autopartsway.ca - Service médiocre

mattprelude

Bonjour,

J'écris ceci pour vous faire part de mon expérience avec le service à la clientèle de autopartsway.ca.

13 Août 2012
J'ai commandé une pièce "Brake Proportioning Valve for a 1995 Volkswagen Golf GL with rear drum brake"
https://www.autopartsway.ca/search.cfm?allMk/allY/allMd/allSmd/allEn/allB/allCT/allsct/search:ATE1607841
Pièce# ATE1607841

15 Août 2012
Je reçois ma commande, la boîte est correctement identifié, mais la pièce l’intérieur n'est clairement pas celle que j'ai commandé.
Ce que je devais recevoir:
itemautopartsway.jpg

Ce que j'ai reçu (identifié "ATE 17416") :
itemreceived.jpg

boxreceived.jpg

J'ai appelé le service à la clientèle, aucune réponse après 15 minutes d'attente.

J'ai remplis une demande de retour en ligne.

16 Août 2012
Je reçois un message automatique me disant que je dois retourner le produit à mes frais à Toronto.

Je demande d'avoir un étiquette de retour, ou un autre moyen d’être exempté du coût de retour, c'est leur erreur!

On me demande de fournir plus d'informations sur ce que j'ai reçu...

17-20 Août 2012
Une longue échange de courriel qui ne mène à rien où j'ai dû fournir une multitude d'informations, allant jusqu’au VIN du la voiture!!!

21 Août 2012
J'ai appelé le service à la clientèle à trois reprises.
Le 1er, on m’a posé les mêmes questions absurdes en me faisant attendre 2-5min entre chaque question puis on m’a raccroché au nez.
Le 2e je suis tombé sur la boîte vocale après 15 minutes d'attente.
Le 3e je me suis simplement tanné après 15 minutes.

Voici l'intégrale de l'échange de courriel en anglais.

2012/8/15 AutoPartsWAY.ca Orders <orderinfo@autopartsway.ca

Hello MATTHIEU,

Below are return instructions for your part(s).

The following part(s):
Part Number: ATE1607841
Part Name: Brake Proportioning Valve
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Should be returned to:

AUTOPARTSWAY.CA
MERCHANDISE RETURNS
RMA# 2013380
6801 Columbus Rd
Mississauga ON L5T 2G9

Please follow the guidelines below to ensure that your return is processed properly.

1. All parts must be returned in the original box. No Exceptions.
2. All authorized returns should be returned via traceable means (e.g. UPS, Fed-Ex, Purolator, Canada Post or w/tracking) to insure their safe return.
3. We recommend you insure your return.
4. You are responsible for the safe return of the product.
5. If a return arrives to us damaged or missing items, we will notify you and we will retain the product & all packing materials for 30 days for your freight companies’ inspection. b
6. It is your responsibility as the shipper to file a claim with the freight company you choose. b
7. It is our responsibility as the receiver to notify you the shipper that the return arrived damaged by your shipper.
8. You will not receive credit or an exchange from us if your return is damaged in transit back to us.
9. All returns must be in same conditions as received. We will not accept any return that has been installed or damaged by you.

NOTE: If you requested a credit instead of a return, please allow up to 30 business days for your credit card to be credited, from the time your parts are received by our warehouse. Non-defective product returns that are returned for credit will be subject to a twenty percent (20%) restocking fee. A restocking fee will not be charged if your return is the result of an erroneous shipment by AutoPartsWAY.ca. All returns are subject to inspection prior to refund or replacement.

Please let us know if we can further assist you.

Customer Service
AutoPartsWAY.ca

Subject: Re: Your Return Instructions from AutoPartsWAY.ca
To: <cs@autopartsway.ca
Date: 2012-08-15 16:15:45

Hi,
I would like to have a return label.
I am not willing to pay to return the wrong item I received.

Thank you

Matthieu

2012/8/16 AutoPartsWAY.ca Customer Service <cs@autopartsway.ca

Dear Matthieu,

The return shipping fee is always from the customers end regardless of its return reason. However, we will reconsider this return request.
So that we can further assist you please provide the part number of the part that you received and the complete specifications of your car so that we can match the item.

---

Customer Service
AutoPartsWAY.ca

To: "AutoPartsWAY.ca Customer Service" <cs@autopartsway.ca
Date: 2012-08-16 20:32:31

Hi,
The part I received have no part number on it, except an engraved identification "ATE 17416".
All the identification on the box seems to match what I ordered, but unfortunately not the part itself.

The part I need is for a 1995 Volkswagen Golf GL (2.0L ABA) with rear drums.
https://www.autopartsway.ca/PartDet...dware/Brake_Proportioning_Valve/pagenum1/tabS

If you cannot send me a return label, please indicate me how the shipping return cost could be reimbursed to me.

See attached:
-Pictures of the box and the part I received.
-Picture of the part I should receive (found on you website).

Thank you

RMA# 2013380
Order# 340918

Matthieu
Le 2012-08-18 à 17:26, "AutoPartsWAY.ca Customer Service" <cs@autopartsway.ca a écrit :

Dear Matthieu,

Please provide the VIN of the Car so we can further assist you.

