The Real Danger On our Roads (Pics)

od_man99

What is the problem on Quebec Roads? Is it the young overzealous drivers? The modified car scene folks?

Unfortunately, often the latter get blamed for road death tolls.

In the past few weeks we've started feeling the "PUSH" from mainstream media for stricter automotive regulations, more police presence and by virtue more taxation.

However, in my 100km daily commute, I often tend to notice the culprits tend to be the very ninnies demanding more regulations.

The lane hogger:
-You've all been through this, it's a sunny weekend day, you're rolling at 115-120 km/h and come up to a lazy lane hogger, not willing to budge, in the left lane. Often, this causes a lineup of traffic, a dangerous situation, where cars end up tailing each other at highway speeds attempting to overpass in the right lane.

Not only is this situation dangerous, but it also, often, is extremely frustrating!!! Why have to deal with these "Matante" drivers on a daily basis? The reason is simple, more of them don't use their rear view mirror and don't see you coming and when they do, they often opt to remain in the lane, pleading the cause of righteousnesses, IT'S THE LAW, I can hear them whisper in their late model corolla, listening to Radio Canada.

The Soccer moms:
-You often see these soccer moms on your days off of during the daytime, they are by far the scariest drivers. You'll find them rolling dirty in dodge caravans or some other type of minivan death trap. They'll cut you off, slow down to an almost complete stop at all intersections and comment that your music is too loud or that you drive too fast if your windows happen to be open. These chicks are dangerous, they tend to side with stricter regulations and are absolute ninnies, yet merging on a highway is the most exciting thing they do daily. You'll always get stuck behind them at 60, attempting to merge in while semis role by at 105.

The Crazy Morning Bitch:

-These tend to be a delight to deal with every working day. They are in a hurry, the never use flashers, they often shift in between make-up fixing sessions and will serve into your lane and side doors at any given moment. They tend to also love to text in the morning. Note: If you honk, they will brake! Yes, they will brake, I hate these bitches and so does all the other drivers. You never want to get stuck, beside or behind one in the morning. They usually range from 20 to 45 and tend to be worse the older they are due to loss of reflexes.

The Taxi Driver:

-You all know this guy, drives in two lanes, accelerate like a madman to said limit and blocks all traffic attempting to go faster than him. They are the jerks of the road, the professional drivers, that spend their entire days screwing with people's minds, flashing to one side and going to the other. If you happen to get caught with these guys on Sherbrooke during peak traffic hours, you'll find them blasting their Hindu/Arab/Haitian music, cutting people off in the turning lane and driving like absolute maniacs.

The Brown noser:

-This is the guy/woman that follows the laws to the letter. He will do 50 in a 50 zone, 90 in the 100 zone and 70 in the construction area. You'll be behind Bob screaming your lungs out, "MOVE MOTHERFUCKER" but Bob brakes the law for no Man. If Bob happens to have been born a female, it will be overweight, with some overpriced, ugly hair do. It will call the cops on you for missing a stop or doing 110 on the highway, don't laugh, I personally know people like this.

The scared babyboomer:

This is the most common driver on the road. Ether at the end of their professional careers, or already retired. These are the guys to blame for the state of the roads, the healthcare system, the educational system etc.. These folks took and took and never gave back, they let the system build a huge mafia organization, setup and plunder the wealth of our country without retribution. If that's not enough to loath these people, you have to deal with their fucked up driving.

If you want to switch lanes and flash, the babyboommer will attempt to block you, especially if his car is bigger. They will try to intimidate you with all means. If you are at a stop and need to merge into the adjacent lane with Roger driving beside you in his 2010 Mustang, you better launch your shit like you're at Nappy. These people love regulations and laws, they cherish the cops and will slow down to point a finger at you when you get pulled over. They often also are the ones that enjoyed the good old days, where they'd race all night on the 20 or do pulls on the 40 before it's completion. These are the folks that enjoyed a free society and now want everything to be modeled according to their withering reflexes and stuck up mentality. You can't throw a fist one of these people, they are too old, but fuck sometimes you just feel like ramming their asses off the road.

Here's the perfect example, some old, decrepit chick almost killing a pedestrian as she goes onto the sidewalk/biker thinking it's the road leading to her favorite bingo place.

img5685h.jpg

I couldn't agree more, even on my short 5km or so commute I notice that the real dangerous drivers are the ones that aren't portrayed as dangerous.

In fact, I find that the kids with modified cars or whatever are less likely to do something dangerous. Obviously not all the time but still, compared to a "crazy morning bitch" it's nothing.

Wtf.. I only read about the baby boomers, and I wondered how in hell could this be well written. You just proved to the rest of us that you are a total ignorant. You obviously have no understanding of how our system works. I work with "baby boomers" that have succeeded in life and obviously you haven't done nothing to help our society. Stop bitching and start making a difference before criticizing people. I bet you are the kind of guy who never gives the second effort and work 35 hours a day, yet you are able to criticized people. Bravo!

