Tracked Skyline GTR | 3-step + Waxxon wax | Detailed

cobrAAA

Shop Representative
For the third or fourth time, frank asked me to detail his tracked GTR. This car see track abuse, yellow rear-end because of running too rich, very high level of brake dust and on top, the car is stored outside so some surface rust/scratch du to animal can occur.

I must also note that since the car has been on the road (a month ago approx.), the car hasn’t been washed. Frank said with a smile that he like to leave me his car the dirtier possible, so when he see the end-result he is even more happy lol!

Process:

Degreasing wash
Chemical decontamination
Clay bar
3-step polish (including the jewelling step)
Swissvax Cleaner Fluid
Raceglaze Special Reserve Waxxon
Window polishing + aquapel
No tire dressing was applied at the owner request.
Coating applied on wheel.
Trim dressed with Wolfgang trim sealant

Before:

dsc1490j.jpg

dsc1491yx.jpg

dsc1492f.jpg

dsc1493yv.jpg

See the difference in color?
dsc1495m.jpg

dsc1496z.jpg

dsc1497i.jpg

Enough pictures, time to decon!
dsc1498c.jpg

dsc1499u.jpg

Oh no! she’s crying :(
dsc1500t.jpg

dsc1501y.jpg

dsc1502y.jpg

dsc1503gx.jpg

dsc1504f.jpg

dsc1505r.jpg

I then rinsed the car, dried the car with microfiber and then the owner invited to go diner, so we let the car like that.

When I came back, it was time to inspect the paint under spot light.

dsc1506je.jpg

dsc1507au.jpg

dsc1508y.jpg

dsc1511rj.jpg

dsc1512j.jpg

Unfortunately, Frank wanted to impress me with his detailing skill and attempted to remove the yellow by himself, he wanted up doing more harm than good and some of the scratches will stay there for ever ( too deep to be remove)
dsc1514j.jpg

dsc1515y.jpg

dsc1516x.jpg

dsc1517w.jpg

I couldn’t believe the condition of the taillight also!
dsc1519n.jpg

dsc1520q.jpg

All taped and measure taken with my paint gauge:
dsc1518a.jpg

Fast forward to the detail:

I had to polish the glass in order to apply aquapel but also to remove some sticker mark like these and the Ultraride sticker:
dsc1525ah.jpg

Little water mark:
dsc1526p.jpg

dsc1527n.jpg

dsc1528uh.jpg

to quote frank ; Waxing like a BOSS hahaha . Once he saw the jar of this exclusive jar, he understood why it was worth so much and when he saw the finish on his car, he really liked this wax.

556856_10150834299976459_636919585_n.jpg

dsc1529o.jpg

dsc1533l.jpg

dsc1535t.jpg

dsc1536b.jpg

dsc1537r.jpg

dsc1539e.jpg

dsc1532t.jpg

dsc1540b.jpg

dsc1541b.jpg

dsc1542b.jpg

dsc1543n.jpg

See the taillight, they are so iconic, I couldn’t let them in such a bad shape!
dsc1544.jpg

Still a lot better than before but not perfect like I said.
dsc1545c.jpg

dsc1547v.jpg

The carbon add-on has been polished also:
dsc1548lf.jpg

Nice carnauba glow:
dsc1549qo.jpg

dsc1550g.jpg

dsc1551x.jpg

dsc1552an.jpg

dsc1553ty.jpg

dsc1566i.jpg

Correction done under the spotlight:
dsc1557o.jpg

dsc1559n.jpg

dsc1560j.jpg

dsc1561fq.jpg

dsc1563l.jpg

On this picture I wanted to show what Raceglaze Black Label Special Reserve can add to the paint:

This was before the wax:

dsc1524v.jpg

And after:

dsc1565w.jpg

dsc1566i.jpg

dsc1567.jpg

dsc1568fz.jpg

dsc1569uw.jpg

dsc1570e.jpg

dsc1571a.jpg

And you might be wondering what about the bumper? Well it was polished also:
dsc1573q.jpg

No more mark du to a paint transfer ( little accident)
dsc1574.jpg

dsc1575f.jpg

dsc1576j.jpg

Me snapping the pictures LOL: thanks frank!
179734_10150834300086459_508786115_n.jpg

If you have questions, you can always do it or by private message.

