News: New Chevelle on the way?

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
Chevelle-SS-1970-Black_566_1-1024x768.jpg

As we get closer and closer to the start date for the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, MI., more and more rumors are circulating the web as to what will be unveiled at this years show.
One such rumor is in regards to a mystery GM concept. Sources suggest it will be a Chevrolet product, and the name that has been kicking around the most is the Chevelle.
Rumors regarding a return of the Chevelle has been around for two years now and was initially expected to bow at the L.A. Auto Show two years ago, but all we got was a scale model. Many expected that the concept would have been unveiled at the Chicago Auto Show, but that never happened either.
So could Detroit play host to this much anticipated concept? Will the new Chevelle be as cool as the 1970 model (pictured)? And will it be called the Chevelle or something else, as GM has the name “Chicane” also trademarked.
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/...ept-could-be-gms-surprise-detroit-reveal.html

I'd love to see a modern rendition of the Chevelle but I guess it would replace the G8? Not really sure. Then again, the Dart is replacing the Caliber so maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up.

Let's hope it will have a nice resurrection.

Sorry, no, this car should stay amongst the dead classics and shouldn't be ruined by faggot designers over at Chevrolet.
Especially since they'll probably give it a small 6.
And the SS trim will never do justice to the old LS6 454.

Quelqu un a des pics de se qu elle pourrait avoir dlair

Cette Chevelle 70 est une des plus belles voitures jamais construite, GM joue avec le feu si il la nomme ainsi

Faudrait pas que ca soit un genre de Dodge Charger 4 portes laid de tout angles

If they do something reasonable like the new Challenger, I'm okay with it. The new Challenger is a car I really like.

But it makes me smile that the big 3 shamelessly acknowledges that their best stuff was 40 years ago. They create all kinds of new econoboxes, but when they want to create some excitement and anticipation, they play russian roulette with their old names and designs to decide which one they bring back and possibly ruin.

There were chargers and dusters in the 80's and 90's too, and they were pathetic as well.

If Chevy brings the Chevelle back only to fuck it up and not blatantly (and again, shamelessly) revive the old design, it will be a failure because that's a name you don't fuck with. The dodge charger is a 4 door family car, a real joke.

If they do something reasonable like the new Challenger, I'm okay with it. The new Challenger is a car I really like.

But it makes me smile that the big 3 shamelessly acknowledges that their best stuff was 40 years ago. They create all kinds of new econoboxes, but when they want to create some excitement and anticipation, they play russian roulette with their old names and designs to decide which one they bring back and possibly ruin.

There were chargers and dusters in the 80's and 90's too, and they were pathetic as well.

If Chevy brings the Chevelle back only to fuck it up and not blatantly (and again, shamelessly) revive the old design, it will be a failure because that's a name you don't fuck with. The dodge charger is a 4 door family car, a real joke.

well its no secret that their greatest achievements are long gone untill the c6 and the latest camaro...gm never made much efforts to make anything interesting since the oil crisis until they bankrupted....however they have made some good progress since and no one can say they have been building crap as far as sport and muscle lately...and with the recent escalation in power and cubic displacement from all 3 (ford went from 4.6 to 5.0 with big hp increase after 15 yrs of using nearly the same engine in the mustang and mopar is offering as big as 426 ci hemis...) this seems like a logical step...question is what the hell is it going to be exactly ?

Si on se fit à la réincarnation de la Crx et de la NSX, la chevelle sera hybride? Un 4 cyl 2.0l turbo?:D

Elle va etre hybrid pi va etre FWD, HAHAHAAHAH pcq c bon pour lenvironment, Back in the day no body gave a fuck today i dont give a fuck, mais plusieurs personne qui ne croivent plus en dieu on decider de croire en un rechauffement climatic, je suis en science et mes profs me disent c dla merde faite vos recherche.... Bref nimporte quoi qui vont faire naura pas ce quil faut, dans le temps quand il fesait une char sa lavait un "soul" today sa la du plastic pi dla merde autour c triste mais ske les vieilles madame veulent.

la Malibu au debut etait une version de la Chevelle avant de devenir un modele a part entiere
j'espere que la nouvelle Chevelle reprendra pas un lien de parente avec la Malibu

Elle va etre hybrid pi va etre FWD, HAHAHAAHAH pcq c bon pour lenvironment, Back in the day no body gave a fuck today i dont give a fuck, mais plusieurs personne qui ne croivent plus en dieu on decider de croire en un rechauffement climatic, je suis en science et mes profs me disent c dla merde faite vos recherche.... Bref nimporte quoi qui vont faire naura pas ce quil faut, dans le temps quand il fesait une char sa lavait un "soul" today sa la du plastic pi dla merde autour c triste mais ske les vieilles madame veulent.

Georges Bush a appris un peu de français!!!

Back