have ? If we really want ZERO deaths, then lower all speeds to 40km/h or even lower and the problem is solved.

Speed limits are just a cash cow and a make-shift band-aid against inadequate driver testing and poor vehicle inspection rules.

Now, before you jump on my case and claim that the accident would have been less severe were the guy going 60km/h, let me agree with you. It's true. But that's hindsight reasoning. Truth is that he just had bad luck, and that can happen to anyone, traveling at any speed. You can just as easily go off a cliff at 40km/h and kill yourself.

You don't make any sense, where have I spoken about death? All I'm saying is that accidents are more preventable the slower you drive, which is a true fact - now if you think its right to drive with a kid in the backseat, that fast, your wrong, and I'll tell you why: You base this on bad luck, but most people that drive, do NOT think of safety hazards, when they are either driving or speeding (I put myself in that batch aswell) its not something you simply always have on your mind. I do think that if you are ready to venture yourself speeding, hence acknowledging those risk factors, do not do it with a kid in the car, because accidents happen aswell as safety hazards, which in this case, proves my point. Its one word, and its called "Responsability".

180km/h is about the crusing speed of the middle lane of a 3 lane highway in germany. There is nothing moron about it. The only moron thing is how people think about speed is the devil and ultimate causes of all accident in quebec.

Speed decreases your chances of having an accident (Braking distance / maneuverability) and , in Quebec most fatal crashes are the results of speed, wether your driving in Quebec, Germany, or even motherfucking Iceland.. What does the country have to do with how fast you drive?

German autobahns have no general speed limit (though about 47% of the total length is subject to local and/or conditional limits), but the advisory speed limit (Richtgeschwindigkeit) is 130 kilometres per hour (81 mph).

Pense s'y 2 minute, c'est sur qu'il faut qu'il y aille une vitesse minimal sur l'autobahn.

Speed decreases your chances of having an accident (Braking distance / maneuverability) and , in Quebec most fatal crashes are the results of speed, wether your driving in Quebec, Germany, or even motherfucking Iceland.. What does the country have to do with how fast you drive?

wow, I keep on hearing this BS spouted by the SAAQ, the Police and for some reason quite a few members on MR.

How in the world does speed kill ? Technically speaking, it's acceleration/deceleration that kills, not speed. Aka, if you decelerate from 200 to 0 in 1 second, you are sure to die due to enormous G forces. But anyways, back to the original question.

The Space Shuttle was going 28 157km/h when escaping Earth orbit, planes travel at 1000km/h, fastest recorded speed on land is 1223km/h. Why don't you tell all these people to slow down because "speed kills" ?

Going fast, even at the speed of light will NOT kill you.

How about we are honest about this and name the true factors that will kill you:

1. Driver error
2. Imperfect vehicle condition
3. Outside influence

Primarily I think the problem is driver error. People over-evaluate their abilities or they simply lack the reflexes and other capacities to be safely allowed on the road. But instead of telling them straight to their face that they are incapable of driving, we choose to say that "Hey man, it's not you that sucks... it's speed's fault!! speed kills!" Give me a break.

All those SAAQ ads should be saying: "You don't know how to drive. Take the bus"

Isn't that what they want us to do in the end anyways ?

wow, I keep on hearing this BS spouted by the SAAQ, the Police and for some reason quite a few members on MR.

How in the world does speed kill ? Technically speaking, it's acceleration/deceleration that kills, not speed. Aka, if you decelerate from 200 to 0 in 1 second, you are sure to die due to enormous G forces. But anyways, back to the original question.

The Space Shuttle was going 28 157km/h when escaping Earth orbit, planes travel at 1000km/h, fastest recorded speed on land is 1223km/h. Why don't you tell all these people to slow down because "speed kills" ?

Going fast, even at the speed of light will NOT kill you.

How about we are honest about this and name the true factors that will kill you:

1. Driver error
2. Imperfect vehicle condition
3. Outside influence

Primarily I think the problem is driver error. People over-evaluate their abilities or they simply lack the reflexes and other capacities to be safely allowed on the road. But instead of telling them straight to their face that they are incapable of driving, we choose to say that "Hey man, it's not you that sucks... it's speed's fault!! speed kills!" Give me a break.

All those SAAQ ads should be saying: "You don't know how to drive. Take the bus"

Isn't that what they want us to do in the end anyways ?

100% d'accord, le monde savent pas conduire au quebec, c'est pour sa qu'on pense que rouler 180 c'est beaucoup et c'est dangereux... sur l'autobhan il n'y aura pas de mammy avec son taco qui va se tasser en avant de toi a 50 km/h dans voie de gauche, ici oui...

No, it decreases your chances meaning you have less of chance losing control if you drive slower, learn English

If "speed decreases your chances of an accident" then higher speed means LESS chance of an accident.

Learn English.

Speed indeed decrease your chance of having an accident on highways and here's the proof: Accident rates radically decreased in the US between 1987 and 1990 when states where allowed to increase their speed limits on their highways and its normal, people are naturally inclined to be more aware when they drive at faster speed and awareness is gold when it comes to road safety. In fact, most accident on our highways are caused by drowsiness at the wheel, NOT speed.

In quebec, most fatal crashes are not the result of speed, stop listening to TVA. When will people start to understand that an accident happens because of multiple reasons, not just one factor like speed. Speed is an aggravating factor in an accident, NOT the mother cause of all fatal crashes and accidents.

If we go by your reasoning, there would a hell lot more fatal crashes on the germany highways compared to ours. Why do you think its the contrary?

100% d'accord, le monde savent pas conduire au quebec, c'est pour sa qu'on pense que rouler 180 c'est beaucoup et c'est dangereux... sur l'autobhan il n'y aura pas de mammy avec son taco qui va se tasser en avant de toi a 50 km/h dans voie de gauche, ici oui...

Ta tellement raison !!!!! je fait l'autoroute 10 d'un boutte a lautre 6 jours semaines... je roule 130-160km/h sur le cruise dans ma 2005 en excellente condition.... ( pneus flambant neuf et aucune composante de directions de lousse.... freins.... ) et sa m'arrive au moin 3 à 5 fois par semaine que jmen vien dans voie de gauche a 130 et +... et la ya la tabarnak de vieille conne avec sont Corolla 1988 qui a jamais pris ltemps de regarder si jmenvenais et à quel vitesse que jmenvenais qui se crisse devant moi a 90km/h pour dépasser l'autre vieille conne qui roule 89 km/h.

Résultat: le pied sul brake au fond !!!!! et puis quand la vieille conne se tasse finalement après 5minute pour effectuer sont dépassemetn et quand jla regarde pour quelle sache que cé une conne qui sais pas conduire bin y me font toujours le meme ptit geste dans lgenre... Bin voyons donc yé bin enrager pi fou ste jeune la !!!!!!

voutes etes une bandes de caves c'est pour ca que notre province c'est dla marde Vitesse = Moins de chance de reaction, avez vous le cerveau vide? lol

Back