Toughest thing you've ever DIY'd

android25ua

What was it? Whether you're a mechanic or your maintenance experience stops at replacing your air filter... Let's hear it!

For me it was replacing a wheel bearing. Did the rears on my Subaru... a lot of hammering. Just did one front on the Audi... God that motherfucking housing was sitting there tight because of aluminum oxidation!

Unseizing the rear locks on my CRV, 5+ hrs and no space to work

or

TCT on the S2k because I thought I was gonna blow the engine when I put it back in

Changé une panne a huile sur Un Suzuki Swift MK2-MK3
Calisse que les bolts entre le bloc et la tranny sont tight fit!

rear brake lines on ek civic. or maybe a turbo swap in a mk2 mr2. wither or took about 8 hours over the span of 2 days

Lol c'est drôle hier j'ai aidé un d'mes chums à sortir une transmission de STi Version 5 JDM avec un pilot bearing saisi, a real fucking PITA.

Changer un thermostat sur un pontiac transport la bolt du haut se dévisse la bolt du bas st'une slot mais tu as la pipe du manifold collé dessus ya juste de la place pour une clef.. le mécano ma dit que je devais enlever le manifold pour faire de la place pour glissé la slot!!! pour une pièce a 14$ ca fait de l'ouvrage pour rien..

Sinon enlever une roue (dont le caping en aluminium de la bolt est tombé) sans tourne-à-gauche et sans soudeuse...
J'essaie encore qq1 à un truc ? on ma dit de souder une plus grosse bolt par dessus ou d'utilisé un tourne-à-gauche mais j'en ai pas trouver dans mes bon magasin d'outils du coin...

Most challenging was rebuilding the Paseo's engine from the ground up, but it went pretty steady and smooth.

Toughest: swapping rear disc brakes from my Paseo onto another - means removing his, removing mine, installing mine on his car. 1 brake system is annoying, 2 at the same time are nightmare.

reinstalling rear MR2 subframe... on my back underneath the car trying to bench press a 100lbs subframe and bolt it into place... alone

lots of swearing and lots time...

Ur mom!! :yikes:

Sur une note plus sérieuse, this...

P1010013.jpg

To THAT
P1010051.jpg

LOL I don't even attempt it if its too complicated.....LOL jacking up my car is hard enough!!! LOW ans SIDE EXHAUST= PITA Need to get a low profile garage jack......or switch to bags!!!!

AC controls relocation so that I could have a Double Din in my old Lancer Ralliart

Outside of that, nothing too crazy, I never deal with Electrical stuff cause I suck at that.

Back