300ZX sur Canibeat

Afi

Loin d'être la plus belle 300zx, mais bon
http://www.canibeat.com/2012/02/well-worth-the-trip-mike-d-twin-turbo-z32/

Last weekend myself and a crew of Chicago photo junkies descended upon San Francisco for Wekfest. While there we couldn’t help but take the opportunity to spend time with some of the quality cars the area had to offer. My goal was pretty basic: shoot a nicely done up Z32. And I’ll be damned if Mike D’s twin turbo Z didn’t exceed well above and beyond any of my expectations.
Z32_Wekfest_BradSillars_1-900x600.jpg

Z32_Wekfest_BradSillars_2-900x600.jpg

I had posted up on a few of my national Z boards about my trip and felt around to see if anyone was interested in shooting. I had already seen some photos of Mike’s Z and was an instant fan, so I was ecstatic when he replied. Early Sunday morning before the Wekfest roll-ins I met up with Mike and had a little downtown SF photo session on the wharf.
Z32_Wekfest_BradSillars_3-900x577.jpg

Z32_Wekfest_BradSillars_4-900x600.jpg

After a quick recon for locations, we rolled up to our meet-up spot and I immediately heard the distinctive rumble of an unfiltered VG30DETT. In all honesty, we don’t see Z32 of this caliber back in Chicago. They just don’t exist. We have plenty of clean examples, but none done quite like Mike’s.
Z32_Wekfest_BradSillars_5-900x600.jpg

Z32_Wekfest_BradSillars_6-900x600.jpg

My own Z32 has been down since December, so being around one this nice made me a little “car-sick”. The thing I love about Mike’s Z is it’s not overdone. It’s extreme while keeping a simple flow. Nothing seems out of place here. His choices in exterior mods was superb. He opted to keep the USDM factory fascia and attach a Stillen GTZ front lip and swapped those ugly amber sidemarkers for j-spec clear ones. Fog lights were removed in favor of PowerTrix ducts paint matched to the body that feed to his Stillen intercoolers. His fenders are the J-spec variation w/side-marker which compliment the j-spec rear tails w/center panel perfectly. These aren’t cut up USDM fenders with markers added on, these are the real deal.
Z32_Wekfest_BradSillars_7-900x600.jpg

Z32_Wekfest_BradSillars_8-900x600.jpg

Moving around the back is where things get real interesting. On the deck lid sits a carbon fiber Mission spoiler. So subtle but a perfect contrast element and it feels like it should be sold in pair with the WinFactory rear diffuser. One thing I was really impressed with, which I feel many would overlook, is how Mike re-applied the black tape in the grooved body line which wraps the car. This groove is a huge part of the Z32′s exterior design and really should be accented (as it was from the factory).
Z32_Wekfest_BradSillars_9-900x592.jpg

Z32_Wekfest_BradSillars_10-900x600.jpg

On to those wheels. Desmond WiseSports in 18×9.5 -1 offset front w/225/40 tire and 18×10.5 +9 offset rear w/ 265/35 tire. PBMax lug nuts perfectly match the gold accents on the wheels. The fender work looks excellent. Ride height is compliments of Mstreet coils. Peering from behind those 5 spokes is a red painted OEM caliper biting onto a slotted Brembo rotor.
Z32_Wekfest_BradSillars_11-900x600.jpg

Z32_Wekfest_BradSillars_12-900x600.jpg

Inside the car you’ll find a pair of Bride Brix, an AutoPower rollcage, a PinkGodzilla wheel, and a BPMax knob wrapped with a JDM red-stitched boot. Under the hood is where my knees got a little weak. Not because of the power, but the cleanliness. Battery relocated to trunk, Hicas gone, fuse box gone, PTU relocated, fuel filter relocated, harness tucked, power steering reservoir relocated, aiv gone, secondary fuse box relocated, all bracket/mounts shaved down/welded shut. Mother of God. I’ve never seen a full tuck this extreme on a Z32 let alone in person. I haven’t even accounted for all the other little “tucks” to vac lines and other various wiring that I’m sure Mike caught.
Z32_Wekfest_BradSillars_14-900x600.jpg

I got to head back to Chicago early Monday a happy man. Much appreciation to all the locals we met for their hospitality, and especially to Mike and his 2 buddies for being cool about getting up early to come hang out on a stinky fishing wharf. For now I’m back in The Windy making some plans for my own Z32 after a weekend of new inspiration. Until next time, SF!
Z32_Wekfest_BradSillars_15-900x600.jpg

Z32_Wekfest_BradSillars_16-900x600.jpg

pour vrai!! Mais sa tombe bien pour nous a cause que la rareté va etre a notre avantage :p
Surtout celles vraiment clean. C'est hallucinant comment les prix des LHD ont explosé suite à la loi sur les RHD. Pendant ce temps, aux States, tu trouves des TT en bonne état pour 6k-8k.

Surtout celles vraiment clean. C'est hallucinant comment les prix des LHD ont explosé suite à la loi sur les RHD. Pendant ce temps, aux States, tu trouves des TT en bonne état pour 6k-8k.

WORD. la pluspard sont tout defoncer, riced-out degeux etc. C rare une clean. Meme la mienne fait dure coter peinture lol mais je planifie a la rendre super clean cette année.

^snap!! lol jen ai vue kelke un qui etait extra clean pour alentour de se prix mais pour cela, il demande ben trop!!

^snap!! lol jen ai vue kelke un qui etait extra clean pour alentour de se prix mais pour cela, il demande ben trop!!
Non turbo et automatique en plus! Genre dans cette catégorie de véhicules de ces années là, il n'y a que les Supra qui ont le "droit" d'être 25k-30k.

Moi jadore les 300zx je trouve que c'est quand meme rare et que le style de se vehicule est si avangardiste ! Woww nice ride !!

Back