---

Customer Service
AutoPartsWAY.ca

Date: 2012-08-19 15:06:14

Hi,
The VIN # is the following:
3VWFB01H0SM023168

Please give me instruction for return ASAP since the part was needed a week ago!
Thank you!
Matthieu

2012/8/21 AutoPartsWAY.ca Customer Service <cs@autopartsway.ca

Dear Matthieu,

Please double check on the VIN as it shows invalid.

---

Customer Service
AutoPartsWAY.ca

Date: 2012-08-21 16:14:47

Hi,

I double checked the VIN and it is valid!
See for yourself the two attached pictures.

The actual VIN plate of my car. (GOLF_VIN.jpg)
A print screen from https://www.carproof.com/ that clearly show that the provided VIN is valid and match with my car. (CARPROOF_GOLF_VIN.jpg)

Let me remember you what my request is, as it seems to go nowhere.
I need to know the procedure to return the wrong product.
As it is not my error, I am not willing to pay the shipping fees for return.
I need a return label or a guaranteed that the shipping cost will be credited on my account.
Then I need either the correct product or a complete refund.

Here is the history of the situation...

August 13, 2012
I ordered a Brake Proportioning Valve for a 1995 Volkswagen Golf GL with rear drum brake.
Part# ATE1607841 (https://www.autopartsway.ca/search....Smd/allEn/allB/allCT/allsct/search:ATE1607841)
Order# 340918

August 15, 2012
I received a brake proportioning valve, the box was correctly labelled ATE1607841, but the part inside is not the correct part I ordered. The part has an engraved identification "ATE 17416".
See pictures attached: (BOX_RECEIVED.jpg) and (ITEM_RECEIVED.jpg).

I called your customer services 1 (866) 530-5789 and got no answer after 15 minutes.

I filled a return inquiry on Autopartsway website.
RMA# 2013380

August 16, 2012
I get an answer by e-mail asking me to provide more info about the part I received.

August 17-20, 2012
All the info about the part I have received has been provided including the VIN number, which I still don’t understand why it is needed! I need the part I have ordered, period.

August 21, 2012
I called the customer services again.
After 15 minutes waiting I got to talk somebody who ask me the order number, the part number on the item I received, whether my car has rear drum of rear disc brakes, and again the part number.
Then the communication cut! I had no further information.
I attempt to reach somebody three more time without success.

Please process the return ASAP!!
As a regular customer, the present experience is not in your favour.

Regards,

Matthieu

Le 2012-08-22 à 14:51, "AutoPartsWAY.ca Customer Service" <cs@autopartsway.ca a écrit :

Dear Matthieu,

Thank you for providing all of this information.

Please let us know if the Brake Proportioning Valve needed is w/ Drum Brakes Load sensitive for models w/drum brakes or Models w/Rear Disc Brakes

---

Customer Service
AutoPartsWAY.ca

Date: 2012-08-22 15:11:35

As said previously, my car is DRUM brakes!!
"Golf GL with rear drum brake"
"Golf GL (2.0L ABA) with rear drums."

Matthieu

2012/8/23 AutoPartsWAY.ca Customer Service <cs@autopartsway.ca

Dear Matthieu,

According to our records the same part number was ship out to you. You can return the part and we will issue refund to the part returned as return shipping cost is always from the customers end. As a one time offer, we will waive the restocking fees for this return. Please provide the return tracking information so that we can expedite this return for you. Please understand that it can take 7-10 days to complete a return once we receive the item back at our warehouse.

---

Customer Service
AutoPartsWAY.ca

You seem to not understand that the product I received is NOT what the box is labelled!
The product inside the box is not the right one!

Autopartsway made a mistake and is thus responsible for the shipping error.
You might not believe me as your records indicate the right part number.
But if you’re neither blind nor stupid, you should have seen the picture of the item I received.
Which is CLEARLY NOT what I have ordered.

I will return the item and pay the shipping fee.
Then you will see for yourself that I received the WRONG ITEM.
Then you will ship me the right item back and credit me the shipping cost I had to pay.

Otherwise you will lose at least one valuable customer.

Thank you
Matthieu

Commander des pieces de char sur internet est la pire chose a faire. De un le controle de qualité est horrible, de 2 le service a clientele est a chier et de 3 meme dans les UAP/autopart, caca tire ca peut arriver assez souvent que la piece est mal identifié et se retrouve dans la mauvaise boite. Dans ce temps la c'est assez facile de faire l'échange.

Une fois ca m'était arrivé pour une tie rod end chez UAP. Comme j'avais scrappé l'ancienne en la démontant le gars a pas niaisé pentoute, il m'en a livré une autre en moins d'une heure. Il a reprit l'autre meme si j'avais essayé de l'installer merci bonsoir pas ltemps de niaiser.

