News: Custom Mustangs Previewed Ahead of SEMA Show

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
1011stang.jpg

I wish I was going to SEMA this year but since I cannot I'm sending JAG to take my place. He'll be blogging the show every day this week. Here are some cool mustangs that will be there.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2011/10/custom-mustangs-previewed-ahead-of-sema-show.html

At least four different companies will be bringing their vision of the ultimate custom Ford Mustang to this year’s SEMA Show. Ford released some info and images of four Mustang projects that will be showcased in the Blue Oval booth this year, but our sources say that these won’t be the only ones. Nonetheless, the four that Ford deemed worthy of revealing to the public are from Forgiato Wheels, Creations n’ Chrome, MRT Performance and H&R Springs.

Starting with Forgiato’s creation, the wheel manufacturer looked to build a Mustang that clearly focused on their manufacturing of custom rollers for various vehicles. They chose to show off a three-piece staggered 21- and 22-inch setup on their Mustang while a TS Designs wide body matched to a 3dCarbon Boy Racer body kit is sure to set it apart from the crowd. Finished off with a matte pearl silver paint job courtesy of PPG and this Mustang looks to be a clear winner. Oh, and the obligatory Vortech supercharger can be seen under the hood.

Next up is a Spectra Chrome Boy Racer Red Mustang courtesy of Creations n’ Chrome. Accented by a carbon fiber hood, roof and trunk from Autosport Dynamics, this Mustang will clearly be the flashiest of the bunch. A custom chromoly roll cage was also fabricated by the folks at Creations n’ Chrome while a set of 18-inch HRE Wheels will further set off the car. Again, another Vortech supercharger can be seen under the hood while some race-inspired interior modifications will have to be seen at the show.

Third on the list is a ProCharger supercharger-equipped Mustang from MRT Performance. Further performance modifications include an MRT stainless steel MaxFlow h-pipe and half-back exhaust system while a set of H&R coilovers gives this Mustang enhanced handling capabilities. MRT then looked to the outside by giving it a custom hood and paint accents while the interior received a pair of Sparco race seats.

Last but not least, the folks over at H&R will be bringing an Edelbrock E-Force supercharged Mustang to the show, fully equipped with H&R Springs’ Coil RSS sport suspension. In addition, H&R also threw on their sway bars (front and rear) and Triple C adjustment bolts. This Mustang will have an unmistakable rumble thanks to a Flowmaster stainless steel exhaust while the exterior will feature a full body kit from Street Scene Equipment and custom paint by Tri-Star Enterprise.

If JAG ends up falling into a ditch, and receives $10, would you possibly send someone else? a.k.a. me? :p

Can't wait to see the coverage!

Back