LOL at people saying their car is "chipped"

LePolak

Legacy Member
When I think of a chip, I think of this;

stock-photo-8031287-potato-chip.jpg

When you change chit in your ECU, you're TUNING, or RETUNING it to different parameters, not chipping it.

You're not Upgrading hardware unless you're buying a whole other standalone ECU, you're changing the software.

So why do all these queers ask me if my car is chipped?

get it right.

Everyone says chipped. It's an old school term from the days when they would solder an actual chip in the ECU

In this case lets flash them with a big-ass flashlight, just to show which term they are supposed to use now

cars before 1995 were actually getting chipped. They changed the chip in them to 'tune it' however, the hard coded values stayed the same in the Ecu.

Everyone says chipped. It's an old school term from the days when they would solder an actual chip in the ECU

this

any older BMW running obd1 was being chipped by plugging an actual electronic chip into a slot in the ECU. Dinan made tons of those and thats how "tuning" a car started anyways. Since obd2 came round, you can adjust the timing maps and A/F without modifying or adding hardware, hence chipping is no longer used.

this

any older BMW running obd1 was being chipped by plugging an actual electronic chip into a slot in the ECU. Dinan made tons of those and thats how "tuning" a car started anyways. Since obd2 came round, you can adjust the timing maps and A/F without modifying or adding hardware, hence chipping is no longer used.

meme chose pour les autos américaines des années 80 on pouvais changer le chip pour en mettre un de performance

alors oui ma corvette 1986 etait chipper ya pas grand monde qui on vécu dans les années 80 ici on dirais

Chu chippé man, ça pis avec mon peeflo le monde me prend au sérieux à lumière.

Back