Ça me fait penser à l'échange de courriel entre la fille qui veut une affiche pour son chat perdu et le gars est en train de la troller. Vraiment... Pathétique.

j'ai commander de très nombreuse fois sur ecstuning et sur autopartsonlinecanada, le seul trouble que j'ai eu c'est quand autopartsonlinecanada a été racheter par USAutoparts, j'ai recu la pièce rapidement mais pas l'outil pour le démancher (socket de 02 sensor), le tracking n'arrivais a rien... un mail quelque jour d'attente un nouveau tracking et la pièce à ma porte rapidement ...

j'ai même commander plusieurs pièces usager sur ebay en provenance du royaume-unis ... jamais eu de problème, toujours une bonne communication pour les fois ou le transport fesait des siennes...

la pire chose du commerce en ligne c'est le fait de sauvé du $$$ :lol: c'est souvent 50% du prix des commerces ... sans se déplacé de son salon ... par contre faut être très vigilent sur le # de pièce et les équivalent ...

Tu as payé comment?
C'est payé par carte de crédit!
Un 160$!

Ça fait plusieurs années que je commande toutes mes pièces en lignes que ce soit sur autopartsonlinecanada, ebay, autopartsway ou autres sites et je n'avais jamais eu de problèmes.
C'est derniers temps j'ai beaucoup commander sur autopartsway et ça a toujours très rapide, 2 jours max de shipping (il y a un entrepôt à St-Léonard).

Mais bon quand il y a une erreur c'est un autre histoire!

Je sais pas si ça va déboucher un jour mon histoire, j'ai reçu une autre reponse aujourd’hui... à suivre!

Dear Matthieu,

Please disregard previous email. We will check on this with the warehouse and get back to you as soon as we hear from them.

---

Customer Service
AutoPartsWAY.ca

Ça me fait penser à l'échange de courriel entre la fille qui veut une affiche pour son chat perdu et le gars est en train de la troller. Vraiment... Pathétique.

Drette ben ce que je me disais lol.... Ils doivent troller, peuvent pas etre cave dememe...

C'est payé par carte de crédit!
Un 160$!

Ça fait plusieurs années que je commande toutes mes pièces en lignes que ce soit sur autopartsonlinecanada, ebay, autopartsway ou autres sites et je n'avais jamais eu de problèmes.
C'est derniers temps j'ai beaucoup commander sur autopartsway et ça a toujours très rapide, 2 jours max de shipping (il y a un entrepôt à St-Léonard).

Mais bon quand il y a une erreur c'est un autre histoire!

Je sais pas si ça va déboucher un jour mon histoire, j'ai reçu une autre reponse aujourd’hui... à suivre!

Appele ta carte de crédit et ouvre une dispute. Ils vont lui prendre l'argent que tu as payé. À partir de la, ils devraient te donner du bon service s'il veut le cash.

Paylpal safe et bien jamais direct par carte de credit !

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9100 avec Tapatalk

Thats why I buy local and save the hassle of all this crap, I just checked in my system and the there is no advantage of buying from them the price is the same

Silimar issure for me, i bought an air filter and front brake pads for my girls 99 civic ex and both parts dont fit, day wasted at the meachanics! Its been over 2 weeks and they refuse to refund the return shipping fee, and acknowledge the mistake, its on the "customers end" to pay the return fee...

So i send a request for and RMA return number for both parts and they give me 1 RMA number, so I ship it out, they then tell me both parts are to be split shipped to 2 different addresses in Mississauga then send me another RMA...its too late i shipped it out, now they tell it will cost another $15 on top of the $10 shipping i already paid to fix the issue,

This is the most unprofessional online customer service ive dealt with in ages, and the phone number no one answers.

They have lost a customer(already spent $500 on other parts)

If you post this on other websites let me know because their customer service is shit so i would like to spread the word.

Mon histoire a finalement fini par aboutir!! UPS est passé ramassé la pièce 2 jour après mon dernier message.
Ça a pris une semaine au produit pour se rendre en Colombie britannique... oui oui au BC!
Deux semaine plus tard y ce passait tjrs rien..

Je leur envoie un e-mail et comme par magie au moment ou je leur écrit le retour est près à être compléter...

2-3 e-mail de niasage de leur part pour être sure si je voulais un remboursement ou la bonne pièce.
J'ai dû le répéter 3 fois..

Je reçois enfin un e-mail comme quoi c’est envoyé et que je vais recevoir le tracking number bientôt.
Le lendemain j'ai reçu la pièce.. mais jamais de tracking # :run:

Hourra! Ce fut long et ardu mais je n'ai rien payé de plus que la pièce.

Pour ceux qui disent que c'est le même prix en ligne qu'en magasin, vous achetez où? La dernière fois que j'ai regardé, pour je ne sais trop quel pièce, c’était plus cher chez Napa et Carquest.

Thats why I buy local and save the hassle of all this crap, I just checked in my system and the there is no advantage of buying from them the price is the same

That's because autopartsway.com is worldpac so the prices are similar

As for ordering online I always order from RockAuto and while I did have a problem with an order I was fully refunded within a few days. I got to keep the wrong parts as well which I resold.

Back