See ya!

Pour une question de polissage réalisé à montreal.. alexandre.lemay @ hec . ca
For more info regarding this polishing job, detailing , done in the greater Montreal , please contact me at alexandre.lemay @ hec . ca

2 weeks later, car outside so different lighting. Enjoy the depth of a white paint! ( something you don't often see on a white paint)

dsc1675cm.jpg

dsc1678e.jpg

dsc1680y.jpg

dsc1681q.jpg

dsc1682x.jpg

dsc1683b.jpg

dsc1684r.jpg

dsc1687f.jpg

Frank a été faire un vidéo shoot, 2 semaines après mon detailing. Malheureusement, il avait des traces de suce et des scratches VRAIMENT DEEP, c’en était vraiment dommage. Le capo était parfait et la peinture d’une jdm de 20 ans est souvent plutôt mince donc j’ai vraiment pas pu faire de miracle, mais j’ai fait de mon mieux.

Juste sablé à l’eau son capot m’a pris un solide 2h 30. Nous avons fait la job tars en soirée, donc je n’ai pas pris beaucoup de photos, je voulais faire le plus vite possible, sans Butcher non-plus!

Forentz et Frank pourront témoigner de mon minutie lors de la job, juste avant qu’ils me laissent seul haha!

dsc2927yf.jpg

J’ai mesuré la peinture a plusieurs moment lors du traitement : voici au début :

À la fin :
dsc2929d.jpg

Évidement, j’ai remis une couche de ma cire exclusive raceglaze :
dsc2928j.jpg

Et le résultat :

dsc2932w.jpg

dsc2933k.jpg

dsc2936l.jpg

dsc2937q.jpg

Close-up :
dsc2938d.jpg

dsc2940l.jpg

Et bien voilà, je voulais pas descendre dans les 75, je ne crois pas, non plus, que ça l’aurait changé de quoi, de toute façon.

Voici le genre de service que j’offre à tous les gens avec qui j’ai déjà fait affaire.

Comme à chaque année, cette skyline reçoit un traitement avancé. Malheureusement, comme je l’ai prévenu l,an passé. Sa voiture commence à avoir une peinture de plus en plus mince. Donc, à partir de maintenant, nous allons que faire des polissage 1-step.

Process :
1-step polish
Concours wax Raceglaze 55

Initial condition :

Comme toujours, des roues bien sales
el23.jpg

9nfa.jpg

rtpq.jpg

d270.jpg

Iron-X qui fait son travail :

0bmk.jpg

On voit l’abus fait sur la piste de course, le coffre est couvert :
wm2g.jpg

nq5l.jpg

9lhw.jpg

Et enfin, le blanc est toujours aussi glossy, mais la correction est moins profonde et exhaustive :
ual5.jpg

eu1r.jpg

00c9.jpg

l5jz.jpg

q5hn.jpg

For more info regarding this polishing job, detailing , done in the greater Montreal , please contact me at alexandre.lemay @ hec . ca

Je ne crois pas que cette voiture a besoins d'introduction... J'ai travaillé à plusieurs reprises sur cette voiture. Considérant que l'épaisseur de la peinture se fait de plus en plus mince et que suite à un déménagement, l'entretient de la voiture est moins fréquent qu'auparavant, nous avons opter pour la meilleure protection sur me marché en Cquartz Finest, notre nano-coating pro.

Process:

2-step polish
Cquartz Finest nano-coating
Aquapel
Finest appliqué sur les roues aussi.

L'auto avait quelques swirls et scratch ici et là du au lavage et plusieurs dommages plus profond sur le toit:

Considérant la chaleur et le soleil puissant, j'ai oublié de prendre des ''in-progress'' pictures. Mais voyez le résultat final par vous même :

Les scratches ont disparus:

On s'excuse pour le bumper mal fitter, mais on ne voulait pas le remonter considérant que le proprio aurait du l'enlever tout de suite après. Il tenait mieux au début évidement haha!

Le diffuseur à été coated aussi et les roues!

Back