Looking for a helmcam (not go pro)

Razz

Legacy Member
I'd like to purchase a helm cam, it doesn't need to be high quality like GoPro,
the reason i don't to go with them it because the camera looks silly as sh*t on the helmet.
goprohelmetcam4.jpg

i rather have something looking like this:
12583463182.jpg

i bought one from ebay ACT20, after looking up reviews and the piece of shit doesn't even turn on, stupid hong kong crap.

go pro is still the best.
I had a bullet cam before with a camcorder in my pocket...and it's a PITA compare to the gopro.

looks: I don't know..I don't see it when I ride.

i just hate the Gopro look so much! not stealthy at all.
but i hear jsut great things about it...i'll probably end up getting it. BAH!

Unless i mount it on the bike somewhere...

i just hate the Gopro look so much! not stealthy at all.
but i hear jsut great things about it...i'll probably end up getting it. BAH!

Unless i mount it on the bike somewhere...

Get the chest mount or tank mount.

In the end though, your going to be looking at spending equal to the amount of a gopro. Contours cost about the same price id say. But just get the gopro, its very versatile and thought it may look strange, and weirdly look like an actual camera, its function is to record crap, but at hd 1080p quality. Imo Get the Hero2, and suck it up bro lol.

So i bought the one above.
Today i brought the one i got on ebay to work, manage to fix it, now i have 2 helm cams...
oh well, guess i'll put one in the car :)

J'ai une contour et ça fait la job en masse. GoPro sont fort sur le marketing et sur les accessoires, mais pour l'image, la contour n'a pas grand chose à envier à la GoPro.

If anyone cares:
Got my ContouHD today, came with solid helm mounts, exactly what i was looking for,
I mounted straight on my helmet, but i guess my head/helmet is tilted down a bit, so i'm going to have to fix the camera to point higher up.
anyways, i love it ! recommend it to anyone! the mount is very solid ( i was worried about it)

Here are two tests:

250$ ContourHD Helm Mount
here was my first test(points to low) and the side of the helmet, can't really avoid that i put it in the front as much as i could.

60$ ACT20 Car (no car mount yet, in mail)

une des affaire que je déteste de la countour: le bruit de vent est toujours présent....beaucoup mieux sur le Gopro.

ps.: Tu a deja checker les valves, bon fonctionnement du cam chain tensionneur sur ton 636?
j'ai l'impression qui claque pas mal.

ps.: Tu a deja checker les valves, bon fonctionnement du cam chain tensionneur sur ton 636?
j'ai l'impression qui claque pas mal.

I'm getting my biked towed to the shop tonight to get all that done! Valve, Cam, Oil change, front tire, Brake fluid. Full Spring tune up!

Back