Teksavvy Cable Internet thoughts?

Xc0m

Legacy Member
Anyone here use Teksavvy cable? I'm on Bell 25/10 right now, but even though I'm close to the CO, I still get some jitter and latency. I work from home, so any small issue I notice, and it gets annoying. Losing sync while in the middle of a meeting (voip) is the killer.

I've read DSLReports, but most of TSI's reviews are from Ontario on the Rogers network.

If anyone here has TSI cable, can you let me know how well it works, if you get the advertised speeds, etc?

Thanks!

I have Teksavvy. Had some ping shootings here and there during the first month. Seems stable now. However, if you need your internet for work, I would opt for Videotron for maximum stability.

was with teksavvy then switched over to electronicbox.. their both videotron resellers so expect the same service..

i have cable 8, not even EB beats the price. I combine cable internet with VOIP to save some money on the home phone , heck i never use home phone lol.

Sent from China

I have tekksavy for both my condo (that I'm renting) and my house.

There is a reason why people create threads about the frustration with Bell/Rogers/Videotron. Yet i've never seen one with TekkSavvy

I've had them for years, never had to call for tech support.
and their 300Gig download limit now has unlimited between 2am-8am, so to me, that's virtually 'true unlimited' seeing as how i download everything over night.

There is no discussion on this matter, get Tekksavy, or go call a packi to support your over paid service - the choice is yours.

i have cable 8, not even EB beats the price. I combine cable internet with VOIP to save some money on the home phone , heck i never use home phone lol.

Sent from China

Pro Tip: They discontinued Cable 8 and Cable 10 is now the same price but 10mbps and 150 gigs of transfer instead of 75. Call accounts customer service and they will upgrade you!

Anything but Bell really, if you're looking for stability.

I've been living at my parents house since January and they are with Bell. Most of my spare time is spent using an internet connection and its really bad how unstable Bell's service is. The connection loses sync at least once per week. Sometimes its drops once per day for 2 or 3 days in a row. Not really a big deal as you can reboot the modem directly from the settings webpage, but its still annoying, especially if you're doing something important and the connection drops.

On the other hand, at my own house i've had Videotron for many years with very little problems to report, other than their dumb customer service reps. It kinda balances itself out because you rarely have to call them. I then switched to Electronic Box to save a little bit of cash and they are on the Videotron network aswell. Nothing but good to report about Ebox.

I have been with Electronic box for about 2 months now or more. I can't even tell you how happy i am for going with them instead of overpriced Videotron or Bell.

I have Dsl tho, but cable is even cheaper. I just couldn't get it to be installed in my appartment.

It costs me 45$ per month for 15 Mbps, 150 Go of bandwith and believe it or not, it's unlimited bandwith between 2h AM to 2h PM. So i download all the shit i want between those hours and i never bust my limit.

They also have the best customer service i have seen. They are extremely nice and really take the time to talk to you. You also don't have to wait on the phone for an hour to talk to someone. Since they are a smaller company, they actually care about their clients, unlike bell who don't give a shit and always tries to fuck you up the ass every month by charging you more on your bill. Then you have to call them and argue for half and hour with an immigrant that hardly speaks your language so they can refund that extra $75 they charged you. Happened last month (My phone is with bell). I actually never paid the exact amount i am supposed to since i am with bell. They always charge you more and give you bullshit excuses.

Anyway, to get back on topic, if i were you i wouldn't hesitate to go with E-box. I'm sure you won't be disapointed and you will probably regret being fucked in the ass for so long before changing company.

As for the stability, i have nothing to say. I had minor disconnection problems in the first 2 weeks. I then called them and never had the slightest problem with my internet since then.

Last edited:
I have tekksavy for both my condo (that I'm renting) and my house.

There is a reason why people create threads about the frustration with Bell/Rogers/Videotron. Yet i've never seen one with TekkSavvy

I've had them for years, never had to call for tech support.
and their 300Gig download limit now has unlimited between 2am-8am, so to me, that's virtually 'true unlimited' seeing as how i download everything over night.

There is no discussion on this matter, get Tekksavy, or go call a packi to support your over paid service - the choice is yours.

With E-box it's from 2am to 2pm :p. But both companies are good. I've heard lot's of good reviews from Tekksavy users. Seriously i don't even know why anyone would want to go with Bell or Videotron.

And by the way, never go with Acanac (If it still exists). The most unstable internet service you can ever have. You also have to pay for the year in advance.

I'm with teksavvy, the service is excellent, always stable, every now and then I get a disconnect, but they have been working on the network in the area lately and I was advised beforehand.

I'm with teksavvy 25/7 been with them for a year with that and 2 years previous at 5mb DSL.

My server downloads about 60-80gigs a night between 2am and 8am, I've been thinking of switching to cable with them, since it's pretty close in price.

edit: never mind, apperantly it's 125$ a month for 300gigs with 120cable, no thanks, I'll stick to my DSL.

Almost started a new one...

I'm debating between TS DSL and cable. If their DSL goes through Bell lines, doesn't it make it as bad as Bell? I cancelled Bell and in 14 days I have to have something to replace them. So far I'm liking the cable idea, but there is no cable in this room so I'll have to split it in the other room and bring it in here. No idea how much cable internet like splitters

No.. bell sells you its services for much more than TS would.. not to mention TS customer reps know wtf their talking about and are a phone call away (unlike bell)

That said, go with Electronic Box.. haent been happier.. i was with Teksavvy but eventually went to Electronic box to support a local company (teksavy is in ontario.. you save on taxes though)

Almost started a new one...

I'm debating between TS DSL and cable. If their DSL goes through Bell lines, doesn't it make it as bad as Bell? I cancelled Bell and in 14 days I have to have something to replace them. So far I'm liking the cable idea, but there is no cable in this room so I'll have to split it in the other room and bring it in here. No idea how much cable internet like splitters

If the choice is between cable and DSL go cable, as you said, DSL is still bell, so even if it is going to be cheaper, you're still gonna have to deal with the shitty bell network

Yeah I'm looking at both providers (TS, EB), more or less the same price/limit. Do they supply the cable splitter or I have to get one on my own? Guess I can call and ask, no idea which splitters are good

Back