News: Scion FR-S Named AutoGuide.com Car of the Year

2NDGENTEG

Legacy Member
2013-AutoGuide-Car-of-the-Year.jpg

The AutoGuide.com Car of the Year has to be a stand-out winner among its competitors, and whether it’s a compact car, a luxury sedan or a sports car, it must set new benchmarks in its class. It must also be an important car, for the automaker, for consumers and for the automotive history books.

For those reasons the winner of the first ever AutoGuide.com Car of the Year is none other than… the Scion FR-S.

A sports car should be agile, well-balanced, responsive and intuitive, responding to driver inputs. The FR-S takes these qualities to an impressive level and flatters the driver, making almost anyone look and feel like a professional behind the wheel.

An engaging daily drive, hit the track and it’s easy to make this car fly. And yet going fast is hardly the primary objective, of the FR-S, or of any sports car for that matter. Those who think so, as well as those who criticise the fact that it makes “just” 200 hp, have missed the point.

Read the complete story about the AutoGuide.com Car of the Year on AutoGuide.com

I think it's deserving. The car delivered in a segment that was sorely lacking: Low cost, entry level RWD sports car. It hight the right price point and while rather ugly, still was very fun to drive.

I think it's deserving. The car delivered in a segment that was sorely lacking: Low cost, entry level RWD sports car. It hight the right price point and while rather ugly, still was very fun to drive.

I very much agree with you. As for the ''rather ugly'' part, thats a question of tastes.

lol , watch a turbo coming for sure. It's kind of market strategy. Making you all buy the "brz/frs" N/A , a bit slow at better price, then taking the same model , body , chassis and implanting a faster engine (in later models) after having enough aftermarket parts / clients. They did really good on this thinking. After having the turbo version and that you own the n/a , you'll find it sucks and trade it for the newer version.

It definitely got people talking, was a much needed car in the market, RWD, cheaper, true sportiness. Definitely had the most Buzz. Very good entry level sports car.

Back