Ben's drag impreza ***Conquest to the 8s***

Mtcs

Hello,

I have been a member on this forum for over 10 years but have never formally introduced myself.
My name is Ben and was born and raised in Montreal until I relocated to the US in ‘02. I then moved to NY and just recently moved back to Verdun.

I currently drive a 00 2.5rs. It has come a long way from my daily driver to a dedicated drag car.

I am currently in the middle of building my dream subaru.
I have gone through 5 motors in the last 2 years and I thought that I would stop messing around and give it one last final go.
Shortblock #1: Bought a used SB to begin the build. Turns out it had helicoils in the head bolt holes and was useless. (Lasted 0 miles)
Shortblock #2: Snaped and ARP headstud. Killed the motor (Lasted 700 miles)
Shortblock #3: Cracked 2 Stock sleeves (Lasted 1400 miles)
Shortblock #4: Piston #3 shredded itself to pieces (Lasted 1100 miles)
Shortblock #5: Finished. Haven't run it yet

1st motor teardown after cracked head
2nd motor rebuild
3rd tear down and rebuild with built internals
3rd motor start up
4th motor build up + new turbo
4nd motor car's done
4th motor boom
5th and final motor
New turbo picked up
Block came in the mail
Motor/heads back in the car
Custom Remote Mount Turbo manifold
Rims n slicks
Tubed front end
Cage work + Chute + Driveshaft loop + Scatter shield
(coming soon)
Brakeman Drag Brakes
6MT Dogbox
5th motor 1st start up (coming soon)
Dyno time (coming soon)
1/4 drag times (coming soon)
Carbon everything (coming late 2013)
I hope to see a lot of you at Napierville Dragway in the coming months.
8 second pass or burst into flames trying.

Mods:
AIM Pista Digital Dash
Kirkey drag seat
NHRA chromoly drag cage
STM Custom Spec D2 Drag coilovers
TSSFAB Front/Rear Subframes
PPG 6MT drag Dogbox
DSS Pro-level rear axles
DSS stg 5 front axles
DSS CF driveshaft
Exedy Triple
STM chromoly transmission cradle + Diff mount
Brake Man Storm Drag brake system
STM Staging brake
STM ABS Delete

Darton dry sleeves
JE Pistons
Manley I-beam Rods
ARP L19 Head studs
KillerB Everything
Supertech head
GSC S3 camshafts
Weldon 2345 fuel pump
FIC 2150 Injectors
Precision 6765SP
Custom STM Forward facing turbo kit
STM AWIC w/ice box
AEM EMS V1
Prototype SpakTech ignition system (soon)

Sponsors:
Street Tuned Motorsports STM | STREET TUNED MOTORSPORTS | DSM | EVO | SUBARU | PERFORMANCE & DYNO TUNING
Torque Solutions Torque Solution Is Your Manufacturer of Billet Engine Mounts. We Also Carry Shifter Bushings And Polyurethane Components.

Great build best of luck with the car going 8s! I don't see it mentioned anywhere but are you running ppg gears in your car or a dogbox? I'm going to venture out and say you probably have the fastest suby out here now without a doubt. PS Is your 6765 a BB or JB?

Great build best of luck with the car going 8s! I don't see it mentioned anywhere but are you running ppg gears in your car or a dogbox? I'm going to venture out and say you probably have the fastest suby out here now without a doubt. PS Is your 6765 a BB or JB?

Thanks!
Going to be running a PPG Drag dogbox this upcoming season. I've blown through a ton of PPG 5MT boxes. It was time to step it up.
So far the record of fastest subaru in Canada is set by a friend of mine in Ontario who ran a 9.5 in 2011. I am hoping to shatter that record in 2012.
My 6765 is a DBB turbo. I might be going bigger mid season if the 6765 doesnt make the power I hope it will on my new setup.

^^ You can bet I will be there.

Est-ce qu'il ya quelqu'un sur le forum qui sait qui la NHRA cage inspecteur est dans notre région?

Si j'peux passer Tech inspecion et passer mon obligatoire NHRA physical, je serai là.

Faits toi en pas trop pour les reglememnts nhra a napierville il ne sont pas trop strique. Si tu es raisonnable il vont te laisse rouler.

Intéressant, on va pousser le mem turbo sur 2 platformes AWD différentes...

On se voit a Napierville !

Guruman%202011%20128.jpg

Holy first 4 posts Batman!!

Dude....I don't even

I can't compute how fast your car must be, all I know is that I want videos!!! Or the days you're going to napierville

Back