Post your watch collection

thanks!

it's a IWC pilot chrono (reference number 3777)

i knew one of my customer wanted to part with his and he wore it twice since he bought it last year.

i had a good price for it ;)

ordered the kevlar strap and deploy buckle from iwc as well!

*edit*

kevlar strap received!

have to rework it a little as it was intended for the iwc big pilot wich has 22mm lugs and mine 21mm so it rubs.

think i have the right tools to fix this ;)

afternoon fun with the 243, the son and the gf at the park

Last edited:
Superbe la montre Vdub avec la strap en kevlar mais je préfère le cuir. Je cherche un barcelet similaire au tiens que tu portes avec ta montre pour un cadeau. Pourrais-tu me donner plus d'info? Thx.

Je suis ce thread depuis quelques semaines déjà et maudit que ça me donne le goût d'aller me magasiner une belle montre!

So, between buying from an AD (Authorized Dealer) or grey market (authentic watch but no mfg warranty), what do you think?

I am looking at a Hamilton, you can get it grey market (joomashop and others) for ~$650 USD.

In store, not sure how much I can get it, probably MUCH higher (it retails $995). I'm sure they won't sell it for $650...

Not sure if the mfg warranty is really worth it, I guess there's not even 1% chance I will need it.

MR I'm looking for a new watch for work. I wear slim fit suits, tall and got big hands so I need a big watch so it doesn't look lost. My budget is very very limited at the moment, 150-200$. What do you guys suggest? I spotted some fossil that looks good. Is that a good brand for that range or not?

I'm also willing to buy a slightly used one on eBay if it works for that price , do you guys know any reputable sellers who don't sell fake ones? Thanks

Last edited:
MR I'm looking for a new watch for work. I wear slim fit suits, tall and got big hands so I need a big watch so it doesn't look lost. My budget is very very limited at the moment, 150-200$. What do you guys suggest? I spotted some fossil that looks good. Is that a good brand for that range or not?

I'm also willing to buy a slightly used one on eBay if it works for that price , do you guys know any reputable sellers who don't sell fake ones? Thanks

If you're in suits for work, I wouldn't suggest getting a large watch as it will get caught in your shirt cuffs very often, making it very uncomfortable. At the $150-200 range, I would suggest something from Orient or Seiko if you're looking for an automatic. They make great quality stuff for the price you pay. Something like the Orient Bambino or Symphony if you're looking for something more dressy or maybe an Orient Ray/Mako, Seiko SKX007 for a diver style watch. These are some of the most popular watches in this price range and can be found on many sites. LongIslandWatch is the first one that comes to mind.

Check at costco, they have a few big watches at pretty good prices, forgot what brands though.

i'll check it out thanks !

If you're in suits for work, I wouldn't suggest getting a large watch as it will get caught in your shirt cuffs very often, making it very uncomfortable. At the $150-200 range, I would suggest something from Orient or Seiko if you're looking for an automatic. They make great quality stuff for the price you pay. Something like the Orient Bambino or Symphony if you're looking for something more dressy or maybe an Orient Ray/Mako, Seiko SKX007 for a diver style watch. These are some of the most popular watches in this price range and can be found on many sites. LongIslandWatch is the first one that comes to mind.

Thanks ALOT!

Also depends on your preferences. Quartz or automatic? Strap or bracelet?

I really don't know, I always loved watches, always had alot but never really paid attention.

I want something trendy that looks good.

I like this one, it's mechanical

ME1121_main

I have a huge Welder and it looks bad with french cuffs dress-shirt.

I prefer my Junghans for that.

But I think what looks bad is not really the diameter but the thickness. When they are too thick they don't fit under the shirt and it looks weird.

I'm goin to be joining the military soon and was wondering if any of you had experiance or know people who have had experiance with certine watches?

I'm looking to have somethin simple but durable and comfortable enough that I can wear it through physical training.

I'm considering the Citizen Military but 350$ seems a little too much for a field watch

I'm goin to be joining the military soon and was wondering if any of you had experiance or know people who have had experiance with certine watches?

I'm looking to have somethin simple but durable and comfortable enough that I can wear it through physical training.

I'm considering the Citizen Military but 350$ seems a little too much for a field watch

Every single person or picture of a real soldier not a hollywood star playing one, was wearing a casio g-shock. Quartz is a must, when every second counts. Plus it can handle anything.

I see alot of G-Shocks and they just all look big. I'm just wondering how comfortable it will be after a few hundred push ups

I really don't like big watches either. Unless you're a 6"5' 300 lbs mothafucker huge watches look pretty silly.

imo, 42 mm is where it's at for my wrist size (7.25'')

my portuguese is 40mm and does wear big ( white dial, slim bezel )

perfect when wearing shirts

Back