News: Maserati Ghibli Revealed as 5 Series, E-Class Rival

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2013/04/maserati-ghibli-revealed-as-5-series-e-class-rival.html

Looking to grow into a more mainstream luxury brand, Maserati today unveiled its new mid-size luxury sedan ahead of a planned debut at the Shanghai Motor Show later this month.
Calling it a “four-door sports executive saloon” the oddly named Ghibli will slot in beneath the Quattroporte in the Maserati lineup, providing a sexy Italian alternative to cars like the BMW 5 Series and Mercedes E-Class. While pricing isn’t expected for quite some time, expect the Ghibli compete at the very high-end of the segment.

Love it when exotics make more affordable models. When do we get a $60K Bentley or a $70K Lambo ha!

edit: hum no, DON'T make an affordable Aston Martin.

likeporsche that is diluting more and more the brand with cheaper cars/trucks.

edit: hum no, DON'T make an affordable Aston Martin.

likeporsche that is diluting more and more the brand with cheaper cars/trucks.

With the money Porsche makes on selling Cayennes who can blame them? I fully approve of this but then again, I'm not a Porsche die hard.

Porsche se sert de la vente des Cayenne et Boxster pour financer des projets de mongole (gt rs etc) et un service irréprochable.. Ça justifie le produit tant qu'à moi. Ce n'est pas pour se sortir de la faillite ou essayer de créer une part du marché comme d'autres.. Mon opinion.

Porsche se sert de la vente des Cayenne et Boxster pour financer des projets de mongole (gt rs etc) et un service irréprochable.. Ça justifie le produit tant qu'à moi. Ce n'est pas pour se sortir de la faillite ou essayer de créer une part du marché comme d'autres.. Mon opinion.

^^ this!!!

As a die hard Porsche fan and owner, as much as I am against the company venturing off into other categories, I have to fully agree with your opinion.

All manufacturers are diluted today.

Manufacturers are incredibly savvy in their targeted consumer marketing on what vehicle to buy, and in turn the consumers are convinced this is what they need. When you look at the record sales numbers of Audi and BMW you soon realize where they come from...Sadly the growth comes from their SUV/SAV vehicles because customers buy them and are convinced they are needed to go to the mall in their sweats.

Hate to admit it, but that shot form the back, don't know if its the way the rear lights are shaped, the trunk but theres something that resembles the Kia Optima!

I might have found my future car :D (as in, in about 6-7 years, get a 2014-2015 one, they should be about 20k)

2014-Maserati-Ghibli-02.jpg

Tesla-Model-S-Background-1280x1024.jpg

I always wanted to have a mid-luxury car with the maintenance expenses of a ferrari... and the devaluation of a fiat.

I mean, if I had to choose between the relative reliability of an E class or 5 series, and decent maintenance price, versus the reliability of an italian car that has to be serviced at ferrari, why would I want to pay so much. The point of a mid-luxury is that you're too poor to pay for maintenance on a supercar or just don't want to...

Tu m'as pris de vitesse.

Beaucoup sur ce forum ne connaissent pas grand chose à l'historique des marques automobile.

Pour revenir au sujet, Maserati me déçoit car ils vont faire une version DIESEL !!!

Imaginez ça, une Maserati diesel... ou va-t-on ? :cry:

Hâte de voir à quoi ça va ressembler en vrai, par contre, si elle fait un bruit de tracteur, je serais dégoûté...

Tu m'as pris de vitesse.

Beaucoup sur ce forum ne connaissent pas grand chose à l'historique des marques automobile.

Pour revenir au sujet, Maserati me déçoit car ils vont faire une version DIESEL !!!

Imaginez ça, une Maserati diesel... ou va-t-on ? :cry:

Hâte de voir à quoi ça va ressembler en vrai, par contre, si elle fait un bruit de tracteur, je serais dégoûté...

Vive les prejuges... sa fait un bon 10ans que les moteurs diesels sonnent quasiment comme des moteurs a essence... memes les powerjokes claquent plus..

Back