Reliability Mercedes benz?

SR20

I'm getting offered an 2001 S500 , body 240 000 km, engine 109 000.

Reliability out of 10?

moteur changé, en partant sa en dit long ...

surtout si on compare à une tercel, corolla, civic, accord, qui se rendent facilement dans le 400 000km sur le moteur d'origine.

sur 10, maximum 6 peut etre 7 si bien entretenu

La tante de ma blonde a une C230 sedan 2006, a 102 000km le moteur vient de rendre l'âme. Toujours entretenue au concessionnaire. Hors garantie, prix exhorbitant en maintenance, voiture capricieuse, problemes weird qui sortent de nulle part..

Tu le dis toi meme, moteur changé a 10X 000km, je me trompe peut etre mais apres avoir entendu maintes fois que the world's most expensive car is a used Mbenz..I wouldnt go there.

Stay away, those cars are notoriously known for suspension failures. They have shitty air ride setups and cost a fortune to replace. Get a 7 series bimmer instead.

Stay away, those cars are notoriously known for suspension failures. They have shitty air ride setups and cost a fortune to replace. Get a 7 series bimmer instead.
It is the first owner, all around is replaced with life-warranty, engine was changed due to MB fault, forgot to put back oil into engine, no electrical problems, everythings works, think I will take it.

It is the first owner, all around is replaced with life-warranty, engine was changed due to MB fault, forgot to put back oil into engine, no electrical problems, everythings works, think I will take it.

Ok so get it, you'll get mad pussy at the club yo

5.5-6/10

I wouldn't pay more than 3k for it. Actually it's most likely worth more in parts

I'd much rather have an LS430 of the same vintage and same KMs :)

big engines on those years are reliable if not bulletproof when taken care.
All the rest is the problem. S classes have WAY to much electronics, so it will break. Also I wouldn't touch a changed engine.

+1 for gregsters suggestions, I'd Take an LS430

or a W126/W140, way cooler

Jconnais un gars qui avais une mercedes class c 2002, la seule reparation que jai vu le prix cetait un moteurs de whiper a +1000$...

A friend of mine has an 07 S550 and he had to replace only ONE shock with the air setup

2,500$

Stay away

I wouldn't do it. If someone offered it to me tomorrow for free I would just sell it the same day...Not worth all the little things that will go wrong, the mileage is just too much.

You're going to end up spending more on repairs and maintenance in a short period of time vs the value of the car.

I would NEVER buy an old S class. If something goes wrong the car is totaled. It will cost way more to repair than the value of the car. Air suspension goes out -and it will at some point- , expect to pay over $10,000 to have it fixed.

so u saying that different air suspension, let's say for 3k, is impossible to install? I call it BS, of course if you'll take that benz to stealership it will cost you an arm and a leg

lol why would anyone want to get that??
baller factor?? performance? reliability? comfyness??

you certainly dont look like a baller in a decade old mercedes which worth less than a decade old civic, certainly not performant in any level, probably worst in reliability, maybe comfy? but tell how comfortable your ass would feel when you know massive repair bills are waiting for you.

so why?:dunno:

Back