Toll roads and higher taxes on gas incoming

Tremblay needs to be hit by a piece of falling highway

fixed.

Seriously though, what's the point of tolls if the money will be used to bail out other failing infrastructures (hospitals, education, etc)? What's the point of triple taxing our gas if it's going to be used to fund his yacht parties?

Honestly, here's how you fix this bullshit:

Open the books on everything

Every penny earned, taxed, spent, and eventually stolen.

Make everything public, find out where the money is going, attribute it wisely, and if there's a real lack of funds, then consider taxation. If I knew that our politicians were honest and nobody was pocketing funds or supplies, I wouldn't feel the same way about taxation.

Toujours prendre plus de monaie dans nos poches que dans les leurs pour couvrir leur dépenses irrationnelles.

C'est tout à fait justifié il me semble que TOUTES les dépenses soient détaillées publiquement ainsi que les revenus de TOUTES les formes de taxations percues.

fixed.

Seriously though, what's the point of tolls if the money will be used to bail out other failing infrastructures (hospitals, education, etc)? What's the point of triple taxing our gas if it's going to be used to fund his yacht parties?

Honestly, here's how you fix this bullshit:

Open the books on everything

Every penny earned, taxed, spent, and eventually stolen.

Make everything public, find out where the money is going, attribute it wisely, and if there's a real lack of funds, then consider taxation. If I knew that our politicians were honest and nobody was pocketing funds or supplies, I wouldn't feel the same way about taxation.

Werd

Tolls would be a good idea if we didnt pay so many taxes. Theres no excuse to have tolls

i agree ... if we paid less taxes and didnt feel FCUKED UP THE ASS on a daily basis ... then yes Toll Roads all the way... but with the way we are already screwed in every fcuking hole... its like they want to stcik a penis in our ear holes and nose holes at this point cause our mouth ass pussy's (women) is simply not enough anymore lol

when $4 Billion isn't enough for a population of 5 million, you know your city is fucked.

welcome to Montreal.

Higher gas tax is really not a shocker; it was to be expected. I'm a bit leery of toll roads; yes they exist all over North America, but to limited degrees, and as most of you probably know, most of the roads that are tolled are in far, far, far better condition than the roads here.

My concern is that they'll implement these changes, but it'll be nothing more than cash grab, and the money will once again be deemed more useable for other purposes.

Nothing wrong with toll roads, every major city in North America has them. They were also present on highway 15, Champlain bridge, etc... until the stupid PQ removed them.

What is retarted is the gas tax.

Bottom line, Tremblay needs to go but toll roads are a good idea.

how can you toll a road that's already payed for by taxpayers?

who will manage the tolls? if they're sold to a private company then Tremblay's kickbacks will be the only thing that benefits.

higher gas tax and toll roads will raise prices in the stores on pretty much everything that need to be trucked in and distributed. I see more people in the future lining up at the soup kitchens.

Montreal has been a distaster zone and probably the best example of complete and utter mismanagement of budgets for the past 50 years.

History always repeats itself. So in the long run it will just be the biggest money pit of all Canada.

It won`t matter who we will elect, because change just brings about more slower than a turtle results.

We are all being hung upside down and shaken until every cent is taken from us. We all have a limit to what is acceptable and what isn`t, something will snap.

We need to be more organized in our pressure tactics with the city.

We need fresh, logical and efficient ideas of how to get out of Montreal to avoid this massive onslaught of over-taxation. Because quite frankly, we still only have the Olympic Stadium to show for it.

Sur chaque 1$ gagné jme fais déduire à la source:
45¢, ensuite la tvq de 8,93¢.

Ensuite sur le gaz, pour un prix moyen aujourd'hui de 130,5¢/litre... Donc pour continuer sur une base de 1$ on aurait 0.766L
Taxe d'accise: 7,76¢
Taxe sur les carburants: 12,41¢
Taxe sur l'essence (grand montréal): 2,3¢

Grand total : 76,4¢ de déduction au total par dollar rémunéré... :(

...on fait comment pour vivre avec tout ça ! :dunno:

Évidemment je sais que chaque dollar gagné n'est pas dépensé dans l'essence... mais bon... :thefinger FUCK THOSE TAXES !!!

*Edit: Ceci est une dramatisation... lol*

Last edited:
Back