News: JDM Monday Meet Wal Mart St-Dorothée est Annulé

That's a real bummer, but the reasons are quite understandable. No doubt you'll find a new spot in no time. Carrefour laval?

Talking about road blocking huh? ...Hmm...

Smaller scale meets tend not to live for long because in the case 25% of the people can't make it on the said night of the meet, it gets boring, so you leave earlier, and therefore, the week after it reduces its volume, and more and more.

One fun thing about those huge JDM mondays is that there were so many cars, from so many different car cultures (euro, jdm, muscle, old school, jeeps, bikes, etc) that you got to get out of what you are more used to and that people from different ''clans'' could meet up and exchange. Crews would hang out and be seen together (Luxurious crew, 2LOW, etc).

They say: ''learn from your errors''. Why not do that in order to have a meet as big, but hopefully more peacefull and less law-abiding.

-Restricted entrance and exit paths
-Big, open spaced parking
-Trash cans
-possibility to have reserved spots for crews
-very cheap entry price, with raised funds given to some foundation (Fondation rêve d'enfants maybe?) (BTW, having a VERY cheap entry price would keep rusty cavaliers, worn out accents or any thrashed cars to enter the site. Possibility to park a few minutes away from the parking could have those people coming to see though).

I'd be willing to give a hand if that can be of any help: directing people when they enter, collecting money, placing cones...

I didn't word that properly, I mean I have access to barricades that we use to block of an entrance to a parking lot, which means regulated control of who comes in. I'm not saying we should do that, but I'm saying that provided we have the permission of the parking lot/property owner, it is a possibility that I can help out with.

When I say smaller meets, I don't mean 20 people or whatever I just mean significantly less then a thousand people because the problem at JDM mondays is the amount of people in general who are there. As mentioned the crowds are the ones littering and enticing people to burn out and rev and shit, smaller crowd means less stupidities from that. Also, if we know who's coming we can be feel better about the possibility of that shit not happening.

at carrefour for example. in that south west corner, the access to that area could be easily restricted to 1-2 entrances only with controlled flow entrance.

put cones to block the other way. garbage cans can work. plastic MR memberships for meets could be made and can be cut up and revoked if you fuck around.

things can be done, but it envolves some actual work and organization. which almost becomes too much for what is supposed to be a casual weekly meet.

if we could get megaphones and make some announcements, you'd be surprised how many people might respectfully comply if asked nice enough by someone who is kinna represents the face of the scene.

we might need some policing by people who aren't police. anyway if there are no more meets, oh well.

-En faisant payer le monde a l entrée tu remets une feuille avec les règlements à respecter que le conducteur de l auto signe.
-Lors d un non-respect = expulsion du lieu..
-Vous prenez la plaque du VR fautif et il ne rentre pas lors du prochain meet...

En plus au carrefour laval, y a pas de resto à porter de main donc surement moins de déchets des jeunes imbéciles insouciants du savoir vivre en société...!

Each week a new location, 1 time at each place wont be enough time for them to asses the situation and kick you out

1 of 4 or so locations and random patterns. no posting confirmed locations on forum. by PM and invite only. starting from some OG members, a commitee, if you will, given to other mature enthusiasts and working it's way around. no names of locations. they are assigned a letter or a number. like Location A ect,. and if you don't know where location A is, then you probably aren't invited.

:dunno:

1$/char cest rien ... Mais ca payerais une equipe de ramasseur de dechets en masse et yen resterais surement pour mettre dans une ptite Enveloppe Brune pour le proprietaire !!!!

can't be chargin no shit like that without some kinna licence, no? unless it's actually organized with the owner of the premises. you can't make money off someone else's property just like that.

sunday night sounds great, ive got nothing else to do and everybody is busy watching the stupid kardashians so its win win

I KNOW

let's tell all the people with white hats and/or energie shirts that we're charging, when in reality, it's still free.

problem solved. they'd rather keep their toonies for 2$ EX's at fuzzy.

faite le le dimanche soir, tous les magasins sont fermés vous n allez pas nuire a personne...

Durant l'été y'as trop d'évenement la fin de semaine pour faire ca un dimanche... Anyway, ont continue les meets a une autre place, mais seulement avec du monde qu'ont veulent. Hier le meet étais vraiment cool, plus de 150 voitures pis aucune stupitité... Ca faite du bien.

J ai vue les photos et ca sentait beaucoup le riz par contre... Bizarre car avant c était en majorité des belles voitures.

boooommmmm

540593_470786619603125_145099402171850_2126836_1208622040_n.jpg

546214_470793776269076_145099402171850_2126979_4692168_n.jpg

555452_470795409602246_145099402171850_2126991_730572447_n.jpg

Back