26 years old, single for a while, wondering what's going on

Ensiferum

Hi MR, I usually make a thread every year in regards to my personal life here, advise has been good and/or funny..

I'm 26 years old, been in a relationship for 2 years with a girl that started out great, too good to be true kind of deal. Shit hit the fan a year ago but decided to give her a second chance(what a mistake). Last couple of weeks with her were absolute shit, so we parted ways. Ever since then I feel great, I do what ever I want, I have good grades in school, work is going great, I train every single day, met a couple of girls but nothing serious.

For real these days I feel like
FUCK_YEAH.JPG

But it's been 2 months now that I'm single and there's a little feeling of emptiness that's slowly creeping it's way inside me.. And I'm wondering, do you think everyone is meant to be in a relationship? I'd love to meet someone I feel comfortable with but I've never found her.. and I really don't mind being single, for now.

I'd love to have kids one day, but I've never found someone that made me want to have them with her.

Any one here older than me found someone worth it at this age? or older for that matter?

I look around me and people are having kids, getting married, moving in together, having fights and making it through. And I'm on my side have a decent job, in school, I know where I'm going in life professionally but there is always this little voice in my head that tells me I'm going torwards:
Untitled-1.jpg

Any thoughts? Or similar stories?

I got out of a 7 year relationship not so long ago.Pretty scary when you are 29...
I started to go out in clubs and bars but found nothing good.
I have now a new gf that I met on Reseaucontact. Maybe you should try too ! either reseaucontact or Plenty of fish.

Good luck !

I guess it varies per person, but still @ 26 years old you shouldn't be too worried. Just take your time and eventually you'll find another one.

Don't worry about it. Found my girl at 29. You're young.

Keep the fuck yea attitude, it radiates from you and girls notice, garanteed.

check your pms.

dont worry, moi ca fait plus de 5-6 ans que j'suis celibataire :p

J'ai 25 btw, cest la vingtaine qui frappe!

J'ai hate de voir ce que Frenk va répondre ici! :p

Sa reponse est facile a deviner..

- Sa fais 27 ans je suis celibataire. J'ai jamais eu de blonde, je suis au hommes. J'me fais peter la cenne de temps en temps mais sa va jamais plus loin. Je suis en ruine emotionellement. Suis-je trop facile?

Fait bientot 3 ans que jsuis celibataire jai 28 ans et je me porte tres bien . Sur la vingtaine que jai pu rencontrer en 3 ans ya na une ou 2 qui avait de lallure les autre ces toutes des osties de folles !

I'm turning 26 in 2 weeks, been single for more than 2 years. I actually enjoy it a lot and I realised that I'm really not in a rush to start a family anytime soon.

Don't stress about it, and do your thing :bigup:

Enjoy the freedom while you can, because at 40, coming home to a grumpy menopausal bitch, driving a minivan and paying your kid's orthodontist bills, you will wish you were a bachelor again. I'm 20 and I don't even want to think about that shit...

Enjoy the freedom while you can, because at 40, coming home to a grumpy menopausal bitch, driving a minivan and paying your kid's orthodontist bills, you will wish you were a bachelor again. I'm 20 and I don't even want to think about that shit...

Oufff that is a good description of my worst nightmare...
I'm 29yo ( 30 next year :( ), don't have kid ( but my gf have one ) and don't want to have one in the near future. You don't have to rush anything...take your time, you're only 26yo. Have fun and enjoy life! :)

Faut pas que tu es l'air désespéré. Un gars qui pue le mépris, les filles en veulent pas. Soit pas désespérer de trouver au PC pour etre en couple pcq ca aussi les filles le sentent. Et apres quoi, joue pas la carte du ''trop intéressé'',elles chient dans pelles. Reste un peu indéfferent mais pas trop.Bref c'est comme la peche, cast ta ligne et attend bien relax, ca va venir.

^^ "Reste un peu indifférent mais pas trop"

Nenon, tiens toi occupé, comme ça tu vas vraiment avoir de quoi d'autre à faire que de te dire "bon ben à soir je joues tu à l'indifférent ou je l'appelle?" et de constamment jouer avec cette balance là dans ta tête au lieu de la vivre par tes hobbies et autres activités.

Quand tu commence à rusher parce que la solitude pointe le bout de son nez, jouer à une game d'attitude mentale et te poser des questions sur la perception que les filles ont de toi est la dernière chose que tu as besoin. Est-ce que j'ai l'air trop dépendant? Est-ce que je devrais la texter? This is not the kind of game you need cause you are only playing it on yourself. Sitting at home in your head and telling yourself "Tonight I'm not calling her" is infinitely more self conscious than not calling her because you were out to the gym, jamming with friends or taking a cooking class or whatever. Not saying it should never happen, but it should not always be like that, you need to keep yourself busy.

See what I mean?

You do need some self control to avoid freaking girls out, but this should be obvious to any sane person, and your "game" should not be strictly based on this, because at some point there should be a reason why you are not needy, attention dependant, or completely swerving off your path for any given girl, and that reason is that before you met her, you were already doing a bunch of fun shit, and you keep doing them after you know her which is why you don't always have time to see her/call her/bang her (yes).

Tiens toi OCCUPÉ, voit tes chums, etc. It's not about wondering what you should do, it's a bout deciding what you like to do and doing it.

Last edited:
Back