News: Aston Martin V12 Vantage S Revealed with 565-HP!

2NDGENTEG

Legacy Member
2015-Aston-Martin-V12-Vantage-S.jpg

Aston Martin has unveiled its V12 Vantage S model, powered by an updated 6.0-liter V12 powerplant with 565 hp that's mated to a new seven-speed Sportshift III AMT gearbox.

Replacing the outgoing V12 Vantage, the new Vantage S is the fastest road-going model the British automaker has yet to offer, with the exception of the One-77 supercar of course. The V12 Vantage S is capable of hitting 205 mph and is backed by 457 lb-ft of torque that's available at 5750 rpm.

Plenty of race car technology has found its way on the new V12 Vantage S, including CNC-machined combustion chambers and hollow camshafts in the motor. The new Sportshift III AMT (automated manual transmission) is a hydraulically-actuated automatic transmission with paddle shifters and is 55 pounds lighter than the outgoing six-speed manual transmission.

The new sports car also debuts a three-stage adaptive damping system which is a first for the Vantage family. Three modes are available for the driver: Normal, Sport, and Track - the system also controls the level of power steering assistance offered.

There's no doubt the V12 Vantage S will sound menacing as well, with its exhaust system derived from the One-77 supercar.

But its beauty lies on the exterior with carbon fiber on the front grille, that was inspired by the new CC100 Speedster Concept. Lightweight, forged ten-spoke wheels adorn a black painted roof and subtle exterior graphics pack. On the inside, new-style Sport seating features revised stitching and welt detailing, while buyers can opt for two leather grade options: Luxmill and semi-aniline. The possibility to include Alcantara is also on the table. An optional Carbon Fiber Interior package accents the door pulls with carbon fiber, and the V12 Vantage S will have the option of black pedals, another first.

"The new V12 Vantage S is our most extreme Vantage to date – engineered to bring race car performance and technology to the open road," said Aston Martin CEO Dr. Ulrich Bez. "It is our most powerful engine in a beautifully tailored suit. It is elegant, yet brutal, and it is at the same time easy to control. It has everything that sums up Aston Martin: power, beauty and soul!"

See more Aston Martin V12 Vantage S photos at AutoGuide.com

I love Aston... More and more at every new model launch.

In prefer these curves to any edge of the lambo...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

2015-Aston-Martin-V12-Vantage-S-studio-01.jpg

Very nice car. One thing that may be of concern (and it's the first thing I thought of) is that the V8 Vantage looks very similar and 2006-2007 models appear to be averaging around $65K on Dupont Registry.

http://dupontregistry.com/autos/Search/DRauSearchDetails.aspx?itemid=1794694

EM_C05826_3_03.jpg

EM_C05826_5_05.jpg

I imagine if you plan to spend all the money, you'd want to be sure the neighbor's kid living at home didn't shell out a measly $65K financed over ten years to get a car that looks similar hehe. Anyone know how relialbe the older Astons are? Must be an arm and a leg to maintain.

Very nice car. One thing that may be of concern (and it's the first thing I thought of) is that the V8 Vantage looks very similar and 2006-2007 models appear to be averaging around $65K on Dupont Registry.

I imagine if you plan to spend all the money, you'd want to be sure the neighbor's kid living at home didn't shell out a measly $65K financed over ten years to get a car that looks similar hehe. Anyone know how relialbe the older Astons are? Must be an arm and a leg to maintain.

I was looking at these samecars on cars.com a few weeks ago.

$65k for a car that is that good looking is a good deal.

but maintenance must be insane on a used Aston Martin..

le gros problème est la fiabilité et le manque de power ( 2006-2007 V8 )

les matériaux sont très haut de gamme mais souvent mal assemblé, je sais que c'est hand made mais on sent que c'est fragile

j'en est une a vendre au garage, la voiture est impeccable mais je prendrais un 911 avant pour la paix d'esprit

le gros problème est la fiabilité et le manque de power ( 2006-2007 V8 )

les matériaux sont très haut de gamme mais souvent mal assemblé, je sais que c'est hand made mais on sent que c'est fragile

j'en est une a vendre au garage, la voiture est impeccable mais je prendrais un 911 avant pour la paix d'esprit

La noir sur rouge chez Lauzon?

I was expecting more power from an engine that size. And I believe that AM is suffering from the Audi syndrome; their cars all look similar.

Aston Martin était une des seule compagnie d'exotique à vendre des auto avec un setup front engine/rwd/manuelle...malheureusement la transmission manuelle semble vouloir disparaitre.

dans se style de vehicule pour 3 fois moin cher je prefere la xkr-s avec sensiblement les meme hp ...550hp

Agreed with this... Plus, to my surprise, the XKR/XKR-S sounds better than the Aston V12... Actually the V8 out of the vantage sounds better than the V12... Just my personal opinion tho!

Meh all these modern British cars lack the charm and quirkiness of fine british motorcars from yesteryear.

That color is gaudy on the jag. Puke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back