The river on ctv

Watched Ep 1 and 2 last night.

Disappointed.

Not scary at all, the atmosphere is terrible and ruins all the potential scares and some are just too predictable. The camera quality is too good to give that genuine documentary look. Kinda boring and unoriginal...

Characters are lame, quite a few stupid dialogues. In Ep 1 Lincoln starts off resenting his father for not really being there in his life and refuses to search for him because he believes he's dead but by the end of the first episode he's already got a complete change of heart, because he faced some supernatural creature and the spanish girl told him his dad is still alive? There's magic out there apparently! The mercenary isn't credible, for example the part when he started shooting his assault rifle in the darkness like a complete noob on the boat deck.

Episode 2 was a bit better but had cheesy ghost story stuff.

kinda disappointing the 1st episode with that angry soul stuff, I'll watch another 2 episodes and if it continues with this ghost crap I'll stop. Also hope the dialogues will get better cuz certain parts of the script was vert lame.

I thought it's something sci fi with creatures and shit....like they had a show a couple of years ago that got cancelled after a few episodes (with these dinosaurish creatures from under the sea floor)

1st.. I love amazon shows. Last show I enjoyed was "Amazon" back in 2000? which was basically a lost/cast away.

This show looks more like a movie, except the camera quality is too good to give it that "paranormal activity", or etc. thriller. The ghost thing turns this intro crap and it seems like stuff is happening way too quick.

2nd episode, their night out in the jungle was pretty creepy and so exciting. The river girl story was messed up and so were the dolls.

The River + Walking dead next week, makes my nights more entertaining.

I attempted to watch the second episode last night and just couldn't finish it....freaking doll ghost script was just too much so I'm gonna stop viewing this show

too bad, cuz it had potential

Back