Airplane Thread

^my friend/colleague was a translator/cultural advisor for the Canadian and Americans also said he loved to see them fly-by and hear the canons a mile away.
That and the c130 specter gunship.

QQ'un peux m expliquer comment ca marche les directions que prennent les avions ? Je m'explique, chaque hiver je vais en france, pis si je me souviens en decollant direction sud, l'avion virait a gauche passait au dessus de st jean sur richelieu, pis direction europe. En janvier l'avion a tourne a droite passe au dessus de vaudreuil pis au nord de Laval. Depuis je vois les vols d'europe faire la meme boucle. (Je demeure west-island). Merci.

QQ'un peux m expliquer comment ca marche les directions que prennent les avions ? Je m'explique, chaque hiver je vais en france, pis si je me souviens en decollant direction sud, l'avion virait a gauche passait au dessus de st jean sur richelieu, pis direction europe. En janvier l'avion a tourne a droite passe au dessus de vaudreuil pis au nord de Laval. Depuis je vois les vols d'europe faire la meme boucle. (Je demeure west-island). Merci.

Runway assignments depend on which way the wind is blowing....
Usually it follows this
South, Southeast and Southwest winds will be the 24s in use
North, Northeast, Northwest winds will be 06s
East will be 10 takeoff and landing
West 28 takeoff landing
Clam winds and normally the 24s and 28 are in use.

Coming in on 28 is cool because it's offers great views of downtown.

Chart1_zpsd0819a01.jpg

chart3_zps6410f03c.png

chart2_zps7882cdd1.jpg

Runway assignments depend on which way the wind is blowing....
Usually it follows this
South, Southeast and Southwest winds will be the 24s in use
North, Northeast, Northwest winds will be 06s
East will be 10 takeoff and landing
West 28 takeoff landing
Clam winds and normally the 24s and 28 are in use.

I've landed once on 28 and it was cool coming in directly over downtown!

Je sais pour les pistes que ca depend du vent, ma question etait pas claire. Je voulais juste savoir pourquoi apres le decollage direction sud, les avions tournent a droite et font une boucle au nord, alors qu'avant c'etait a gauche et direct vers l'europe. (si je me trompe pas).

Je sais pour les pistes que ca depend du vent, ma question etait pas claire. Je voulais juste savoir pourquoi apres le decollage direction sud, les avions tournent a droite et font une boucle au nord, alors qu'avant c'etait a gauche et direct vers l'europe. (si je me trompe pas).

It depends on what route is filed, departure is being used, winds, weather, traffic etc. Aircraft departing are still in class c airspace and are still under control of Montreal Departure before being handed off to Montreal Center. Once clear of YUL TCA(C) aircraft will switch to Montreal center.

Aircraft fly on great circle routes.

this will give you a better idea
yultca_zps4c2d7fa4.jpg

For the most part local controllers are cool unlike those at JFK but still lulz

Middle Eastern carrier Emirates has finalised its order for 150 Boeing 777X twin-engined aircraft, a deal originally disclosed at last year's Dubai air show.

The agreement comprises 115 of the 777-9X variant and 35 of the 777-8X, plus purchase rights on another 50. Deliveries will begin in 2020.

All of the jets will be powered by General Electric GE9X engines.

Boeing values the overall agreement at $56 billion at catalogue prices. This could rise to $75 billion if Emirates exercises all its options.

Emirates president Tim Clark says the agreement gives the Dubai-based carrier 208 777s on backlog. It already has 138 777s in its fleet.

"The 777X will offer us operational flexibility in terms of range, more passenger capacity and fuel efficiency," says Clark.

Boeing says design of the 777X is progressing, with production set to commence in 2017. The type has secured 300 orders and commitments from six customers.

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/emirates-finalises-order-for-150-777x-jets-401198/

Sent my application last week to the Forces to hopfully get into their Pilot program.

Fingers crossed hoping one day i can talk shop with Gregster :)

Back