Vwvortex member buys 2013 Jeep Wrangler and notices this

I'll give my .02$ in my own thread.

I honestly don't think that will affect performance, or longevity, but still, when you buy a new car, it should look new. The fact that Jeep has the balls to sell a rusty brand new car, regardless of the fact that it's cast iron parts, it's simply unbelievable IMO.

Would you accept a new fridge with stained stainless steel on it? Yeah it'll clean up, but it's supposed to be new.

Would you buy a new dirty coat? The company could argue it won't affect the coats insulation and function, and that it's dirty because of their delivery or storage process, but how the fuck is that the customers problem? You buy new, it should be new, no exceptions.

i wouldn't think too much about it. Get out there and enjoy your new Jeep! Give it a good rustproofing whenever you get the chance.
We have a 2006 Liberty in my family and it looks pretty bad underneath, buuut it's all surface rust, so who cares? It does what it's supposed to.
On the other hand, I will share this: due to the cheap carbon steel used, there was surface rust on the driveshaft rear u-joint within a few weeks of buying the car, and it finally gave in this winter (6 years later), only 62 000km. This appears to be common with Jeeps as they use cheap metal for their cast iron parts.
Toyota Tacoma, also in the family, 70 000km didn't even change the brake pads on it, as for rust, there's nothing ANYWHERE underneath. The drive shaft looks like new.
my 0.02

go to dealer and compare with other brand new jeep, if its the same ...dealer will always tell you its normal...

it's a jeep thing, de la rouille sur un diff ça change pas grand chose par contre, dans 3-4ans ça va être brun mur à mur en dessous anyway. Quand tu vois des TJ 2000 avec des frame perforé, ça me surprend pas vraiment, leur frame sont encore plus fuckall que ceux de tacoma 1995.5-2004

On va savoir dans quelques années pour les jk, les YJ avait des frame lamentable, les tj aussi merdique mais plus épais donc résiste plus longtemps.

Ca me rappel quand je jasais avec le beau frere étant accoté sur son jeep. Un moment donné j'me penche pour voir dequoi dans une de ses cages de roue y me shoot ''nononon touche pass!!'' paff j'ai un chunk de 2pouce par 8 pouce de tole pourrite qui me reste dans les mains haha on l'avait bien rie. Ste jeep la était rouillé a grandeur!!

c'est tout a fait normal et c'est juste de la rouille en surface. Ça passera pas au travers en 100 ans.

Les seuls chose qui pourraient être affecté par la rouille c'est les bracket de shock et de trailing arm, parce que c'est relativement mince ( 1/8 ou 3/16 probablement ) mais ça va prendre environ 15ans.

I would demand a full refund. if that didn't work, legal action. That thing is rusted like crazy...

That's what sucks about recent mopar trucks. either they rust instantly, or they never rust

tumblr_loeo2eWXDb1qaa3nh.jpg

Rien a stressé la.
Faire shooté a l'huile et il est bon pour le restant de ces jours.

Le plancher et frame a aucune rouille...les piece de suspension vont toujours rouillé un peu en surface..c'est normal.

i would not keep that. thats seriously messed up. you can take a porsche of any age and never find rust like that. refund!

dans 6 ans :
Bryansphotos2012.jpg

Plus serieusement, quand t'es rendu à avoir de la rouille partout (le diff ca semble normal)...ya des limites, et c'est neuf en plus.

Back