2012 Calabogie Gentleman's GT Race Series AND Calabogie Cup

A ring wasn't sealing properly. Engine is opened and shop is waiting for parts. I should hopefully be back on track next Monday and Tuesday at NJMP. Can't wait for this to be solved so I can concentrate on driving the car and removing some weight from it.

Wow, mon dépassement à 27:40 a fait peur à la Mustang... et moi aussi j'ai touché au gazon!! :p

Wow et merci pour le compliment à la fin. Je vois que tu t'es jamais vraiment éloigné. Good job à toi aussi!

A ring wasn't sealing properly. Engine is opened and shop is waiting for parts. I should hopefully be back on track next Monday and Tuesday at NJMP. Can't wait for this to be solved so I can concentrate on driving the car and removing some weight from it.

Bonne nouvelle Seb, je suis content pour toi.

Je viens de regarder ton vidéo.... mettons que t'étais occupé! Sa glissait.

The last race was awesome!!!

Qualifying went really well but revealed some setup issues with the car- nothing that I couldn't drive through though. I qualified 2nd with a 1:21.1 on the short track. Chris was right behind me with a 1:21.6.

Since they inverted the top 3, it meant chris started pole and I was right beside him. Man what a rush! I got a better launch than him off the start so I took the lead going into corner 1. He was a bit faster than me in the tight sections, which made up for my higher hp in the fast sections. After a few laps, I let him by, then Greg VD that had qualified 1st in his vette. He also got by Chris, and then our battle began! We fought the whole race, back and forth. It was so much fun! We finished as we qualified.... 2nd and 3rd. Here's the video!

What was Gregs Q time?

Looks like you have a round scheduled after our August 24th lapping date?
If I have gas left, i may run it.

Greg's qualifying time was a 1:19.9 IIRC. Yup - Aug 24th is the 5th race - I won't be able to make it unfortunately, as I'll be at a wedding in Chicago.

My next and last gentleman's race for this year will be September 14th!

Yeah, definitely and awesome race! :D

I was having a lot of fun battling for fourth place after qualifying fifth, though my left rear wheel bearing had other thoughts and decided to call it quits a couple minutes before the finish. :( I'm still happy about how the race was going; my fastest lap of 1:21.680 (skip to 30:26) was much improved from the first event with motor issues!

My video:

The next event I'm doing will be #5, on August 24. Can't wait!

Greg's qualifying time was a 1:19.9

Yup. Best lap in the race was a 1:20.3

Here's the rest of the schedule.

5. TEST AND TUNE #2 - Saturday July 14th (FULL DAY) - GT Track Configuration - Pricing (if bulk events are not purchased) is subject to regular CMP rates.

6. GT Race #4 - Saturday July 21st (EVENING) - This coincides with the BMWCC 3 day weekend event. Again great exposure for the series and hopefully lots of extra participants since they will already be at the track!

7. Calabogie Cup - August 10th - Aug 12th - Multiple Races over the weekend - a guaranteed blast every year! Full schedule to be released in the spring - Coincides with the IMSA Finals.

8. GT Race #5 - Friday August 24th (EVENING) - Follows the AISA Lapping day - Hopefully bringing in more participants

9. GT Race #6 - Friday Sept 14th (EVENING) - Follows the Track and Time Time Attack Event - Hopefully bringing in more participants

My next event is the Calabogie Cup weekend, 3 races that weekend. And I'll be at the last one with Shawn. I expect that one to be well attended, get your registration in early :)

Now I'm tempted to run the 24th if you guys will be there. Lots of fast cars and drivers here.

Here's my vid from the last one. Luvin the new car. :)

Hmmm... I just checked the schedule... I will be instructing with the BMW Club of Ottawa July 20-21-22... I might run with you guys on the 21st to spice things up, although I will already get a lot of track time that weekend...

Are you running the full track that day?

Hey Sorry Seb for not responding earlier. We ended up running the short track, not the long, but we were almost at the breaking point ~ 30 cars, where we move from short to long track. Was a fantastic race though, too bad you didnt make it out!

Unexpected expenses and downtime on my car means I won't be able to go to any of these this year, but hopefully next year I'll be able to make it.

The woes of high performance cars eh. Well good luck with getting everything up and running and we definitely look forward to seeing you out there next year!
Unexpected expenses and downtime on my car means I won't be able to go to any of these this year, but hopefully next year I'll be able to make it.

The woes of high performance cars eh. Well good luck with getting everything up and running and we definitely look forward to seeing you out there next year!

It's back up and running now, but it took a chunk of my 2012 racing budget to do it! :p

I know the feeling... ive had some brake issues which had blown through a seasons worht of tires so far... not good.

Back