News: 2014 Lexus IS Revealed - Photos and VIDEO

2NDGENTEG

Legacy Member
2014-Lexus-IS350-F-Sport.jpg

With full info coming next week at the Detroit Auto Show, Lexus has announced preliminary details on the redesigned IS luxury sports sedan. AutoGuide has also been given a special sneak-peek at the car before it’s official reveal.

DESIGN BLOOD-LINE

Like other models in the Lexus lineup, the 2014 IS has adopted the brand’s signature design element, its so-called “spindle grille.” Shown here on the IS350 F-Sport model, the grille is a single-frame, hour glass-shaped flourish, uninterrupted by a bumper line. Already a prominent part of the GS and LS sedans, it’s now migrating down to the smaller IS, and looks nearly identical to that found on the LF-CC Concept.

Aside from that unique – and very prominent grille – the car’s face also features unusual headlamp assemblies that are very sculptural; they’re almost 3-D in the way they’ve been contoured and shaped. Another stand-out part of the design are the separate L-shaped LED daytime-running lamps.

The front fenders are powerfully flared, making the car seem wider than it is. The character lines on top of these panels carry along the bodyside, terminating in the decklid at the back.

There are other interesting design elements as well, especially the twisting shape of the rocker panels. The high lines starting in these moldings sweep up near the rear of the car, neatly meeting up with the pointed taillamps.

Read the full story and see more photos of the 2014 Lexus IS at AutoGuide.com

nice interior but wtf is up with headlight? at first i thought it was a reflection but its not lol.

they are pushing it little too far with their funky design

Some parts of it I love. Some I don't. Ends up with something I hate but love if I hide a few parts...

I love it!
Finally someone pushing the designs beyond bold and boring.

There is nothing more aggressive out there from the factory in that class, imagine this thing lowered on some nice wheels....mmmmm

I like the rear end... Not digging the front tho... The new trademark grille is just too invasive...

I think the front is nice and aggressive. With expand Lexus' market hopefully. The tail lights are a little too pointy into the quarter panel though.

Couple chops from my.IS

8365705602_670c5e6629_b.jpg

8365816448_4f9fc5ca0d_b.jpg

Its funny how eveyone hates on Toyota about being beige and boring but when the push the limits everyone complins that they need to keep it simple. I predict the car will sell better than the current gen

I love it. Only downside is I only see two pedals, and I'm not fond of how far down the tailights go into the quarter.

Its funny how eveyone hates on Toyota about being beige and boring but when the push the limits everyone complins that they need to keep it simple. I predict the car will sell better than the current gen

This.

I actually like it.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Back