I've discovered that if you don't curse at someone while driving, you're not paying enough attention to your driving.

While old people may be the cause of some crashes, and are often a target for young people to criticize, I think if you look at the statistics you'll find that a majority of road deaths probably do not come from them. I don't buy the argument at all. The "I should be able to go as fast as I want" argument reminds me of the "I should be able to own any kind of assault weaponry I want" argument. It's bullshit. Sure, YOU may be responsible but raising speed limits will only allow idiots to drive faster and kill more people. It's same way as ensuring the easiest possible access to guns has given the USA a gun death rate that is exponentially higher than any other similar country.

I decided to look up the stats. Here are Canadian road accidents from 2009 by agegroup.

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/roadsafety/tp-tp3322-2009-1173.htm

Age Fatalities Serious Inj Injuries (Total)
15-245232,94742,257
25–343641,94630,738
35–442441,70426,148
45–543551,85626,205
55–642521,08916,418
65 +3891,11613,922

As you can see, the 15-24 group is the most affected. Also note that the 65+ is not a ten year increment but encompass everyone in their 70s, 80s and 90s.

And for those curious about the guns:

CountryFirearm death rate
Japan0.07
United Kingdom0.25
Australia1.05
Germany1.1
Sweden1.47
Norway1.78
Canada2.13
France3
Switzerland3.84
Nicaragua7.14
United States10.2
Mexico11.07

Don't forget those 18 wheelers in the left lane trying to pass at 105 km, you get stuck behind those bozos for miles,if you can't go fast enough to pass,stay in the right lane.

Last edited:
Old people like driving into the sea and driving down the hwy the wrong way, while younger drivers like to take more risks like passing in a blind curve on a 2 lane road because YOLO!

Old people also like to wait at the stop till you get there from 5 blocks away and then pull out front of you, because they are too scared to pull out when they don't see a car coming. Young people drive through stop signs because stop signs are only a suggestion made by old people.

Old people like driving into the sea and driving down the hwy the wrong way, while younger drivers like to take more risks like passing in a blind curve on a 2 lane road because YOLO!

Old people also like to wait at the stop till you get there from 5 blocks away and then pull out front of you, because they are too scared to pull out when they don't see a car coming. Young people drive through stop signs because stop signs are only a suggestion made by old people.

Old people actually do a FULL stop at a stop sign, then continue. Unfortunately they rarely look "left-right" to see if there was another car before them! I have been riding my motorcycle since 2009 and every time I came really close to a big accident - 65+ were to blame

Gatta love the brown noser, hate those ones. Especially when they turn into a lane hogger cause they know your about to do something

I get these a lot too and I think you should include them in your list! You get these mostly on country roads but I've had it done everywhere;

People who cut you off, only to realize, once they're pretty much stationary in front of you in a 90 km/h zone, that you were coming. Generally, they'll start to slowly accelerate and then slam the brakes and swerve in the gravel once they realize you're in their ass long after you've come to pretty much a complete stop behind them because they're too mesmerized by catching their own retarded look in the rear-view mirror that they've instantly forgotten how to press a pedal and make their vehicle move forward in a timely fashion.

"Something is moving towards me and seems likely to smack my ass, I better stop!"

Most of the times you can actually see them look at you while at the corner and pulling out in front of you anyway, then looking up their rear-view once, then a second time, then slamming the brakes and swerving, as if it's your fault you were already engaged on the road they were planning on taking.

Makes me feel stabby when it happens. If you're going to cut me off to save 3 seconds on your trip, you better start moving, else, wait the extra 3 seconds at your stop sign and let me go by. When I do cut off someone, I make sure they never have to slow down.

While old people may be the cause of some crashes, and are often a target for young people to criticize, I think if you look at the statistics you'll find that a majority of road deaths probably do not come from them. I don't buy the argument at all. The "I should be able to go as fast as I want" argument reminds me of the "I should be able to own any kind of assault weaponry I want" argument. It's bullshit. Sure, YOU may be responsible but raising speed limits will only allow idiots to drive faster and kill more people. It's same way as ensuring the easiest possible access to guns has given the USA a gun death rate that is exponentially higher than any other similar country.

Says the owner of the biggest street racing forum in Quebec who's never sped in his life.

Please tell me how slow you drove while racing in the good old days.

Says the owner of the biggest street racing forum in Quebec who's never sped in his life.

Please tell me how slow you drove while racing in the good old days.

I drove faster in the old days. There was less traffic, driving school was mandatory, sports cars had 150hp with a 0-100 of 10s, my SVO capri had 165hp! Today a fucking Kia Rio has 150hp...

And then there are peeps who shoot and post videos like that M5 maniac in the other thread, giving a fine example to our ti-coune generation.

Who's holier than though?

Sent from my K1 using Tabarnak.

Where did I post that speed limits should be infinite?

Back